It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star people vrs Cross people?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Shalom,

You won't have a 5 pointed star in your house, but you will have a Christmas tree?

Are you familiar with the concept of a cult object, like the Asherah Tree mentioned in the Tanakh or the history of the Yule tree?

...Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.

They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
Jeremiah 10:2-4

[edit on 20/12/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Shalom Achi.. Atah medaber Ivrit??

Yes I know all about that and dont have a christmas tree either.. I have just edited that post to reflect that.. I was tired at the time lol..

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

העברית שלי גרוע מאוד

pretty much only on a bible study basis, I have family who are fluent, but that doesn't excuse me.

I wasn't trying to be a scrooge, I just wanted to know if you knew about the tree stuff. I have had numerous and humourous debates with others about the issue.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What you illustrated, and what you see in many people's homes, are decorative stars. They are sold at Wal-Mart, Home Goods, and other similar retailers.

The stars are hung on the wall, because that it is the use which fulfills their purpose: to serve as decoration.

Single-point-up is the conventional presentation for a five-pointed star in the United States. No doubt this is the fruit of millennia of European superstitions, but almost surely it had become mere convention by the late 18th Century, when the United States came into being.

You might also consider that visual space is anisotropic, so that when seeking "balance," we tend to give more weight to what is toward the top, and so place less weight there. A pyramid looks balanced to us, of course, but even when setting type for a book, the blank space at the top of the page is usually thinner than the blank space at the bottom.

Imbalance can be exploited for representational effect. It suggests dynamism, for instance, but unfortuantely may also connote toppling over.

As to what reaction might increase your sales, how about "Nice star. Where'd you buy yours?" That tosses in a little Neuro-Linguistic Programming, getting the person to talk about buying something, making it their own. Can't hurt, might help.

As to religious decorations, like crosses, I'd leave them alone. Catholics do not typically make the sign of the cross before talking with visiting salespeople, and so might think it odd if the salesperson did so before talking with them. Protestants are easily offended by anything they associate with Catholicism. Eastern Orthodox folk (if memory serves) perform the ritual differently from Catholics, and so might be overtaken by the urge to tell you that you are doing it wrong.

So, it's all downside, no upside. I'd make a nice little nod of approval, and move on.

As to why you do not see both, I don't know how much of somebody's home you get to see. I personally would be unsurprised to see a star in the living room, and maybe more personal decorations, including religious ones, in more private spaces.

Best wishes.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Can you explain what you mean by star people? (the cross is pretty obvious)

Are you referring to the star of David?

thanks.

No it's a five pointed star. Not the six pointed star of david.

I did forget to mention the star of david people. The star of david people also have a mini metal torah on thier front door frame. Can someone clue me into the significance of that?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

Two inverse triangles. When king Soloman was practicing magic, a summoned demon was 'locked' into a triangle pattern that was laid out on the floor. Two inverse triangle patterns make it doubly strong.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

No worries Achi, before my bat mitzvah, my hebrew was worse than crap lol.. Right into adulthood, but it peaked my interest in all ancient semetic languages,along with geology and physics... Ironically learning fluent aramaic/hebrew peaked my interest in physics lol... Because it is a numerical language, and once you have that down pat, arabic, phoenician, proto phoenician is easy lol.... x

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Frankly, both symbols can be found from our place. While I don't consider myself a believer (I am an empiricist), I can relate on both of those symbols, and on that what they represent in their basis (cross is not Christian invention, it is adopted to represent it).

That didn't help much one'd guess. But it has now been said, maybe you can get something out of it.

-v

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

... but you will have a Christmas tree?

Are you familiar with the concept of a cult object, like the Asherah Tree mentioned in the Tanakh or the history of the Yule tree?

...Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.

They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
Jeremiah 10:2-4

Isn't it interesting how the vast majority of peole have christmas trees in thier houses. Beleivers and non-beleivers alike.

Pushing christmas on the population has to be an intentional push to indoctrinate people into some sort of unifiying belief. December 21st is the winter solstice and lots of pagans worship the winter solstice. So moving the birth of chirst so that it converged with the pagan winter solstice had to be intentional. Combine gift giving (The worship of material goods - play upon thier natural greed) into the tradition increases the number of people who are attracted to the same converging belief system.

So who are the puppet masters?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We haven't even talked about the other groups of people.

ie.

THe elephant statue people
The squiggly line and crescent moon people
The white temple people
The military tradionalist people
The chatholic church people
The american traditionalist people
THe fat man statue people
The black statue people
The chaotic no belief don't care people
The box people
The drug addict people
The lunitics

etc

It's absoultly facinating how the stuff on thier walls and inside thier homes corresponds to how they think and act. It's like they all go to the same school to learn what to say and how to act.

There are more groups.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

There are more groups.

Of course! We mustn't forget the "waving kitty" group. ^_^

img63.imageshack.us/img63/2527/kittyw.jpg

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

There are more groups.

Of course! We mustn't forget the "waving kitty" group. ^_^

img63.imageshack.us/img63/2527/kittyw.jpg

The cat ladies.

For real.

LOL

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

you've obviously never spoken to me.

Now you have seen both in 1 space

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

What about the no electricity, lots holes in walls, empty booze bottles everywhere, baby crying kind of people? I do not think they are getting fair repusentation here.

As a side note like 99% of the threads here in CiR this one has nothing to do with conspiracy but what makes this one different is that this one has nothing to do with religion. What in the hell is it doing here?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

... this one has nothing to do with religion. What in the hell is it doing here?

You can't be serious.

The idols that one worships within ones own house represents ones beliefs.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I am serious. This is a summation of the post.
" many people's houses and some have nautical stars and some have crosses neither have both.I don't get it guise! Plz help me understand this MUST be a Conspiracy in Religion"

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

I am serious. This is a summation of the post.
" many people's houses and some have nautical stars and some have crosses neither have both.I don't get it guise! Plz help me understand this MUST be a Conspiracy in Religion"

You misquote me.

The exact quote is this ...

I see lots of households with nautical stars hanging on the wall. I also see lots of people with crosses hanging on thier wall. Almost never have I seen a star person or a cross person display both symbols in thier house. It seems to be an either or situation.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You see the cross people hate the star people because the star people can prove them wrong. It makes the cross people really angry even though most of them are in too much denial to even realize they are angry. Do you understand what I'm getting at?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

you've obviously never spoken to me.

Now you have seen both in 1 space

Spinal does your avatar have a meaning?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
You see the cross people hate the star people because the star people can prove them wrong. It makes the cross people really angry even though most of them are in too much denial to even realize they are angry. Do you understand what I'm getting at?

I'm sorry I was never indoctrinated. I'm still trying to understand both sides of the argument.

So which ones are the athiests?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

I'm sorry I was never indoctrinated. I'm still trying to understand both sides of the argument.

So which ones are the athiests?

They are the invisible pink unicorn of course
2nd line (sorry)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join