It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star people vrs Cross people?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
For the life of me I'm perplexed.

I have been in thousands and thousands of peoples homes. I see how you all live, how you all act and what you claim to believe or not believe. I see all religions, races, economic groups and educational backgrounds. (Disclaimer: I want you to understand that I'll take anyones money. It's all green to me. Everyone gets the same quality of service based upon the dollar amount they paid.)

I see lots of households with nautical stars hanging on the wall. I also see lots of people with crosses hanging on thier wall. Almost never have I seen a star person or a cross person display both symbols in thier house. It seems to be an either or situation. One thing I have noticed, is that in star people homes the woman seems to be the leader. While in cross people homes the man seems to the leader. This isn't always the case but it holds true most times.

I've been dieing to ask this question for awhile now, I just haven't gotton around to it. What do these two groups of people believe?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed8e73d9a9bc.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2857f39d9fe2.jpg[/atsimg]

Can anyone help me understand this phenomenon?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Can you explain what you mean by star people? (the cross is pretty obvious)

Are you referring to the star of David?

thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Can you explain what you mean by star people? (the cross is pretty obvious)

Are you referring to the star of David?

thanks.

No it's a five pointed star. Not the six pointed star of david.

I did forget to mention the star of david people. The star of david people also have a mini metal torah on thier front door frame. Can someone clue me into the significance of that?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ac5af4724dd.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
not sure if i can help you understand it...

but both symbols originally started with the cosmos.

what they believe or not, is most likely just an illusion.
like most everything else. with a few exceptions. lol

essentially , both symbols represent the same thing...

the divine. (not sure bout the cross tho)

but it did originate from the stars.

truly i cannot be sure though. lol

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Just need to point out that early Christians also used the pentagram as symbolizing Jesus. The cross symbol didn't become prevalent till centuries later.

The cross itself also has alot of meaning outside Christianity, for instance the Egyptian Ankh, the wheeled crosses of the Norse and various Native American tribes, and the Swastika of the Dharmic faiths.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

The star of david people also have a mini metal torah on thier front door frame. Can someone clue me into the significance of that?

It's a mezuzah.

Short answer: it's a symbolic reference to the biblical plagues of egypt when an angel went around killing the firstborn child of every egyptian. The jews marked their doors with lambs blood to let the angel know to pass by their homes unharmed.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
... various Native American tribes

I forgot about the Kachina doll people. I'm not sure if there is an unrepresenative sampling of Kachina doll people or not, in my observations, becuase I live in the southwest.

It's really facinating how people fall into catagories. Based upon the idols in thier homes they seem to believe the same things.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/637b73916b75.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

The star of david people also have a mini metal torah on thier front door frame. Can someone clue me into the significance of that?

It's a mezuzah.

Short answer: it's a symbolic reference to the biblical plagues of egypt when an angel went around killing the firstborn child of every egyptian. The jews marked their doors with lambs blood to let the angel know to pass by their homes unharmed.

If I touch it and make the sign of the cross (As in catholic holy water ritual) as I walk in or comment on it and quote something out of the old testement will I be more likely to make a sale?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Im a messianic jew, and i will not have any pentigram 5 pointed stars in my house, including a christmas tree, nor will i have a cross or wear a crucifix because G-d said not to... Thou shall not have engraven images... A lot of people wear crucifixes as almost a luck symbol.. The evangelicals will wear just a simple cross but catholics will wear one with Yeshua on it.. But Yeshua is no longer on the cross, and the cross is not as important as the One who was on it, so thus He is my focus, and i will not crucify Him again, nor look to the cross, but to the One who was on it....

Five pointed stars are used for occultic purposes... Which is why i wonder about the US flag, and the symbols on the dollar.. It makes me wonder who runs the US, and the so-called free world...

[edit on 023131p://f10Sunday by Selahobed]

[edit on 033131p://f54Sunday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

If I touch it and make the sign of the cross (As in catholic holy water ritual) as I walk in or comment on it and quote something out of the old testement will I be more likely to make a sale?

...I would guess it would be more likely to get you yelled at in yiddish. If you want to play that angle I suppose you might try picking up an accent and learning some self-deprecating humor. That might help.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
hi selahobed..

in regards to your last comment,
yes,
for some of us.. we do not even have to wonder about who runs the US and "free world"... we know... and yes, they are very deep into the occult, or hidden side of things.

Blessings

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Five pointed stars are used for occultic purposes

Yes, but their occult purpose is primarily one of protection and containment. Avoiding pentagrams because of their occult significance would be much like avoiding ski masks because killers wear them.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

Five pointed stars are used for occultic purposes... Which is why i wonder about the US flag, and the symbols on the dollar.. It makes me wonder who runs the US, and the so-called free world...

Sela maybe you can tell me the difference between these two stars?

Is there a difference or are they the same?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d531fc99f28.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/273f8916ee2f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Well, under the 5 pointed stars and stripes, no other country ever has killed sooo many people, and they did it openly without ski masks.... And my country follwed suit.. But beffore that we were the main killers on the planet with our crucifixes, untill your stars took over.... Its almost as if that for our success, a huge blood sacrifice was needed??? I know i sound nuts, but its 8.30am here and i have been up all night gossiping with my girlies who crashed at mine, however i hope im making a sort of sense lol

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

the only difference is that one is inverted.. They both have the same symbology on them. The symbols are iconic in terms of judeo christianity, with the arc of the coverneant etc, however placed in a pentigram, they become an abomination, and a mockery to G-ds commandment which says "thou shall not have engraven images," thus the symbols are contrary to G-ds Word.... We are not to place our hopes in symbols but in g-d, and symbols take us away from that and breaks G-ds commandements...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

the only difference is that one is inverted.. They both have the same symbology on them.

I'm not sure on the symbology.

However I will point out that the inverted star has a sword through the crown, while the upturned star is just a crown.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Is there a difference or are they the same?

Their orientation is different. Some associate an inverted star with the devil. The two upward facing points are supposed to represent horns. Also, one is enclosed in a circle, which makes it a pentacle. Common language tends to make no distinction, but some magical systems associate a five pointed star enclosed in a circle with the idea of fruition and realization, while a five pointed star enclosed in a pentagon would be an abjurative structure intended to keeping something in or out. For example, a demon might be summoned within a pentagram to keep it from getting out, whereas something like the ace of pentacles in a tarot deck might be asociated with tremendous prosperity.

To do justice to the symbols you'd have to examine all the components, not just the fact that they have stars in them. For example, while both feature cups, candlesticks and crowns, the second symbol also clearly depicts "blind justice," an eagle, a trefoil flower pattern, etc. All these individual componets have meaning.

If the topic interests you, you might spend some time reading about heraldry.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

However I will point out that the inverted star has a sword through the crown, while the upturned star is just a crown.

...I would describe the star with two points upward as inverted rather than the one with two points downward, but the depiction makes sense. The crown is usually a symbol of legitmacy of command. For the symbol with the inverted star (two devil horns pointed upward) to have that legitimacy skewered by a sword seems very consistent.

Incidentally, what organization is that first image the symbol of? The overall message of the symbol appears to be "the devil's in charge now, and through knowledge, he will acquire wealth and power."

It is, of couse, also somewhat interesting that the letters inside the interior pentagon spell out "FATAL."

[edit on 20-12-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

...I would describe the star with two points upward as inverted rather than the one with two points downward, but the depiction makes sense. The crown is usually a symbol of legitmacy of command. For the symbol with the inverted star (two devil horns pointed upward) to have that legitimacy skewered by a sword seems very appropriate.

Perhaps one is control and the other is opposition to control (Chaos)

Or one is the figurehead ruler while the other is the real power which is the hidden ruler.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Or one is the figurehead ruler while the other is the real power which is hidden ruler.

That could be the intent, yes. I notice that the general orientation of the interior pentagon is the same in both symbols, even though the natural orientation would be reversed because the stars are reversed. The "true heart" of both is the same.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by LordBucket]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join