It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Yard Warns London of Possible Mumbai-Style Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yes they are, do not lie, tourists are being harrassed daily by the Met and London Police for taking photographs, people are being arrested for innocently filming landmarks, they are being classed as suspicious when they are doing nothing wrong. Journalists are now being harassed also. Going to extremes dont you think. The polie are using these laws to arrest anyone, it is disgusting that they are abusing thier powers.

You contine to pull the wool over your eyes stu, while the rest of us can see whats really going on.

The quicker, we the citizens in this country, get our civil liberties back the better. I cannot wait till this present Government is booted out once and for all.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Laurauk]

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Lol @ this recent warning. Because carrying round explosives along with sub-machine guns and Ammo is something you can "casually" do in London without being noticed.

Actually the major concern is the river, all sorts of boats mill up and down the Thames all day every day... Hardly and of them are checked.

Very very easy to get a large amount of weapons, ammo and explosives right into the heart of London... Hell they could do it so casually they could be eating sandwiches and waving at the other pleasure boats until they got to where they wanted - then all they do is disembark and cause chaos and probably fight to the death while being surrounded by large numbers of civilians and workers.

So it is a very viable plan actually - people have brought some interesting things up the Thames before - once they caught a group of scuba divers bringing in a massive amount of drugs packaged up to be neutrally buoyant, just dragging it on the incoming tide - apparently they had been doing that for years and still would be if there wasn't a tip off
- Hell you could probably sail a nuke to right out side the houses of parliament...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I agree. A fairly major attack could be launched from the Thames with ease, compared to trying to do it from inside the city.

No Cameras, No Nosey Public, no Police.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by Now_Then

I agree. A fairly major attack could be launched from the Thames with ease, compared to trying to do it from inside the city.

No Cameras, No Nosey Public, no Police.

You do know there are cameras which watch over the Thames right?

Oh and also Police Boat Patrols

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Laura, do you read what people post or jump straight in with a knee jerk reaction all the time?

I said that the Law's are quite clear and not extreme, it's the Police going beyond the letter of the Law and relying on peoples ignorance to get away with it.

I don't have any wool over my eyes and probably know my rights a damned site better than you. It's always those who don't actually know the Law and their rights that are the first to bitch about apparently losing them...

Please, prove me wrong. But if you read the Legislation your bitching about, it does NOT give the Police powers to stop anyone taking photo's of anything bar military installations or unless they have a good reason to suspect terrorism.

It also does NOT make it illegal to take photo's of the Police themselves, yet they seem to think it does and rely on ignorance to get away with it.

In fact, the Met and other forces have just issued guidance to their bobbies informing them of the above, as it would seem that many got over zealous with it and acted illegally.

You have read the legislation, haven't you? You're not just knee jerking off media reports, are you?

EDIT: In fact, this month, the Association of Chief Police Officers issued a warning to police chiefs to stop using Section 44 powers to target photographers, whether tourists, amateurs or professionals, stating that the practice was "unacceptable".

[edit on 20/12/09 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yes, fair enough, but it would not be that effective IMHO.

It would be fairly easy to fill a boat full of explosives and sail on round to the city and launch an attack.

Im sure the Police do not check many of the boats there, and there can on ly be so many cameras.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Let's not forget we do not have police with out of date pistols or rifles like the Mumbai police. We have HIGHLY trained , highly skilled and excellent equipped counter-units who will take out these murderous bastards.

You are aware that the majority (over 90%) of UK police are unarmed right? Only Authorized Firearms Officers are trained and allowed to carry firearms period. Yeah, the Indian Police are also normally unarmed but every officer is qualified in the use of firearms and they do have enough to issue each officer with a pistol or rifle should it be needed.

Good luck waiting for the British Army to come save the day ...

Erm yes because i live in the UK. But unlike Mumbai, if ever an incident where to occur in London then i'm pretty sure an armed response would take less than fifteen to twenty minutes - rather than six or seven hours.

Also we have better communication, strategies, weapons, facilities and ways of safe guarding ourselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think a few people on here seem to have a bizarre opinion of life in the UK.

First and foremost, if i was to walk down any street in the Uk armed with any kind of weapon, i expect it would take less than ten-fifteen minutes before i'd be confronted by an armed response unit.

I have never said we have armed police patrolling the streets, but that does not mean highly trained individuals are not on stand by at every minute of the day.

Many of our armed response units are ex-military, highly trained and professional.

Secondly, although passive, the UK public are strong willed and very willing to support each other in a time of crisis. Just look at the rather naff attempt in Glasgow were two muslim men tried to cause havoc outside the airport.

If i remember rightly, one of the muslims burned to death and the other got a severe kicking from a baggage handler.

We will NOT tolerate such extremism.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

you mean Mr John Smeaton (the Glaswegian Baggage Handler) - National Hero!!

***BAD LANGUAGE ALERT***

and the man himself -

[edit on 20-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
haha yes that's the chap.

Great song by the way...

Methinks the Uk is full of John Smeatons,we will not be beaten.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The Mumbai attack was a huge false flag.

The first thing the government forces did was assassinate the counter-terrorism boss who was tracking the build-up to it,
- such as Mossad funding training camps where Indians could learn to impersonate Pakistanis and carry out attacks with the help of the police.

So it's obvious Scotland Yard is warning England of a new False Flag ...

Sorry, Brits you recovered too fast from the train/bus bombings, so they have to give you another dose of their medicine. You should have been more like the Americans after 9/11, cowering obediently in fear of terrorists all over the world hating their society and wanting to take away its freedoms.

Who will be the "perps" this time? Pakistanis again? Iraqis? Iran?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well a false flag attack is still one thing, and that's an attack - and plus it would be an almost certain suicide mission for the 'perps' so some people must feel strongly enough to do it.

I think it's a little easy to use the term 'false flag' for every attack and potential attack - we are involved in some pretty heavy things, not to mention the way we followed the US in to war so closely - were not exactly the global blue eyed boys you know, there are those who genuinely do want to strike us of their own (probably brain washed) accord.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It puzzles me that The Times, a usually responsible newspaper, has reported London's inability to react to a Mumbai style attack.

They've basically told any terrorists planning such an attack that you're on the right track - it'll go well !

Perhaps The times justifies this expose of a UK weak point with the need for it to be said, in order to fix it. Surely the security forces don't need reminding (and in terms of False Flags, then this whole thread is moot).

Alternatively, perhaps this is an invitation to terrorists, for one of two reasons: for the same reason TPTB might want to create a False Flag event.... Or, because the security forces believe that this is actually the type of attack they could deal best with, and so hope to tempt terrorists into such an attack as opposed to bombings.

Point is, it's strange that The Times would run such a story unsanctioned.

EDIT: by the way, regarding the Glasgow airport attack, comparing Glaswegians to Londoners is daft - may as well compare the French to the German's. Funny how Scotland is part of England only when it suits the English. Londoners would run for cover - mostly because there is no such thing as a Londoner anymore and certainly no solidarity. It's now an overcrowded, intimidating, cut-throat place that every other city in the world can look forward to ultimately becoming. Rant over.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by McGinty]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Notice that the article says there are worries about the SAS arriving in time from their barracks in Regent's Park. Arriving where exactly? It seems like they know what's going to happen. Is this the old 'asking our permission' thing before they make a sacrifice.

If I lived in London I would make sure I knew how to defend myself. I know they would be armed but you can do at least something to increase your chances of survival.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

well like the news snippet said...theyve gatherd information from conversations they monitor over the internet and other means of communication...and it works by monitoring certain words or phrases...basically there has been an increase in certain threatening words or phrases that suggest a certain type of attack....this is how they know so much about it to give you as much detail as they have done...im sure if they were planning to attack us themselves they wouldnt have warned us...but like i said...its quite clear where they get their info and why they show such detail...i dont see conspiracy here...i see general warning and attempts to protect the public

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Thank's for your comment and i fully agree with you on the intelegence branch being in The Republic of Ireland in guise of civilans, i'm halve Irish County Claire. I fully agree with the liberation of ireland from foring invaders.

But i was just stating that sending troops in to any country where the people of that nation does not want you there will only cause more problems and add decades to any peace deal.

Good luck for the future buddy.

Long live to all people who call for peace.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Mumbai attacks got lots of coverage and made a strong impact with muslim extremists martyring those that did the attacks.
The UK is flooded with muslims who hate this country (yep, even those that was born here) that would love to be martyred as heroes and brainwashed with their religion into thinking a bunch of virgins and paradise await those that kill in the name of mohammed/allah/invisibleflyingmonkeyfish.
Best target to get attention is London (hence 7/7) and it means they would be attacking the heart of the UK.
Lots of psychotic brainwashed muslims here where I am right now (Leeds) that would take the opportunity to do the deeds, even more in Bradford next door.
It's no surprise that captain obvious of Scotland Yard has put 2 and 2 together and presented a report marked 'obvious' as his 'work', Christmas bonus money for old rope report.

To the OP, I think your over analysing what is simply some jobs-worth bobby stating an obvious fact based on common sense and basic odds.

To put it another way, he isn't stating he has reason to believe this is in the works, just that its a high possibility, nothing we don't already know, well done Mr super intelligent detective at Scotland yard for stating the obvious, such a difficult job you have.

Hey, I will save someone in the CIA the same problem, the chances of a Mumbai style attack happening in Washington is moderate, you don't have insane numbers of muslims there like we do so yours is only a moderate chance.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This has got me thinking about terror warnings around xmas time now... I know there is usually one each year, I think a comprehensive list of all the threats just around xmas time over the years would be an interesting read, maybe a good thread - but I have a little bit more shopping to do and a lot of tidying up! Any one else want to take that idea and do something with it?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magpie82n
reply to post by grantbeed

I live in London and this is nothing new. We had decades of terroism in London and the whole of the UK from the IRA. When bombs was going of all over England and London, but the one thing we never done or could have done was wage war against all catholic people or nations. We never even sent one soldier to the Republic of Ireland, why because it would have made 1000s more terrorists and kept the war going for years and years more, and remember the war between the Irish and England lasted for 400 years.
Now a few Muslim Terrorists attack the US and Great Britain and we punish evey 1.5 Billion muslims because of a few. Now this is blatent hypocrosy and and counter productive for the USA and GB.

I hope scotland yard is wrong "as it is on so many occasions" and this does not happen, but if it does we need to keep the moral high ground, because if we don't, then we have already lost everything that is great about our two nations.

One love people.

This is not a case of right or wrong. They know it's going to happen because they are part of it's planning more than likely. Just like 7/7 when MI5/MI6 orchestrated the london bombings then blamed it on the muslims just to create a terrorist atmosphere for the public of Britain.

It's a bull. Create a fear of Terror and you can control even more!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well Christmas came and went without an attack on London. Lets see if New Year brigns anything. Of course i hope it doesn't but i guess we'll see and if it doesn't then we can put this down to three reasons.

1. there never were any terrorists and the media are a bunch of morons blowing it out of proportion.

2. Scotland yard, in conjuction with our intelligence services wanted to put people on alert so that they would report any and all suspicious behavior.

3. There was an attempted attack and it was foiled by our intelligence services. In which case we probably won't hear about it because as the old saying goes "the public hear about our failures but not our successes".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join