It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Yard Warns London of Possible Mumbai-Style Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Scotland Yard Warns London of Possible Mumbai-Style Attack

www.foxnews.com

Scotland Yard has warned businesses in London to expect a Mumbai-style attack on the capital.

The detective said companies should anticipate a shooting and hostage-taking raid “involving a small number of gunmen with handguns and improvised explosive devices

Officials now report an increase in “intelligence chatter” — communications captured by electronic eavesdropping agencies. One senior security adviser said the police warnings had intensified and become much more specific over the past two weeks
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Pretty Scary warning here on Fox News. I find it interesting that the story is so detailed too.

sounds like they know exactly whats going to happen, but maybe their unsure of exactly when.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I read read this sort of thing, I just think of 911, and how the Government are really in the know behind the scenes.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It is always good to have as much information as possible. I was looking at it as one of three things could happen now.
nothing,
people could be caught who the powers that be say were going to perform the attacks.
the attacks will happen.
So what I would ask is how might you react, or what would you think if any of the above mentioned would happen?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wonder if there will be a simultaneous "training exercise preparing for just this thing" at the exact time, like the other terrorist attacks...Seems they know a lot already

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If the Yard has gone as far as to issue a public warning as such that goes to tell me they do not have enough to necessarily know whom or where these operatives are. They were more than likely just monitoring transmissions probably given to them by the NSA or MI. Might need to supe up the MP5 carrying police in the capital. I hope it doesn't happen and it is aborted, good luck to all, hope everyone stays safe.Edit to add:

Earlier this year, police, military and intelligence services held an exercise in Kent to see whether they could defeat a commando raid in London by terrorists.

According to the Times Online they reached a conclusion that they could not stop an attack of this type. Kind of makes me wonder...

[edit on 20-12-2009 by djvexd]

[edit on 20-12-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hmmm Aren't we in Afghanistan supposedly to prevent this sort of thing?
Whatever - I'm not sure how this information helps the public. Are we not supposed to go out then? We may look over our shoulder a tad more. But we all know anyway that this sort of thing always happens to someone else

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well, the swine flu threat seems to be calming down.
I'm waiting for the next north american fear-tactic. I know I should be afraid, but at this point I'm not sure what to be afraid of.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Thanks for the info,it is appreciated as i dont think this story will get much airtime as we all know the economy is more important.
As for being able to stop an attack of this type it would pose a problem as who knows where they would attack?Nightclubs,shopping centres,even Trafalgar square (as i noticed the report states January).
Lets just hope that by this report those planners will know that we are onto them and think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
According to the Times Online they reached a conclusion that they could not stop an attack of this type. Kind of makes me wonder...

Makes me wonder also - I mean to public ally say this is our weakness? I know there are a lot of variables with defending against a commando style assault up the Thames - but we would defiantly be better equipped to deal with it than Mumbai was... And it would make the special forces / security guys look real good if they swung in from helicopters and stopped something like that right in the middle of London - of course refreshing the fear in the public at the same time...

It all seems a bit specific really. maybe even courting the idea by pointing out how 'easy' it would be...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I live in London and this is nothing new. We had decades of terroism in London and the whole of the UK from the IRA. When bombs was going of all over England and London, but the one thing we never done or could have done was wage war against all catholic people or nations. We never even sent one soldier to the Republic of Ireland, why because it would have made 1000s more terrorists and kept the war going for years and years more, and remember the war between the Irish and England lasted for 400 years.
Now a few Muslim Terrorists attack the US and Great Britain and we punish evey 1.5 Billion muslims because of a few. Now this is blatent hypocrosy and and counter productive for the USA and GB.

I hope scotland yard is wrong "as it is on so many occasions" and this does not happen, but if it does we need to keep the moral high ground, because if we don't, then we have already lost everything that is great about our two nations.

One love people.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

my last reply was not dirrected at grantbeed

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I'm wondering if it isn't a taunt to the operatives to maybe nudge them to get a little overconfident and sloppy. I just don't know why something like that, the"we can't repel that kind of attack", would be stated publically in a news publication. In the past MI and the Yard have had a pretty good control on it's media releases. I can't get past thinking this is a goad.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Bet you anything you like that if it does happen it will somehow be linked to Iran

It would help prepare the right mind-set in the British public for any possible future war with Iran.

[edit on 20/12/2009 by Dagar]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi,
sometimes I think these stories are put out deliberately not because there is a real threat, but to keep the fear alive.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

I really really wish that was true,but there are people who do want to cause harm.
This guy right here had plans and was sentenced last week to 7 years.
Would-be terrorist who had positively revelled in violence, death and destruction
Edit to add that this was one of the plotters from earlier this year who stated on a website that he planned to kill Gordon Brown.I believe he was the only one sentenced.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by tracey ace]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
Hi,
sometimes I think these stories are put out deliberately not because there is a real threat, but to keep the fear alive.

I agree. This seems similar to the threat level being raised with vague warnings almost every Christmas or around security related or war funding congressional votes during the Bush administration.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Let's not forget we do not have police with out of date pistols or rifles like the Mumbai police.
We have HIGHLY trained , highly skilled and excellent equipped counter-units who will take out these murderous bastards.

Pray it doesn't happen, because any kind of Islamic attack over Christmas would possibly (and sadly) lead the way to extreme retaliation against the muslim communities of the UK.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I wonder how they know such explicit details? Yet they do not have the means to capture these evil doers prior to their supposed terrorist attack. This sounds like they are announcing new "False Flag Terror Attacks" for London. I have no doubt there will be many false flag attacks coming, to the US and England.

And the dumbed down idiotic mind controlled TV addicted sheeple will believe anything their TV tells them.

Look for the TSHTF scenario beginning very soon, to include false flag terror attacks as well as a financial collapse, a dollar collapse and forced inoculations.

Time is short, better prepare NOW!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What is interesting is a total lack of this story in the British press, nothing visible at the BBC even the Telegraph has nothing on it on the home page.

You would think seeing as Scotland Yard is a British institution and this threat specifically references possible attacks in the UK it would be getting UK press coverage?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I get the feeling they are doing this, to justify thier strict terrorism laws on people/ tourists taking film footage, photographs in London or anywhere else in the Country.

Any see something odd about this?

I am not saying that the intellegience is false or the threat. But with the recent responce from the Head of the Met Police with regards to police harassing photographers, journalists, tourists, as well as UK Citizens. One does think they are using this to justfiy what they are doing.

False Ops anyone?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Laurauk]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join