It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangers Of Cooked Food Can No Longer Be Ignored

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
For sure we don't live on food, we live on energy and the energy is in the raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and sprouted grains. Poisons are in everything, it is a matter of degree. Meats aka animal corpses are always dead.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gstrange42

How do you cook pork for 3 days in cider..

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Appreciate the info,but its MISLEADING. The rationale applies to FRIED but not BOILED foods. Slow Cooking/Boiling/Stewing foods is not CARCINOGENIC to Meat.

On the other hand, Fried/Grilled MEATS are very POISONOUS!

Its a good reason that we SPECIES Cook our food--its SAFER that way! lol! Its one of the main reasons we learned to control fire: to HEAT food, i.e., Meat. Many indigenous cultures are still eating/preparing food the same way: Slow Cooking/Boiling it. This makes the meat even more nutritious. Plus, they can drink the BROTH from the Bones for added bonus. Perfect way to consume meat. Even many vegetables should not be eaten raw (despite what the Vegan GATEKEEPERS tell ya, ex: Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts)--otherwise, you stand to be poisoned or malnourished.

YOU QUOTE:
"If most people were actually aware of what really happens internally when they eat cooked food over a period of time, you probably wouldnt even want to touch, see, taste or smell anything that has been cooked ever again. You would probably rather starve to death than eat cooked matter."(end quote).

This fits eating many RAW FOODS in just as many ways.

The best way to eat is not ONE SIZE FITS ALL--the best way to eat is what works for you and keeps YOU Healthy. If one concentrates on keeping the food as NUTRIENT-dense as possible--the quality of the food will take care of itself and you! And sometimes COOKING cum BOILING is the perfect way to accomplish that.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Konspiracy Brotha]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I see quite a few people mentioning organic as being better then standard food. I strongly suggest you do a bit of research into what is allowed to be labeled as organic. I am also curious why you feel organic food is better then normal food.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
I see quite a few people mentioning organic as being better then standard food. I strongly suggest you do a bit of research into what is allowed to be labeled as organic. I am also curious why you feel organic food is better then normal food.

Organic is always(for the most part) better then conventional regardless of the organic pesticides and herbicides used, the artificial ones are usually worse. Getting local "no-spray" produce is the best, i encourage anyone and everyone to seek out farmers markets and only buy from local farmers. The food is always much tastier and you actually get to meet the people who grow your food, I won't touch the stuff at the supermarket(except for maybe the occasional banana) the quality is always abysmal

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
Organic is always(for the most part) better then conventional regardless of the organic pesticides and herbicides used, the artificial ones are usually worse. Getting local "no-spray" produce is the best, i encourage anyone and everyone to seek out farmers markets and only buy from local farmers. The food is always much tastier and you actually get to meet the people who grow your food, I won't touch the stuff at the supermarket(except for maybe the occasional banana) the quality is always abysmal

Some interesting points. However, there are a few counter points to your arguments.

1) Organic pesticides are signifcantly more dangerous than the man-made ones. However, this was not the case 30 years ago.
2) Although I am a big supporter of small business (and small farms would qualify as this), unfortunately, there are none in my area.
3) Blind taste tests haven't proven organic food tastes better - in fact, it shows the opposite.
4) I agree with you on the supermarket issue, at least with regards to the major chains. I have recently found a smaller chain and have been quite impressed with their produce and meat sections.

Link to the video (original show is what brought this to my attention):
* Penn & Teller Clips

Now, I will acknowledge that Penn & Teller are extremely biased at times. Heck, they admit that fully. But, their episode did cause me to do some additional research.

* Organic food ‘no healthier’ blow
*A Comparison of the utritional Value, Sensory Qualities, and Food Safety of Organically and Conventionally Produced Foods
* Is organic food better for you?

So far, the pro-organic sites I have found appear to be extremely biased and several facts are wrong (Example - organic means no pesticides ever). I am suggesting that research needs to be done.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

You've eaten cooked food your whole life without researching it. Why conduct such extensive research before going raw. I like your reasoning.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
while i do agree with some of the points you made, and consider them truths, some dont hold too much truth i tihnk.
i totally agree a raw veggie diet is ftw, im a vegetarian myself, but cooking food doesnt destroy its nutirents and vitamins and minerals, well, doesnt destroy all of them, amybe some.

This. We've been eating cooked food for thousands of years, but we the world hasn't starved to death, so I assume that we get something from our food.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Dang, I've apparently been fooling my own body all of these years. I never get sick, I've never had the flu, and despite the constant blood work and uralisis I've had done, I'm in text-book health. I've never had a flu shot either. (I get the above done bi-monthly because I'm paranoid)

My great grandfather died at 98, my great grandmother at 102, my grandmother and grandfather are dead but because of nothing to do with food.

On special occasions such as thanks giving or Easter, we have my great grandfathers favorite food - eggs and bacon, but the eggs have to be cooked int he bacon grease.

Disclaimer: I grew up on a farm, every thing we ate was from that farm whether it be cows, geese, turkeys, chickens, potato's peas or carrots, but unfortunately, it was all cooked. My family is quite large, each having 8+ children with each of those children having 8+ with the exception of us grand children, and we're all pretty damn healthy.

I eat my steaks medium rare, and sushi isn't my thing. If I die early because of what I eat - dammit, I had fun getting there.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Also, I'm Scandinavian, and Ludafisk was soaked in lye, and a lot of people eat that, uncooked.

I'm not a big fan of eating things that they put in drain cleaner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join