It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When are we considered terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have just uno question? When are citizens considered-----

disodent's?

When they disagree with the war?
When they do not agree with our inferiority complex they have set up for us?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You are (or at least should be) consider a Terrorist when ..

You threat to overthrow the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT

When you talk(about)/conspire to kill the president when you don't like his POLICIES/BILLS/COLOR OF SKIN..

When you tell your fellow RIGHT-WINGERS to get their guns and prepare for "CIVIL WAR" ..

ETC, ETC .. you get my point ..

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Unfortunately, although we can postulate the answer, the true answer comes when our efforts are most needed. As a past, emphasize past, member of the USG, I can say that the common man will not know until it is too late....

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The war on terror is an excuse to expand the nanny state (as cheered on by the conservatives, aint that a laugh.) and occupy the middle east with large, permanent military bases.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
By the patriot act II you are a terrorist , that is - you will be treated like one, even if you have not done anything wrong - all US citizens are to undergo the same invasive procedure of trading freedom for security.

I put forward the notion that, regardless of 'when you become a terrorist' is irrelevant when -all citizens are treated like them .

At the very least, don't expect to be able to say - 'but i'm not a terrorist' - even if you can prove you are not - you can and will still be subjected to unconstitutional arrest, most of the time when people are stopped under Anti-Terrorism and prosecuted, it is for unrelated criminal offences.

I've witnessed this , it's quite dodgy at best. Just my 2 cents, I didn't ever like patriot act, and it shows, but seriously who cares when you are 'considered' to be a terrorist - when the acts them-self consider all citizens to be treated one of the same??

huge contradiction right there IMO!

Abductee

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If you're a Christian, if you're a Veteran, If you post here, If you express any views, if you home school your kids, if you are on the Internet too long, if you believe in the Constitution of the United States, if you have a cell phone, if you have a landline at home, if you go to the corner store, if you legally own a gun, if you frequent the 7-11
then chances are you ARE a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
your a terrorist when TPTB decide you are... simple as that. simply a term to mindf*ck the ignorant populace to scare them into submission..

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

disodent's?

You are terrorists when you begin joining groups that kill the innocent for political or cultural purposes. If your protesting and if you are vocal, you are not a terrorist in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Care to exound on that? Not sure what you meant.

link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You're right on it...according to Homeland Security and how they profile folks, if you are what you said and more, like a fundementalist Christian that owns a gun and believes in the Constitution and the second coming of Christ.... you are a terrorist. Hey, we could go on the road and do the Blue Collar Terrorist Tour... "You might be a terrorist if....."

link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
If you're a Christian, if you're a Veteran, If you post here, If you express any views, if you home school your kids, if you are on the Internet too long, if you believe in the Constitution of the United States,

I'll add to that... if your a liberal that supports reformist policies, if you are critical of the bulk of NWO conspiracies out there, if you disagree with conservatism, if you dont want christmas to be a requirement of all americans, if your a muslim. Basically, to some segments, the terrorist will always be the one with the opposing view, and both sides will play victim to the false assumption that their terrorist.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Otherwise, these frat brats wouldn't wear Che t-shirts and lap up the communist manifesto like it was cheap beer.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
When are we considered terrorists?

I think that a large part of the world sees us as terrorists right now. We are becoming (if not already there) the very thing we have been fighting.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Come on now,

When you use violence or threat of violence to achieve political/religious goals, outside the normal channels of political activism or process.

Of course terror baiting is a great way for a government to suppress/marginalize, demonize groups or reform, sort of like Red Baiting which I know you understand very well as I do.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
You are terrorists when you begin joining groups that kill the innocent for political or cultural purposes.

Request: Define innocent.

To be more specific, where would treasonous elected officials fit in based on how you define innocent.

edit: to be clear, questions and discussion for intellectual discussion only and not meant to elude or suggest any violence against any person, be them treasonous elected officials or otherwise.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Wolf321]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The french resistance were also considered terrorists.. defending their homeland... but that was to the germans.

It seems to me who's teh terrosist can only be determined by which side you're on.

Given that agendas and governments are divided on so much, why this is difficult for many to understand I don't know - because you genuinely feel that you're side is 'right' for killing an equal or greater number of people?

The nature of winning a war is loss physically, surely the only battle won is mental.

Mental indeed.
teehee

Abductee

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

disodent's?

The answer is the same as it has ALWAYS been - when the actions of citizens or citizen groups threaten the vested interests (ultimately almost always financial) of the dominant groups in power.

Politics is all about money and recourses, ideology is just a convenient cover and rallying point.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
you post here so chances are your already on the black list. to the gov. of the good old USofA a terrorist is anyone who doesn't stand in line and follow all orders.anyone who questions what they do is ether called a terrorist or a nut job.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Terrorist use to be a label for only the top persons involved in mass civilian killing events. Then it was used when a large number of soldiers were attacked or killed while at rest in a non-combat situation. Now, it's beginning to be used as a label for people accused of criminal acts defined by the Patriot acts and it's counterparts around the world.

The only thing I like about the word "Terrorist" is that they are abusing it so much by it's over use that eventually it's meaning will be watered down to morph into anyone who refuses be a sheeple. So, one day your neighbors might call you a "terrorist" and it might just be a compliment meaning you stand up for yourself and the neighborhood against the greedy evil ones behind the machine that wants to enslave you.

How many checkpoints a day where you're detained, harassed, ridiculed & taxed for not being in compliance will you put up with before you say stop, screw off you friggin blood sucking parasite - then they will label you a terrorist.

Yes, no doubt just coming to ATS moves you up on the list of who they grab in the early rounds of DHS re-education camps.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

That's an easy question to answer. It began with the Trading With the Enemy Act,
(Chapter 106 of the War Powers Act of 1917)
www.conservativeusa.org...

A major legislative change occurred in 1977 with the return of the TWEA to its status as a legal authority to be used only in wartime. Congress was concerned that presidents had invoked "national emergency" powers too easily from 1933 through the 1970s. Despite these congressional concerns, however, the existing uses of the TWEA were continued until September 14, 1978. Under the amended statute, these uses could be extended for successive one-year periods by presidential determination and in fact have been routinely extended on a yearly basis.

www.answers.com...

As long as America is in a state of war, the emergency powers are held by the president, and folks, we the people are the enemy here, make no mistake about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join