It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome list of mysterious events!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

I don't think it was being suggested that the map-makers flew anywhere ... just that the maps were in excess of 10,000yrs old ... as icecore samples show that, that was the last time the Antarctic was ice-free (as depicted in the Piri Reis map.

Woody

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I agree,I think any debunkers should start with the Piri Reis Map

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

I don't think it was being suggested that the map-makers flew anywhere ... just that the maps were in excess of 10,000yrs old ... as icecore samples show that, that was the last time the Antarctic was ice-free (as depicted in the Piri Reis map.

Woody

If it wasnt being suggested then why was it stated? Especially when virtually every map in existence is from the same view?

And yes, I have seen people say that it had to be an aerial view before.

While I do consider the map a real anomaly there is no reason to state "birds eye view" because it does suggest on the face of the comment that it was made from the air.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

These things can't be explained with any religion so please, spare me and everybody else.

Very interesting facts to say the least, thanks for bringing them to attention. I recognized a few but some I've never heard of

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

That's a good point.see if you get a picture of a map from a mans eye point of view;

Sky
horizon
earth

But I see locohombre's point, how did man 10'000 years ago get a "birds eye" pov?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

That's a good point.see if you get a picture of a map from a mans eye point of view;

Sky
horizon
earth

But I see locohombre's point, how did man 10'000 years ago get a "birds eye" pov?

This map is ~500 years old not 10k.

How did we get a satellite view of Earth for globes long before satellites were invented?

Simple....they are drawn that way, otherwise it would only be a map to the horizon (drawn from mans vantage point) and it wouldnt be a map at all.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Looks like SA to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Lets go in circles.The map may be 500 years old but the last time the continent that it depicts was ice free and able to be maped was 10,000 years ago.Please don't make us go over the common knowledge over and over.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well, I'm sorry you seem to have taken this one particular point to heart ... but in an effort to stay on topic and not derail the thread ... maybe you'd like to share your opinion of the Piri Re'is map apparently showing the Antarctic during an ice-free period.

And at the risk of repeating myself (so as not to be misunderstood - deliberately or otherwise), we know the last time the Antarctic was ice-free was before or around 10.000yrs ago as a result of the analysis carried-out on the ice-core samples taken during the Byrd expedition.

Woody.

Edit to add; I'm assuming that you are aware of the practice used by most old map makers ... who made many of their maps by taking parts of even older maps and joining them together (you don't need to take my word for this it is historical common knowledge ... but feel free to find your own confirmations).

Hence the various maps used to make-up the Piri Re'is map were considered ancient even then.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by woodwytch]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I think this is what you may be referring to

Comparing this find with today's footwear we can conceptualize a certain degree of sophistication in a civilization that may have existed as long as 600 million years ago. The true implications of this finding are definitely hard to comprehend.

link

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Nice link, thank you for contributing positively to the thread.I know one of the articles in my other thread had a shoe sole that was double stitched

The real surprise about the age-old heel imprint, however, did not come until micro-photographs revealed that the leather had been stitched by a double row of stitches, the twists of the threads is very discernable. One line followed along the heel's outer edge, and the second line paralleled the first precisely, inwards by one-third of an inch. What baffled investigators was the fact that this double-stitching had been done with thread much smaller, and more refined in workmanship, than that used by shoe-makers in 1927, when the fossil print was discovered. As Mr. Samuel Hubbard, Honorary Curator of Archaeology of the Oakland Museum in California, commented: "There are whole races of primitive men on earth today, utterly incapable of sewing that moccasin. What becomes of the Darwinian theory in the face of this evidence that there were intelligent men on earth millions of years before apes were supposed to have evolved?"

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yeah, there's a ton of these kinds of findings that clearly show that "civilizations" are very old. I also believe that carbon dating is likely inaccurate because I believe that the Golden age had more vitality and a slower rate of decay then the Silver Age. The Silver slower then the Bronze, the Bronze slower than the Iron. The an object found to be from an earlier age may in fact be much older than estimated based on today's rate of decay.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I remember reading about a shoe print that was found and dated to be thousands of years old but the problem was it was made by a modern day work boot. I have tried to find something on the net about it but as yet have not. Maybe some one else can back me up on this. The past is full of such things that are hidden for us.

Have any of you heard about the Walking Trees in South American culture. I've been trying to find info about it but I haven't had luck. The reason is that on this forum we where talking about Pumu Punku some months back and how these massive blocks could have been moved and one poster made comment about an indian legend of walking trees. We see Baalbeck and the pyramids and the other megalithic structures around the world built by extremely large stone (like the thousand ton block in Baalbeck). What if some time long ago either alien or early super civilization on the planet used anamorphic machines to do the heavy lifting. Remember we have been trying to figure out the technology for this for years. Imagine using a 10 foot or 20 foot machine that walked on 2 legs and others with 4 legs to move the large blocks from the quarry and then have them place these blocks in place after being worked on. One may be able to lift a 3 to 5 ton block itself and for a real large block have 2 to 5 machines lift it into place. Also there has been alot of information being hidden in the US of things being found that shouldn't be on this continent.

Things that where described and also Egyptian writing in the Grand Canyon, etc. etc.. I'll talk about another theory of mine on the other thread, and this theory is that we may be a colony that forgot it's origins.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I love it! I love reading about these kinds of finds. s&f from me!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I believe that global warming, whether naturally occurring or from mankind, attributes to both sides of the spectrum - hot & cold weather.

I just woke up today to about ~6-8inches of snow. I live outside of Philadelphia and the past few years we've barley gotten any snow before Christmas. In fact I remember when I was younger I always wanted it to snow on Christmas day but it never would, I think it happened only a couple times and we're talking many years ago.

Even after the snow that would come in January we would have spouts of good weather here and there. I'm talking one day 22 degrees Fahrenheit the next day 45-52 degrees. That is quite a large jump and I've been noticing this jumping effect to be getting more sporadic the last few years even during the fall months of the year. Just a couple months ago during this past fall season we would have days that went up to 70-80degrees which would maybe last 48-72hrs then drop back down to 40's no problem. I'm no weather expert nor do I study global warming, but I don't think it takes an expert to tell that that is a bit odd.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Help me out here guys..........

(09 Jun) At Morrisonville, Illinois, a length of chain is found when a large lump of coal is broken open.

At Thomas, Oklahoma, two employees of the Municipal Electric Plant use a sledge to break up a chunk of coal too large for the furnace. An iron pot topples out from the center of the lump, leaving an impression in the coal. The coal had been mined near Wilberton, Oklahoma.

If something is found inside coal, doesnt that mean it's over 200 MILLION years old!?

S&F...nice find.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just guessing-
but maybe the reason they state it has a bird eye view is b/c the piri reis map shows inland features, that were thought to be inaccessible to explorers at the time?

on a side note- It is interesting to think there were crazy bands of travellers all over the globe mapping it out so long ago. Life must of been so much different!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

genius/idiot:

At Heavener, Atlas Almon Mathis, working in coal mine No.5, two miles north of Heavener, Oklahoma is sent to one of the lower levels, reputed to be almost two miles deep. After blasting an outcropping of coal loose, he came upon several concrete blocks blown loose from the wall. The blocks are 12" cubes, smooth and polished on the outside. When the walls cave in, he discovers a whole section of wall made up of these blocks. About 100 to 150 yards further down the shaft, another miner strikes the same wall, or one very similar. Upon hearing of the discovery, the mining officials pulled the miners out of the wing, and forbade the miners to speak of their discovery. The mine was closed in the fall of 1928, and the crew was sent to Kentucky. There is a rumor of a similar occurrence in mine No.24 in Wilberton, Oklahoma in or about 1926.
--------------------------------------------------------------

My Great Grandfather (and several others)was killed in a mine explosion near there in 1930. Many were trapped.He survived for a few days and died in hospital. It was in Lutie, OK.

THIRTEEN MINERS KILLED IN BLAST AT LUTIE, OKLA.

FOUR OTHERS INJURED IN GAS EXPLOSION IN HALL-OLA MINE.

RESCUE CREWS TEAR AWAY FALLEN EARTH.

SIXTY MEN IN SHAFT AT TIME OF ACCIDENT; 17 ARE TRAPPED.

Lutie, Okla., Nov. 29. (U.P.) -- Rescue workers reported late today that thirteen miners were killed and four injured in a gas explosion at the Hali-Ola Coal Company's No. 5 mine.
The victims were found in the eleventh entry of the mine, 1800 feet under ground.
The chamber had been wrecked by a terrific blast. It was filled with black damp.
Word was sent to the McAlester Fuel Company at McAlester, the firm owning the mine, setting the dead at 13 and the injured at four.
This accounted for the 17 men at work in the chamber.

Lutie, Okla., Nov. 29. (U.P.) -- An explosion, believed caused by ignited gas, wrecked the entrance and passage-ways of the Hali-Ola Coal Company's mine near here late today. It was believed at least 17 men were entombed.
Rescue crewds[sic] raced to the scene on motor cars, when news of the accident reached Wilburton, two miles away.
Miners trained to meet such emergencies tore away fallen earth and descended slowly into the shaft. They shouted back that the explosion was not considered severe enough to cause death by impact and that they hoped to liberate the trapped men.
Sixty In Mine.

The Anniston Star Alabama 1930-11-30

Listing Of Fatalities In The Lutie Mine Disaster From:
The Latimer County News Oklahoma 1930-12-05

L. B. BOYD, brought out of mine alive, died in Hartshorne Hospital.
LON SWINDLE, brought out of mine alive, died in Hartshorne Hospital.
(my grtgrnd father)

A. L. (BUD) SNOW, 44, Center Point, wife and one child.
J. H. McMAHAN, 29, wife and four children.
AUGUST MAUER, 53, Red Oak, single.
G. W. PADEN, 38, wife and four children.
J. W. WILBURN, 44, Wilburton, wife and two children.
L. B. BOYD, 22, single.
MIKE MASKASKY, 46, Lutie, wife and three children.
TONY BUSSELATTO, 49, Lutie, wife and three children.
PETE BUSSELATTO, (son of TONY), 20, single.
LOUIS ZOIA, 62, wife and five children.
JOSEPH GUERRA, 51, Lutie, wife and eight children.
RAYMOND SUTMILLER, 18, Lutie, single.
ROY EVERETT PATE, 20, Lutie, single.
CAL EVANS, 38, Lutie, wife and four children.
LON C. SWINDELL, 38, Lutie, wife and two children. (martha hollenbach swindell, omar c., and Betty)

wonder if there was any connection?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by felonius]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm reading through this list and I think it is a possibility that 90% of these are just simply made up.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thank you. I just started reading this post, but I was grinding my teeth waiting for someone to point this out.

The point of stating that the map is drawn from a birds eye view is that, if humans aren't able to reach the interior of these regions, how did they map their physical features?

For god's sake nobody suggested that humans had to fly to make the map.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Where can I find more information on the ship that was found in Galveston, Texas? I live about 10 mins. north of there and would love to do some exploring if the ship has not been moved. (Im pretty sure it has, but worth asking about.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join