It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyewitness Confirms: D.C. Cop Freaks Out Over Snowball Fight–Brandishes Gun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Eyewitness Confirms: D.C. Cop Freaks Out Over Snowball Fight–Brandishes Gun

www.washingtoncitypaper.com...

According to an eyewitness, a D.C. Police detective (pictured above w/ gun) went nuts after kids pelted his Hummer with snowballs at 14th and U Streets NW this afternoon. The veteran detective got out of his car and eventually grabbed for his gun, displaying it to the crowd. He did not immediately identify himself as a police officer. He calmed down once his fellow uniformed cop arrived. Apparently, someone called 911 to report a man with gun. The snowball fight had been well hyped on twitter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A veteran detective pulls his piece during a snowball fight?
Somehow I think there is much more to this story than we are being told. Such as the LEO was probably hammered on booze when he feaked out. I can understand how stress must take its toll on LEOs but isn't there some sort of training in discrimination of real danger vs. a snowball fight and the appropriate response?

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
They killed the story, it's pretty obvious the cop could have been high as a kite.

Reminds me of a scene in Apocalypse Now where the boat gunner on a river freaks out upon coming under a barrage of play arrows fired by kids and starts shooting at them before being killed by a real arrow.

Edit to add they fixed 404 on their end.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
that is sad when cops pull out guns during a snowball fight apparently someone forgot what it was like to be a kid.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
[edit on 19-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Actually Washington D.C. got hammered today with up to two feet of snow in some spots.

Having lived for a couple of brief spells in the Washington D.C. Metro area I can say a few things from experience.

One snow is really cold and wet!

Two most people in Washington D.C. do not know how to drive on and in the snow. So even for an experienced driver in a Hummer nerves would be frayed just worrying about who might stupidly run into you because of their poor driving.

Three snow is really cold and wet!

Four driving during a heavy snow storm when roads are nearly impassible (weather reports bear this out today in the area, I have it under good authority ambulances were actually skidding off the roads!) and then having kids further hamper your visability by throwing snowballs at your moving vehicle creates an even more dangerous situation that could lead to an accident.

Five snow is really cold and wet!

Six today's kids are not innocent, well mannered, common sense oriented, intelligent, user friendly or cute and under no circumstances should be allowed to breed EVER.

Seven snow is really cold and wet!

Eight normally I would be against the man as I really love being against the man, but lets face it since the man doesn't let us beat our kids any more our kids are even worse than the man!

Nine snow is really cold and wet!

I think in this particular case the police detective would have been in his rights to shoot and kill or at least maim every kid involved because....

Snow is really cold and wet!

[edit on 19/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Must have been out of taser range......

Or maybe hes the guy that has his personal car dressed up so it could be used for real duty also...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have no idea how credible this "witness" is, considering the witness states in the article he was on his way to watch a snowball fight...i.e. he was part of the whole thing, not some third party UNBIASED citizen. Anyway, when I was a kid, YES we had snowball fights, MANY of them, but guess what, WE DIDN'T THROW SNOWBALLS at $30,000 vehicles someone works their ass off to pay for!!!!

If he did take out his weapon, IF he took it out, I can't imagine why. Can he justify getting out and grabbing the idiots throwing snowballs at his hummer, hell yes! I won't say he did or didn't pull his pistol, I wasn't there, but this source and "witness" don't seem like they are to worried about FACTS! And funny how they overlook possibly damaging someone's vehicle...they state it in their article like.."whats the big deal"

I wonder how many of them would of been willing to pay for any damage done to the hummer???? And I am originally from the north, trust me, you pack snow hard enough for GOOD snowballs and they WILL do damage!

EDIT TO ADD: Watching the youtube video of the aftermath, these aren't all kids, MANY are mid to late teenagers, and should be smart enough to NOT throw anything at a strangers vehicle....

[edit on 12/19/2009 by rcwj1975]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

**** that, bull****. That cop should have called the White House and instituted an Executive Order!

How dare the people enjoy themselves!

How dare the children play!

I think anything short of a Thermonuclear response should be heralded as being a weak response.

THIS BROUGHT TO YOU BY-THE ASSHATS OF WASHINGTON DC

Where oh where are our brains

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I got to see another video with a longer take. The detective admits he pulled his weapon because he was being hit with snowballs. Now I will be the first to say, I definitly DO NOT agree with him on pulling his weapon, that was stupid, but still DO NOT support these rejects throwing snowballs at his hummer.

Bottom line, let the vehicles pass, and continue your SB fight...

By the way, for those saying or who will say dumb stuff like how dare they stop them from having fun, stop them from playing, stop them from this or that....HELLO...NO ONE cares they are having a snowball fight, but they do care when someones personal property is in jeapordy of being damaged!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here's the link to the story.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
oh that's good let's wave a gun around and not even announce we're a cop. Glad I don't live there

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

There are pictures of the cop with his gun out at the scene.

It obviously was a bunch of snowball terrorists firing frozen weapons of mass destruction at the cop. He therefore had no choice but to unholster his sidearm and confront the terrorists.

One cop that truly needs some time off.

[edit on 12/19/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

There are pictures of the cop with his gun out at the scene.

It obviously was a bunch of snowball terrorists firing frozen weapons of mass destruction at the cop. He therefore had no choice but to unholster his sidearm and confront the terrorists.

One cop that truly needs some time off.

[edit on 12/19/2009 by whatukno]

you definitely got that one on the money

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Looks like a real good time till the cop pulled his gun... Was he being serious? Is there any footage of him actually brandishing it? Seems like a bit of a jerkisk move, snowballs should't of bothered a big guy like that - our snowball fights we had as kids got much worse than that, usually someone got pinned down and there clothes were filled up with snow
Or there is the infamous and twisted dog crapola snowball - that has been known to cause blindness...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Whatukno you missed my second post! I stated that I say the video ending and he admits to it. I can't understand why he did it, I don't agree with it at all...but lets NOT overlook the mindset of the teens either.

Cop: Wrong for pulling out his weapon

People: Wrong for actually thinking its ok to peg someones vehicle with snowballs as they drive by

There is plenty of fun to be had during snowball fights but it blows my mind how many people OVERLOOK the hummer getting pelted....imagine YOUR $20 or $30 thousand dollar car you pay $500 a month for getting hit as you drive...sorry but you would be pissed too..

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
They killed the story, it's pretty obvious the cop could have been high as a kite.

Reminds me of a scene in Apocalypse Now where the boat gunner on a river freaks out upon coming under a barrage of play arrows fired by kids and starts shooting at them before being killed by a real arrow.

Edit to add they fixed 404 on their end.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by star in a jar]

story is still there. the link im seeing on teh site her eis malformed:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Why are ppl not looking at this the other way..
He was off duty=same as every other citizen

If anyone else had done this "not an off duty cop" would it be an issue?
No we would be jailed, for if nothing else brandishing a firearm.

He should get no differentt treatment than the citizens he pratrols!

Yes I understand property damage, No its not right to hurt his hummer.

link   
The Right Tool For The Job

He should have pulled out one of these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7bdfff9eb36.jpg[/atsimg]

That'll show those meddling kids!

link   

Pissed yes, but not enough to pull a gun on people for doing it. I am not a cop but I am pretty sure that pulling your gun on people for throwing snowballs is a bit over the top.

Yea, I would have gotten out of the car and yelled at them. But pulling a gun?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join