It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be seeing these Snowstorms if Global Warming was Real?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I call BS on all this non-sense. If the models were correct then the northern areas of the globe should be having warmer than they have been now.

What is being observed compared to what the "science" says does not match. In fact they just released a report a little while ago explaining how the unexpected colder winters we are going through is due to "natural causes". So pretty much what they are saying is if it gets colder it is due to natural causes and when it gets warmer it is because man caused it.

Nothing but a fallacy. The climate is going through a natural cycle and the globe is starting to get cooler. It has nothing to do with abnormal fluctuations.

You saved me typing.

The psychology of MMGW/MMCC goes that all BAD things to happen to the planet must be attributed to MMGW/MMCC, but anything GOOD that happens, just report it, and do not mention MMGW/MMCC at all.

There are several parts of the world currently experiencing RECORD lows, and they just say "it's cold", but as soon as tigers start attacking people (because the people moved into the lions territory) they started reported it as CLIMATE CHANGE (BBC News 24, 2 nights ago).

The sad part is people can not see through the BS.

On top of all this, let us not forget we are in the middle of the quietest sun for over 300 years.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
two ft. nonsense, obvoiusly big pussy, never lived in harsh climes.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
There are several parts of the world currently experiencing RECORD lows, and they just say "it's cold", but as soon as tigers start attacking people (because the people moved into the lions territory) they started reported it as CLIMATE CHANGE (BBC News 24, 2 nights ago).

Regardless of being man made or not, I never understood why people ignore (or do not understand) the global in global warming.

As far as I understand it, it means that the whole Earth is getting warmer, so lower local temperatures are compensated by higher local temperatures in other areas, and the difference between the warmer and the average is higher than the difference between the colder and the average, so the average temperature is higher, even if some areas are having record lows.

Also, those record lows may be just temporary and for a whole year the average is really getting higher.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

It is called El Nino, which is expected to last until 2010.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Global warming used to be an interesting topic. But now it just bores me.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join