It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq masses troops on Iran border amid oil well row

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Let me guess ...

When this is all said and done we will have seen the US give the Iraq government WOMD to defend its self and counter balance Iran .

Seems a bit strange , if that does happen seeing as how we went in there to remove there none existent WOMD when in fact we just may have went to war with Iraq in order to arm them .

That is a truly brilliant and logical deduction that I have been waiting to see if someone would draw.

Now how about taking it one over that we not only invaded them to arm them to use against Iran, but...we invaded them to punish them for NOT WINNING when we had them fight Iran in 1980!

They really do intend to return the Shah's son to the Peacock Throne and after the Middle East Wars are over likely have the new Shah rule over a consolidated India, Pakistan, Kashmir and Afghanistan under Persia as one of the Thirteen Districts of the New World Order One World Government.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

OK. I spoke out of turn. I'm not as informed as I think I am. Sorry about the 2012 tribulation thing.

[edit on 12/20/2009 by this_is_who_we_are]

[edit on 12/20/2009 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The Iranians departed. The Iraqi workers went back to work at the oil field, accompanied by some Iraqi troops.

The oil well in question, oil well #4 is about 50 meters from the border.

All those that got their panties in a bunch about it, can now relax. A world crisis of monumental proportions has been averted.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Iraq Says Iran Occupied a Border Oil Field - New York Times Posted on December 19, 2009 by tombarnes

In today's New York Times we find more information posted relative to the Iranian seizure of an Iraqi oil field in an article entitled Iraq Says Iran Occupied a Border Oil Field . Both nations are telling confusing stories that do not mesh. More to come I am sure.

www.veteranstoday.com...

Who knows what's really going on? One thing for sure, there is a lot at stake.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Iraq masses troops on Iran border amid oil well row

www.haaretz.com

Iraqi troops massed Saturday near an oil well on the border in a standoff with Iranian forces that seized control of the site in a sudden flare up of tension between the two uneasy neighbors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Can't wait... it'll be ironic if a US backed Iraq starts another Iran/Iran war.

This reminds me of a great question:

How many wars has Iran started in the last 100 years?

How many wars has the US started in the same time?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Obama gives Iran another year's grace for nuclear dialogue

www.debka.com...

The question is: Among you, who think an attack on Iran by Israel will be held within one mo,th or less as think Iran?

Between christmas and 1 january ?

Is there a discussion that deals with the Iranian news about this?

Jo, France

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I guess those oil wells are in highly disputed territory that both nations believe they own after the Iraq-Iran war of the 80's.

Why don't they just call Rand McNally?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well if you read the article from Debka today it says that Israel (or Netanyahu rather) has given the US another 6 months for diplomacy. Doesnt look like much of anything will be happening soon.

Originally posted by Sfogliatello

Obama gives Iran another year's grace for nuclear dialogue

www.debka.com...

The question is: Among you, who think an attack on Iran by Israel will be held within one mo,th or less as think Iran?

Between christmas and 1 january ?

Is there a discussion that deals with the Iranian news about this?

Jo, France

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join