It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army general in Iraq issues pregnancy ban

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

Is been a few cases and not so few to tell the truth of female soldiers using the "pregnancy issue" to avoid deployment.

Specially is been an increased of single mothers while in the military.

I know we humans are crafty when it comes to avoiding responsibilities, women in reproductive years as many of the military young woman that join the service can use the pregnancy issue very well.

BTW I disagree 100 % with what is been going on with military females and pregnancy, as I believe that pregnancy has not place in the war zone or any hostile place.

But sex is something that is unavoidable is going to happen plain and simple, the ways to avoid pregnancy is what has to be targeted this will be either received willingly or unwillingly by the recipients and as usual is always the human rights and religious right groups that find any excuse to bring their definition of righteousness regardless of the importance of the end issue, just to score one with society and their cause.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

First of all, let me apologize if I came across harsh. I also agree with you that the sex cannot be banned. I have the tendency to think that they still could care less if soldiers have sex, but that they are drawing a circle around the point. I see it as sort of a way to enforce the court martial of a pregnant women or an impregnating man in the case of conception. This way, the couple cannot say, "You allowed sex, and this was a natural consequence." Basically, if soldiers practice sound birth control, this is a non-issue. I am almost certain sex itself will not face punishment, at least not on any large scale. They might have a scapegoat or two. I think that the soldiers would have a legal defense for the pregnancy if sex was technically allowed. Sex begets pregnancy if done au naturale. This way, the soldiers will have no excuse, and they will not be able to shirk responsibility.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The question that must be asked...

How did these women get pregnant in a combat zone to begin with? Is that what military personnel should be doing during a war?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

You are not harsh, but truthful, is funny that sex will not be stop, after all it aways find a way, like I said be males or females.

Enforcing birth control is the question specially on single females. But why only females? because they are the ones that get pregnant, now how about chemical castration, well that will make a male soldiers less of a fighting man, right?

BTW I am having a time of my life, here, with how the military "thinks" they will fix the problem, but without targeting the cause.

They just going to leave it to the soldiers and just go after the pregnacies.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Mothers In Arms

- Breastfeeding in combat.

- Up-armored baby strollers.

- Separate canteens for baby formula.

- Cease-fires for nap time.

- Armored personnel carriers with baby seats.

- Kevlar diapers.

- Child-resistant hand grenades.

LOL. We might also add Court Martials for Crabby Kids, as all that crying will give your position away to the enemy.

Of course the solution is quite simple, I'm surprised no one has thought of it yet - mandatory wearing of chastity belts for the women soldiers.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
I guess woman are getting pregnant to get out of Iraq. Naughty, naughty!

yep, males are commiting suicide and females pregnant.

Strange news though.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have a very bad feeling that this rule will have unintended consequences.

If these women become pregnant and claim that they consented they receive a court martial.

However if they become pregnant and claim that they were raped they would be sent home on leave.

So if anyone does become pregnant they could (and are now incentivized) to lie and claim that they were raped.

As Marg6043 says people will still have sex. But now if any women becomes pregnant she could simply claim that she was raped by an unknown assailant and escape any punishment.

Example:

Married couple has sex and the wife becomes pregnant.

The couple realizes that telling the truth will mean court-martial and jail time for the both of them.

They both decide that lying is the safer option.

The wife lies claiming she was raped and returns home on leave.

No doubt in a few months the American media will report a startling rise in the number of "rapes" in the U.S. Army.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Studious]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I think it's very unrealistic to think that young adults in the prime of their sexuality, in a stressful situation are going to abstain; and in the heat of the moment use contraception.

Well,

Wonderful.

Just lovely.

These are the excuses that people are using to justify teen and pre-teen pregnancy. Now adults are too damn stupid for safe sex?

Adults in combat know better.

The children in this society have to grow up and the idiots have to stop enabling the children to never be responsible for anything.

Getting pregnant in combat zones is about as irresponsible as soldiers can get and there are that many more making excuses for them.

There has to be a point where we stop making excuses for the fact that people are acting like absolute morons when it comes to sex.

We've only killed 50 million or so babies since the seventies because of idiots who can't be bothered to use protection.

When do people actually grow up and turn into thinking human beings instead of horny little animals who can't think three minutes into the future?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
It has ALWAYS been agenst the general orders in Iraq to not have sex. HOWEVER no one has ever followed up on it and IT WAS NOT enforced against married couples, thats new.

Because it would be a bummer to use contraception, still get pregnant, and face a court martial.

the .3% threat that things like birth control poses to pregnancy is nothing more than human error

"oops, i forgot to take my pill"

"oops, the condom broke"

"umm, i wasn't wearing a condom, i thought you were on the pill!?"

takes two to tango. Takes two to be responsible.

But ultimately, if the woman knows she isnt on the pill, and knows the guy isnt wearing a condom....well...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

When do people actually grow up and turn into thinking human beings instead of horny little animals who can't think three minutes into the future?

Been human doesn't take away tthe fact that we are also mammals that belong in the animal kingdom, sex is means of reproduction but in humans is . . . you know "enjoyable".

So yes, we are human but also the animals of our species.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think that there is supposed to be a bit of clarity on this ruling. I think that it's intended to stop sex while in theater. Obviously a lady might get pregnant when on leave or in the states, but what is a soldier doing having sex while in theater? The combat zone isn't supposed to be a party. In my opinion once a soldier is deployed they cease to be human and become tools of the military.

I am sure that the military would agree with me. Sure tools need maintenance, (sleep, food, medical care) But sex is not a need. I think that this ban has more to do with stopping soldiers getting busy with each other and thus neglecting their duties than banning sex in the military altogether.

My opinion only, just how I am seeing this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join