It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REAL TWILIGHT ZONES

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Okay so we've all seen the twilight zone..

has any weird occurence's happened to you in the past that would could have made a twilight zone episode? ill give you my example.

My brother just bought a new film. the film was Basketball, now i was quite young around the time, maybe around 10ish i cant remember. Anyway i was really looking forward to watching this film as it looked really cool. It had been on table all day, however i wanted to wait for my brother to get home because i figured it would be better if we watched it together lol.

So my brother gets home except hes with his freind and decides to watch the film upstairs as i would b a bother to them both. Now.. you can imagine at the age of 10 i was very upset, i could have watched the film without him, i had been waiting to watch this film all day, and so threw the biggest damn tantrum you can imagine.

However my brother was persistant on watching the film in his bedroom, and so precided to do so.

now in a paddy i frew the remote across the room and it hit the wall, in doing so the channel changed to channel 89, and what was on channel 89?.. a black and white version of basketball :s... so while my brother was upstairs watching it on the video player at that time, i was downstairs watching it in black and white on channel 89.

now bareing in mind the two TVs were not linked in anyway. they wernt even in the same room. the TV had on been configured for channel 1-5 and channel 89 was jus a random channel number. This was before the time of sky. so how could that have been?..

when the film had finished i told my brother what had happened and he didnt believe me. i told him exactly what happened in the film and he assumed id seen it before he got home, he went upstairs and played the video again and i again turned to channel 89 and nothing came on.

WEIRD.. has anything like this happend to you or anyone you know of before?..

Let me know.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It was picking up sattalite signals through its antennae. it is known to happen. i have seen it happen in my house. where a bog standard 15 inch sony crt tv(with a little ariel sticking out the top), would pick up the men and motors channell in black and white.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

but this was on a video player not linked to my TV, as for the antena, ours is on the roof not the tele, i duno anything about how it was all linked up though

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by emayarsh

grahh!! ok lemme explain.

Your Tv is connected to your vcr, your ariel can be connected to your vcr/tv and recieve channels.

you can also connect tv to vcr via scart lead.and then plug in an ariel lead from the output on tv, to input on vcr. so you have a big loop.
this means you can recieve channels on tv AND though the vcr,(switch on vcr then change chanells on vcr remote)

The big outdoor ariel. can pick up stong siglas from other channels, and will show up on your tv. you can even tune it to look for them.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

oh, how dumb of me lol.

anyway.. anyone else got any story's?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

not dumb, you just didnt know.

i do find that it is an extraordinary coincidence though. I notice that these kinda of things happen alot when you are young.

heres a fun experiment though. try filming white noise. get a 3 hour vhs tape, pick a channel with no station tuned. and just leave it while you go somewhere else. you might find something very paranormal.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You mean stories of coincidence/common-phenomena-we-don't-know-about?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

i hope im not been gullable by saying this, but what happens if i did that? lol

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

i duno, i just thought it was freaky lol, wondered if anyone had any weird experiences like this other than the same old UFO stories and such.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
OMG thank goodness i don't have to make my OWN thread about this TWILIGHT ZONE EXPERIENCE!!!

thursday night. 10 pm. i was pretty wasted. my boyfriend was DD. we had just stopped and picked up the kids and i asked that we drive around a neighborhod so i could get some air before going home. it was really foggy and even though it was only 10 at night there was no one else on the roads. so we pull into the neighborhood and notice a car behind us. we hit a couple stop signs and then the car starts riding our a$$ so my boyfriend drove faster, thinking the car was just impatient. the car started flashing its brights at us. and then drives off. we are coasting through discussing how strange that was. when the car returns!
now...this car.
BRAND NEW LEXUS. absolutely black windows. NO plates, no plate frame, no papers, no registration, NOTHING. POSSIBLE explanations?! a serial killer car?! LOL

so this car follows us for about 10 minutes, we didn't even want to drive home because we didn't want him to follow us there! :/ FINALLY, we pulled over and parked and when he finds us again we are parked facing him as he is driving towards us HE SWERVES TO HIT US AND THEN SWERVES BACK RIGHT BEFORE HITTING US!!!! i'm effing wasted through all this, its unbelievable!

FINALLY, again, haha, we pull into the mall parking lot for some reason. and the car pulls in and parks close to us...maybe 10-20 feet away. my boyfriend gets out at this point and just stands outside the car.
the car sits for two minutes. and then drives off.

we never saw any person inside. we don't know anyone who COULD even own this car, let alone, one who would.

the next morning my boyfriend asked if i remembered and i said NO, because i thought it was a NIGHTMARE! he said that it felt like a dream at the time too, noting how foggy and desolate it was at only 10 pm. now, we live in sacramento and at 10 pm where we were driving, you see QUITE a lot of cars. pretty busy. it was like a horror movie clip.

anyone ever have anything like this?!?

[edit on 12/19/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

OH NOES! YOU DIDNT READ THE T&C...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
what the hells happend here? someone wanna update me as to why there are so many violations?

try not to get anotherone explaining

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have a feeling the posts from Britney Murphy have been removed because of the fact she died on Sunday... The post's possibly have something to do with that.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Have a weird story that pertains to this topic.

When I was younger, about 16 years old I was in my basement playing some video games on my PC. I came upstairs to get some food. I noticed my parents weren't home, which I thought was kind of weird as they usually informed me if they were going out. I looked around the house for them to see if they were just in their bedroom or something. They weren't around. I looked in the backyard to see if they were maybe enjoying the sunny saturday afternoon. No one out there. So I looked in the garage to see if their vehicles were gone, but they were still there. I found this highly strange. I ventured out the front door. I noticed there was nobody outside at all. This is very strange as my neighborhood is rather active on the weekends, especially during the summer. There's always kids out, cars driving by, people tending to their gardens or just walking their dogs. It was eerily silent, especially taking into account the cars from the freeway can be heard from my block. I walked down the street a while and still did not see anybody. I got kind of worried, it felt like I was the last person on earth. I ran back to my house and went inside. I remember sitting at my kitchen table wondering what might be going on when my mother walked out of the hallway leading to their bedroom. I asked her where she was and she said she was just cleaning her room. This was strange because I had definitely looked in there and no one was there. I asked her where my father was and she told me he was outside mowing the lawn. I went out and sure enough my father was emptying the grass bag from the lawn mower. The full sounds of the neighborhood returned, children playing, cars passing. The whole situation was very strange. I never mentioned it to anyone, but it's always freaked me out a bit to think about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join