It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the US is headed for a Civil War?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
There are only two possible reasons that I can see that could ever possibly divide ordinary Americans into two fiercely separate camps to start another civil war.

White versus black, or Democrat versus Republican.

Do you think that the Democrats will wear the Pink or the Mauve uniforms

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
With prior military experience, I still to this day hold to the oath
I have Taken. I for one have faith in the military as a whole to
stand true to that same oath.

I have yet to talk to a fellow vet. who does not feel the same way.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Are we heading for a civil war? I honestly don't know, but we are heading for something. The question to ask is will we be having another election? I mean look at what we have going on: We have the nation health scam the vast majority of Americans don't want it and have told our reps so but their not listening they're voting for it no matter what we say, almost like they don't fear being voted out. Think about it for a minute. Why would you vote something this big in if the majority of the people you represent don't want it, knowing you could be voted out. or will you?
Same goes for cap & trade I'll bet if national health goes though cap & trade'll go through even quicker.
Congress and the Senate are not listening to us with the exception of a very few.
But back to the original question. It could.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
It starts when they come for the guns... and may get really close if they should try to heavily censor the Internet... Rockefeller hates the Internet..the peons get too much information with it.

So does John Mccain III - business should be able to regulate it to fit their desires.

You tell me when they come for your guns, cause they have been coming for them for many decades now, must be a long drive...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

There are only two possible reasons that I can see that could ever possibly divide ordinary Americans into two fiercely separate camps to start another civil war.

Do you think that the Democrats will wear the Pink or the Mauve uniforms

The pink mother#^#$#%'s with hammer and the sickle, lead free bullets and organic MRU's.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Officially speaking, the first American Civil War was not really a "war." Congress did not declare war, but Lincoln was pressured into declaring martial law. The reason Congress did not officially declare war is because, by law, they couldn't in this particular situation. The Congressional Declaration of War must be acheived by quorum vote, but by the time a certain number of States had already left the Union, even forming a quorum was impossible. The remaining Congress could have merely discounted the States alreaady gone & re-calculated the number of representatives need to form a new quorum, but to do so would have meant that the Confederate States had a Right to leave in the first place.

And yet, according to the 10th Amendment:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

There is nothing anywhere else in the Constitution that the Federal Government must maintain the Union & nowhere else are the States forbidden to leave the Union...The Preamble mentions forming the Union, but nothing mentions maintaining it.

But to answer the question posed by the OP, I'd have to say, "God, I hope not, but fear that we will."

My "hope" in avoiding an actual Civil War is not an empty one...All it would take is for We the People to remove corrupted Officers from their posts without the use of violence. In essence, a massive Citizens' Arrest under the Due Process of Law. The Law that gives us that Ability for non-violent removal is Article 2, Section 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

My only question is whether or not numerous counts of Acting in Breech of Oath under Office would be High Crimes or Misdemeanors...The actual Constitutional violations committed (that would be coupled with Breech of Oath) would definitely be High Crimes, if not actual Treason.

The reason for my "fear" that it will take an actual war to remove them from Office is based on the tides of history...Those in Power will not peacefully relinquish that Power & it will take force to accomplish that.

Originally posted by Chance321
Are we heading for a civil war? I honestly don't know, but we are heading for something. The question to ask is will we be having another election?

It should be obvious by now that the election process is heavily corrupted & the federal "government" is full of nobody but criminal impostors to our government officials...Therefore, they aren't the government & elections are superfluous.

IMHO, if anyone votes for any "federal" office, it should be a resounding "No Confidence" across the board.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Removing corrupt officials by force, is NOT a civil war !!!

That is a revolution, a rebellion, or an insurrection against the government..

There is a vast difference.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

I am not under 25 and I have served honorably in the United States Navy. I am not only a graduate of political science at an accredited university in these United States, I have great experience in international relations(minor) with a concentration in African political systems. I have taught United States history at a college level and I am VERY eduacated in modern and historic military affairs. Do not place some arbitrary label on me because you do not agree with what I say, make your point and stick to it.

Do you think I am some child just because I do not quote buddies that were in the Navy with me, no, I use legitimate sources for ideas of what
MAY happen in the United States. This thread is full of conjecture, mine is at the least, based on history. Armed insurgency doesn't happen against the populous, it happens through it. If you would like to see investigate how armed insurgency can happen in the United States then look at the history of my great nation. Harpers Ferry, Fort Sumter were carried out in the United States by either citizens or soldiers. Only one person was hanged for their actions in both instances.

DO NOT mistake yourself and think I am against my United States. I have voted in every election since I was of age, I have served my country as an airman and an educator. I pay my taxes and pay my bills. I have pledged to die for the ideals that make MY nation great, not to die for the ideals of leaders in power. I would have taken any order in my day, but now I only abide by the Constitution of the United States of America or The Law of the Land, not by some momentarily elected official or their agenda. This is my right as a citizen of the United States.

Please watch me. I am the one you should be emulating.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Dookie Master]

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Dookie Master]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I just cannot ever see it happening like that.............

Well America is really over the whole Black/White thing, if it would have anything to do with colour it would be Americans against Mexicans. Americans are quite closed minded to others, trust me I know I live in the Deep South. But a Democrat virsus Republican thing is really off of the table too because most people aren't neither Democrat or Republican but are actually Independent, you might see some clashes with the Tea Party but not Democrat against Republican. Now in America we have a huge Income Inequality problem that has reached its' worste in our history this year so that is a big problem and our unemployment compensation only last around 70 weeks with the new extension and since alot of people were fired around December 2008 - March 2009 start to look for unemployed people getting really mad at the government and at the banks. People will want jobs, homes, food, money and they can't afford it when they're homeless. Here in Florida the maximum unemployment compensation per week is $240 and 1/8 people are on food stamps in my state and we will soon be doing a budget and we will have the I think 3rd worste budget gap in America around that of California. So you will see alot of state employees across America protesting, alot of young people who will want to get a job since they already spent all their money on college but can't get a job they will be protesting and rioting, alot of Americans will want foreigners to leave because they think foreigners lower the wages and take our jobs so they will be protesting, alot of unemployed people protesting for a job, the Tea Parties gaining alot more people along with a greater recognition of the Tea Parties by the MSM, alot of people buying weapons for armed conflict with the government. There will just be so many riots and protests and outrage there might as well be a civil war.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
reply to post by Dookie Master

Men and women under the age of 25 that are non military should not post on threads like this. You just do not have any idea what is happening in your country right now.

And as for private contractors trying to fight the citizens of the US, well, they had better bring an army of foreign SOF mercs willing to die for their employer.

"A US contractor operating on US soil in a war time campaign against US citizens will be committing HIGH TREASON and will be dealt with accordingly!"

Legally, any person "trying to fight" the citizens of the United States would be considered treasonous. No two ways to slice it; every person that could be sided with the rebels is guilty of HIGH TREASON.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yes there will be a civil war that will begin in the years between 2010-2015. Have heard this thru reliable remote viewing/occult sources. States will take sides in the cataclysmic coke/pepsi wars and lead to considerable loss of life on both sides. It will start with a 10 city suprise suitcase nuke attack by pepsi, followed by a submarine and bomber retaliation by coke. Millions will die. Aliens will intervene to save the mankind genetic experiment to stop the carnage. Only by alien intervention will the formulas be rewritten.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
It starts when they come for the guns... and may get really close if they should try to heavily censor the Internet... Rockefeller hates the Internet..the peons get too much information with it.

Not at all. Long before then, the situation will run out of control. Why? Because the UK is way further along the curve than the USA.

Sequence of events, the mechanics of a collapse into civil war by end of Summer 2010......

- UK Bonds will be rerated AA instead of AAA.
- Panic on the UK markets spread to the USA.
- 30% plunge in the Dow and FTSE.
- UK has difficulty financing Government
- Gordon Brown pushes the election back to way after his March 2010 Budget.
- Major pension funds and insurance companies start to collapse as a result of the massive collapse in the value of their bond assets and in their stockholdings in each other..
- UK borrows more at premium rates to shore up the collapsing pension funds.
- Finance dries up and major retail and industry companies start to fail.
- Mass protests turn ugly.
- Someone, somewhere kills a cop/protester, ugly scenes turn worse as this becomes a grudge match for protester and police alike.
- Emergency measures.
- Hyper-embittered protests, large scale arrests and crippling strikes.
- House of Lords sought to allow a constitutional override.
- Either House of Lords says yes and then there is major fighting in the streets or they say no.
- Either way, a neo-martial law is declared.
- Terrorist incidents start.
- Pleas for Tories and Liberals not to walk out of Parliament.
- Tories walk out of parliament.
- Tighter martial law and parliament closed and election suspended "just during the immediate crisis of the next week or two..
- Run on UK bonds and currency.
- IK bonds down grade to A
- 3rd June 2010 passes without election.
- Tory leaders arrest or silenced.
- Underground fighting starts, A couple of high level prominent assassinations occur.
- UK suspends debt interest.
- Panic on US markets.
- Bank collapses as UK bonds are now worthless.
...Transfering the catastrophy to the US
- Mass intervention by US Government to save pension funds and banks.
- US currency plummets.
- Mass protests as US citizens see the writing on the wall in the UK and realise that this is about to be them.
- Executive orders signed.
- Potential civil war spreads to USA.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Were all headed for the worst suffering ever imagined before a new age of prosperity as Jesus said "all these things must come to pass"

It is likely it will happen, remember the FIRST civil war? Agriculture economy and common sense for survival and some industry.

NOW, post industrial corporate/global society that is corporate run agriculture, people do not have agrarian knowledge or the land to grow food, higher populations...will be a human and genocidal disater, probably planned by the elites for mass depopulation.

My prediction:

Elites retreat to their cozy underground shelters which they got from bank bailout and heck, they own all the global corporations and national power structures.

1 Planned Civil War
2 foreign attack/troops after fighting starts
3 billions dead
4 NWO global government
5 Hell on earth

And thats an optimistic view from an optimist

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Oh forgot to add...potential triggers: Obama and world leaders announce a new global government, or UFO disclosure, or a new $$bailout$$ burden for America perhaps??

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kecochra

1 Planned Civil War

Just because someone has planned a civil war does not mean to say that it will happen that way.

As state above, I believe that a collapsing UK will super-accelerate the process int he USA and result in it well before the NWO has done all the preparations that it intended.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

This is the most staggeringly stupid and breathtakingly ignorant post I have ever read and shows an EXTREME lack of knowledge of your own country's history. The last civil war was not about Democrats and Republicans, but over slavery.

When everyone looses their jobs and all the pension funds collapse and the Government can't fund welfare any more, that is when fighting would start... when a starving people have nothing to loose and everything to gain and when events move so fast and the Governemetn is so dysfunctional that events outpace its ability to cope with them. Its what happend in the French Revolution and in Russian in 1917.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

This is the most staggeringly stupid and breathtakingly ignorant post I have ever read and shows an EXTREME lack of knowledge of your own country's history. The last civil war was not about Democrats and Republicans, but over slavery.

I disagree, I believe the civil war was NOT initially based upon slavery, I think it was economic, culture and power. If you read, slavery (freedom aspect) masked the economic considerations of the Southern aggression. However framing the conflict as a war against slavery occurred after the south had started to win popular support by European aristocrats, IF EUROPE recognized an independent south all the bullets in the world could not have countered the effects.

I think cultural beliefs split this nation as they did before, the mind of south never died...

They still support the "slavers" in the form of corporate LOVE.

xoxoxoxoxo

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
No. I have seen this question asked a number of times in a number of places for a number of years now. If it was gonna happen it would of happened by now. We are willing to tolerate evils as long as they are sufferable. As long as we remain happy and well fed I see no reason for their to be a civil war.

Many countries have it alot worse than us and they do not call for civil war. They are happy with what little they have... Here unruly folks get in a twist over small things like power outages and high gas prices. In places like Dominic they do not even enjoy electricity 24 hours a day but they do not call for civil war. They are grateful for what they have. As we should be.

Well I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that it is indeed possible for those in the Dominic to do MUCH better. The gap between rich and poor is increasing, however there is more money to be made than ever before.
The upper echelons of society have begun to agressively hoard the rights to water, food, and other natural resources. It is knowing this that makes some sort of revolution not just possible, but justified.
I'm not sure about the dominican education system or the availability of internet access there, but I'm confident that if the pyramid scheme that is earth was shown to them, and the information spread, they wouldn't sit there complacently KNOWING that the only reason they don't get more for what they do is some billionaire's bottom line might be affected.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I am not sure if we are heading for one or not. I feel like we should be, not so much like the first one, more like the people vs the government. However, in all reality, how many people in this country would be able to sustain a fight? A large percentage of this country is on some sort of medication that, if not taken would render them useless. (antidepressants, heart meds, blood pressure meds, adderall, etc, etc,etc). I am not on anything myself, but just about everyone I know is taking something for something. I have personally seen some go without due to hurricanes, and its not pretty. Useless is putting it midly. The pharmacuetical ball and chain. Literally.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The only way for us to fix our country, is to destroy it. I mean literally collapse the whole government and start fresh with a new form of government new posts new roles for the president and hopefully a prime minister so we can have more democracy in America and stop with this whole state thing. I believe that is the only way, so we won't have to pay of our debt either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join