It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area51 @ 2 meter resolution. Areas enhanced up to .25

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hi Folks,

I like to Google Area 51 occasionally, but I came across this particular website that had some recent 2 meter hi-res satellite images. Some were enhanced to .25 meters.

There appears to be some new buildings, hangers, and radio sites. Also a "Race Track" appears to the left of the base.

The photo's were copyrighted on the website, so I cannot embed the photo. But here is a link to the dreamland resort website containing the photos.

Area 51 Satellite Image, June 29, 2009
Source: DreamLand Resort

[edit on 19-12-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
[edit on 12/19/09 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Ah yes, I thought that image was really impressive. I wonder what the race track is for, pleasure or business? Looks a little short for anything high speed, but maybe they have something really maneuverable at high speeds. Anything is possible there I guess...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here's a direct link to the 2 meter resolution full image.

dlr.thexhunters.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
An excellent find, thanks for sharing

Interesting that a new track has been built, when you zoom in you can make out the two faint lines running down the intersection of the track dividing the lanes into three. Based on the layout one could speculate that it was designed to test speed.

I wonder if they are testing out a new alien 'hybrid' fuel type?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
dreamlandresort.com...

So who can tell me what the weird thing is in this picture? I am looking about 1/3 up from the bottom and 1/3 in from the right. I'd circle it and post it but its against the rules since it has a copyright.

S&F for the find OP.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freeradical

I believe what you are seeing is just artifacts from the jpg compression, there would be no point in segmenting the "raceway" into three lanes, see how the road surface is just a bit wider than any of the whitevans sitting beside the "track" - its barely big enough to drive a car around it. Why the odd size they are not exactly pushed for space around there!

However if you look on the far right corner there is a line ACROSS the road like a start finish line.

Something no one else seems to have noticed is the now obvious power/phone lines running just north of the "track"

Also obvious for the first time is large earth moving equipment such as these www.planete-tp.com... parked in the large dirt carpark to the south east - proving that they use earth bound machine to make thing

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am constantly impressed by the ingenuity of some of my fellow humans. Regardless of whether there is or isn't anything going on at A51, it's great that these folks manage to find a way `in'.

They must hear all sorts of interesting noises on their phones.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I thought that photos of this and/or any base was strictly forbidden.

And to top it off they have copyright protection of said base...

Yes I agree great pics, but my thoughts are why would anyone CR pics of that kind of material?
Would that not lable them the quilty party?

Not trying to derail anything, or be off topic....sorry

This just throws red flags IMO other wise why would they be allowed to post/reproduce them, unless it was pre-approved by "????"

Just makes me think its what we are supposed to see, not whats really there, or its time critical and there is nothing classified in the open.

End of rant
peace ty and sorry

ETA F+S

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
I thought that photos of this and/or any base was strictly forbidden.

And to top it off they have copyright protection of said base...

Yes I agree great pics, but my thoughts are why would anyone CR pics of that kind of material?

Hi Doc,

Peace... Ummm, as I understand it, any satellite can take pictures of the area as the air space in orbit isn't controlled or owned...

But, they cover up anything they don't want seen. There are well aware of the schedules the 'birds' fly and when they are overhead.

As for the copyright, as I understand it. Satellite time was purchased to take these. The funds came from donations to the site they are posted on.

So, I think it is understandable to CR the investment made for his site & users.

Thanks for the reply!!

Edit: No need to apologize. Good questions!

[edit on 19-12-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have always believed that Area 51 is nothing more than a distraction, I'm sure there is another facility somewhere that no one has ever looked in to, or they have but never made the connection, all the time people think area 51, is trying to hide something the more protection the other place would have, I heard it said on here the other day that google earth couldn't see area 51 any more, but its still there, even on the latest update, so anyone know if there are any areas on American soil that are blocked out or covered up that could be a main area of interest? just a thought. Nice shots though :0)

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The track is a running track. I found bids for similar construction for Nellis and Creech. Hey, you can get pretty flabby flying a UAV all day!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Use Google Earth to locate whatever is of interest, then post the coordinates. From that, we can either look there or on the newer albeit very low resolution imagery.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Use Google Earth to locate whatever is of interest, then post the coordinates. From that, we can either look there or on the newer albeit very low resolution imagery.

1/3 up from the bottom, 1/3 in from the right using the link I gave. Those are the coordinates. There is no way to miss it.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
The track is a running track. I found bids for similar construction for Nellis and Creech. Hey, you can get pretty flabby flying a UAV all day!

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you Gariac.

I thought it looked a little small for anything too fast....

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
1/3 up from the bottom, 1/3 in from the right using the link I gave. Those are the coordinates. There is no way to miss it.

Hi Watcher73

Hmmm, interesting. it has a way higher contrast than anything else in the photo. Like, lack of color... maybe missing spot or scratched out...

But, it has a well defined black outline... Maybe border came after from scanner? Not sure.

For a minute, I thought tarp in a tent shape... but I think the angle is wrong for that. Maybe a reflective tarp to spoil the camera shot.? (My roof turns everything around it blueish on GE)

It does give off a odd splash of color on one spot. I did hear they cover up 'stuff' when satellites are overhead.

And the 3 weird lights just off to it's left are strange. Seem out of place.

Its not on a runway, so I don't suspect a plane or such. It sorta looks off to the side amongst other debris.

Still, good eyes my friend. What do you think it might be?

Thanks,

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo5842
I have always believed that Area 51 is nothing more than a distraction, I'm sure there is another facility somewhere that no one has ever looked in to, or they have but never made the connection, all the time people think area 51, is trying to hide something the more protection the other place would have, I heard it said on here the other day that google earth couldn't see area 51 any more, but its still there, even on the latest update, so anyone know if there are any areas on American soil that are blocked out or covered up that could be a main area of interest? just a thought. Nice shots though :0)

Hi Neo5842, good questions & good point.

Yes. I have to agree with you about Area 51 being a possible distraction. After all, it is the most popular American secret base I know of, and I'm Canadian... I wonder where it ranks on the list of most popular tourist attractions...

I have heard Dulce mentioned as a possible secret base.

Thanks for the reply,

[edit on 20-12-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Any one have any ideas on what the Triangular shaped object might be?

155ft tall with 30ft wide sides .. Rotates on a center axis.

That's one hell of an antenna if that's what it is.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Been there, didn't see anything, that is why I asked for coordinates.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

Just a thought on the "Race Track". Area 51 is an Air Force Base. Even if it's secret, it's still one all the same.

Because Air Force personell are stationed there, they would have to have some kind of fitness track. They are required to take pt tests every 6 months. DOD regulations require that they be given on a paved surface.

Voila... a pt track.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join