It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Stepping Down (and Republicans, Too)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Get out while you can, and persue other career opportunities with special interests and lobbyists you have aided with your work in government policy and lawmaking?

That is something that riles me up. Shouldn't they be restricted by something similar to a 'no compete'? Of course, We The People can refuse to do business with companies and organizations who hire ex-politicians. I am with you in that many of them see the writing on the wall. Republicans shouldn't be feeling all cozy and secure, either. My preference would be for every incumbent to be fired (voted out). Unfortunately, they won't feel the same pain as so many Americans are, after Washington has devastated our economy.

reply to post by rainfall

There is a lot of difference between conservatives and liberals. Where there is no difference is between Republicans and Democrats. And neither will be getting a vote of mine.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
Yeah.....and.....you didn't answer the question....

Ok, specifics then.
For one thing, I'm not some literary prophet that gazes into a crystal ball to get a clear view of the future. I can tell you that history has proven that such control can only be maintained if they can control the flow of information...That is, the information itself & who has access to it.

I can also tell you about how that history relates to today. One thing is certain...There has never been a time in history when the individual person had access to such a worldwide source of instant communication available; The internet getting into public hands has set a whole new precedence.

Consider that so much information has gone through the internet since the public got it that they begin to realize that their lies are just indeed that...Lies. Greater numbers of people have been learning the truth to shatter their base of control on a daily basis.

Still, the majority of people still don't look at the flood of information & still have trouble recognizing their lies, but that number is diminishing rapidly. The best time-estimate I could possibly give you is "not very long, perhaps not even halfway through the next decade."

But they also know that their "house of cards" is crumbling & they have been making preparations at least since the Daddy Bush's time in office (early 1990's). They know something will have to happen soon. They've been really good over the course of human history at judging "mob psychology" & could keep it that way as long as they kept control of mass communications. The internet represents personal communications & they're not all that good for predicting the actions of individuals.

So, considering all of this, how long do you think it'll take for it to come to a head?

Originally posted by WTFover
Unfortunately, they won't feel the same pain as so many Americans are, after Washington has devastated our economy.

Well, I consider this: If cooler heads prevail an re-establish a proper Article 3 Court under the Common Law (which is, BTW, the proper jurisdiction for trials concerning violations of Civil & Individual Rights), then I don't think they'll be very comfy at all.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

That is something that riles me up. Shouldn't they be restricted by something similar to a 'no compete'? Of course,

But these are the LAWmakers, naturally through the decades of corruption within this branch of government they have built themselves a very comfortable level of immunity to anything that would come close to a "no compete" clause, or even a conflict of interests rule.

Watch as more and more of these crooks and thieves bail out as the 2010 elections get closer, and especially as they complete successful passage of legislation that will satisfy their special interests and major lobbyists, campaign contributors etc.

Get while the gettin' is good!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

So, considering all of this, how long do you think it'll take for it to come to a head?

I say they are living on borrowed time right now....so the beginning of 2010 should be a pretty exciting time to watch the rats jump ship...

Popcorn anyone..?...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Still, the majority of people still don't look at the flood of information & still have trouble recognizing their lies, but that number is diminishing rapidly. The best time-estimate I could possibly give you is "not very long, perhaps not even halfway through the next decade."

Perhaps news like this will help wake up even more Americans?

They do these things on LATE SUNDAY nights....

Democrats broke a Republican filibuster in the wee hours of the morning and inched their sweeping $871 billion health care package toward passage before Christmas.

All 60 members of the Democratic caucus -- liberals who wanted a public option voted for a bill without one, and moderates concerned about the cost -- voted to limit debate on compromise language introduced Saturday morning. The 40 Republicans opposed and assailed Democrats for crafting back-room deals that benefit a few senators.

"It's one of the great Bernie Madoff gimmicks that I've ever seen, that anybody's ever seen," McCain, R-Ariz., charged on "Good Morning America" today, adding that this was an "unsavory practice that the American people will reject resoundingly."

One of the biggest weaknesses of the bill, McCain said, is that tax increases and cuts in Medicare and other funding would kick in as soon as the bill is passed but the benefits won't begin to accrue until four years later.

"That's nutty stuff ... it's unacceptable," he said.

Back door deals?

Buying votes with taxpayer revenues?

"This was behind closed doors," McCain said. "The Republicans were never brought in to the negotiations and this is what you get -- a split country -- where the American people are opposed to what we're doing and opposed to us."

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Nice find...It might be a nicer find if you can provide your source?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I concur, scum..thier mostly scum. BAd recession, no recovery is foreseen, and the few news article saying were out if it, flat out lied* Or they hired the worst economist one arth who happened to lie good* Thier pushing this health reform on, when thiers not enough money amongst us citizens. Theyve made it, so you have to be wealthy to afford a good lawyer* pretty much. Lok back in history, before WWII..thodore roosevlt. HE was trynig to crat jobs for people, and put taxes on the side. HE knew and understood the pepole, more or less...Im sure kennedy would have done the same. IF obama loved kennedy that much, he's in an awful big hurry to firce this health care on us, without it being read and passed through the senate process(no thaks to Nancy pelosi) so wwe have even less money to live on now...
GOOD luck america, your on your own*

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Surprise, surprise!

More rats jumping ship?

online.wsj.com...

WASHINGTON -- A string of unexpected retirements by several senior Democrats this week demonstrated the daunting obstacles facing President Barack Obama's party in this year's midterm elections.

Sen. Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.) announced from his home in Connecticut Wednesday that he was in "the toughest political shape of my career" and wouldn't seek a sixth term. A day earlier, Democratic Sen. Byron Dorgan of North Dakota bowed out of his re-election, sending party officials scrambling for a viable candidate to take on the state's popular Republican governor, who is expected to run. Colorado's Democratic governor, Bill Ritter, also said Wednesday he won't seek reelection.

There will be more!

Take the money and run!

Wouldn't want to see any of you have to face the American people... It could be quite ugly.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Isn't that great news. Now if we can figure out a way to get the other 98 Senators and 435 Representatives to follow suit!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join