It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Year *very enlightening vid*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Google Video Link

video.google.com...#

It is 46min long, and narrated by James Earl Jones (what a pleasant voice he has).

It talks about the possibility of our Solar System being a binary system. Very, very interesting in my opinion.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by downtown436]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's been posted before. I watched it a week or two ago from a different post here. It is a decent video. Still no real evidence yet though.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The video is gone?

We're sorry, but this video may not be available. If this video was recently uploaded, it may still be processing. If this video is yours, you can check its status. To see more videos visit our home page.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
A good video, star and flag. If the uploaded video doesn't work (like it didn't for me) just click the Google Video Link.

To sum it up.

The Great Year is a compelling documentary that explores the possibility that the fall of ancient civilizations around the globe, and the rise of modern civilization, might be related to our Sun’s motion around a companion star. The film examines evidence that ancient civilizations may have known of this celestial cycle and that our Sun may indeed display the characteristics of binary motion.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Don't get high hopes though.

The site offers these as 'Facts'.

7. The low point, or dark age of the great year is when the Sun and its companion were at apoasis, their furthest point apart. This last occurred in 499AD. We are now about 1500 years into the ascending phase and consciousness is expanding.

8. The high point, of the next golden age, will occur at periapsis when the Sun and its companion are closest to each other. This last occurred in 11,500 BC and will next occur in 12,500 AD.

Looks like a long way away from a golden age, if I am reading it right, we're in the ascending Bronze Age.

Thus at the beginning of the ascending Bronze age, man is still very materially oriented but beginning to discover subtle particles and forces and understanding more about energy on both a human and worldly level.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So, you might be asking "How do we know we're in the ascending phase?"

And the answer might possible be around you.

In the descending period, moving away from the spiritual age there is less material development than in the ascending age where the materialistic influence is still strong.

We are ascending from the iron age or dark age. Which we were very materialistic, which ended about 1699AD, now we're ascending the bronze age.

We're coming up from the midpoint which started 499AD. 12000 years before that we were on the descent from the golden age 11,501BC.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Something I drew up in paint showing the cycle, the end and start of each age. Each half is 12000 years. Iron age is 2400 years in whole but the midpoint is 1200 years (499ad). The bronze age is 2400 years. The silver age 3600 years and the golden age is (the longest) 9600 years but the midpoint between incline and decline is 4800 years.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I suppose there isn't much interest in this stuff?

All related threads hardly break even a page.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Bump.

Good Video Find... I'd love to make some smart remarks about Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) but I don't want to detract from the quality of the video.

S&F

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Bump!

Come'on! I need the other side to debunk this, or offer resistance. This theory makes a lot of sense.

The tales of celestial bodies still lay hidden within today's religion and holidays.

December 25 is soon upon us. The (re)birth of the sun. An age old tale that takes many forms in many tales.

new topics

top topics

join