It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The world does not have so much money to buy more US Treasuries."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.shanghaidaily.com...

The ramifications of this very truthful statement by Zhu Min, deputy governor of the People's Bank of China, will indeed be far reaching.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Interesting....

So the Chinese has pretty much come out and said that the debt ceiling limit being raised by 1.8 trillion is impossible to to finance because other countries don't have the money in order to finance it. Well in general that is what he said from what I got of reading the article.

Now if some financial gurus could clue me in to what the next move is when this happens, which it is going to. Does this mean that the FED is going to turn to printing dollars to finance our own deficit and send up into hyper-inflation? They have already set up the infrastructure to put that cash on the streets through the pay raises payed to the government employee's and also the raised budget limits of government programs.

So am I wrong on what I just said?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hahaha, this is easily the quote of our times.

second line

[edit on 19-12-2009 by shagreen heart]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is something I have been wondering about for a while now. $1.8 trillion is about the entire GDP of the UK. It's a lot of money and with everyone spending or even borrowing themselves for domestic spending to try to reduce the impact of job losses I would imagine it's going to be hard for a single investment to attract that kind of money. That said, US banks or bankers will probably be the ones that buy most of the debt because they seem to have plenty of money now, which I find darkly amusing as they caused the entire situation to begin with.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have been trying to come to peace with myself on this one for quite some time as I have known for quite a while the world simply does not have the money to fund these deficits not only in the US but elsewhere in the developed nations.

Prin money, I doubt it, that simply will set off a series of currency devaluations that will result in a world wide, "race to the bottom".

The only realistic solution I see is an outright and or partial default by several nations world wide with all the social and political ramifications that will entail.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
On Sept 30 of this year, remember China's reluctance to buy our debt? There was much worry that they would not. Turns out it might have been the last time.
What this means is if China is refusing to buy future debt then we'll have to do it.
That means the real melt down is on its way.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

If they hold 2.3 trillion , and there is 1.8 trillion for sale now...

and he clearly states how its impossible to double their holdings..

Then if not at this auction , definitily the next, Gerald Celente will

finally get to say " I told you so!"

the feces will strike the rotating cooling device

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Reality starts to hit the stage.

online.wsj.com...

ECB Member Says No Bailouts

"The European Central Bank won't bail out debt-stricken member states such as Greece, which must repair its public finances on its own, ECB governing council member Ewald Nowotny said.

"One has to be very clear: The ECB has no mandate or intention to take into account the situation of a specific country, especially not with regard to public finances," he said in an interview late Friday."

[edit on 20-12-2009 by leo123]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacob08

To put it into perspective:

Chicago metropolitan area 9,098,316
So maybe 3.5 million homes
If an average home is $500,000
You cold buy every home in Chicago and still have $50 billion left over!!!

or

US total employeed persons is 146,743,000 (2007)
If divided by $1.8 Trillion
That means $12 266.34 per worker!

What are they doing with that much money? And that's just federal, not state and city deficits.

new topics

top topics

join