It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran acknowledges prisoners were beaten to death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
mrmonsoon - So the only reason you posted the article in the first place is to demean Iranians, not to mention your obvious hatred of them. Unfortunately you didn't get the response you desired. Oh well it's nice to see some people still deny hatred and ignorance on ATS.

Britguy
TheWalkingFox

[edit on 19-12-2009 by kindred]

Well, if reporting the truth about them is demeaning, too bad. It is the truth that they even admit to.

Now, you attempt to put words in my mouth-I never said i hate Iranians-so that is a lie by you.

You are correct, I did not get the desired result.

A couple of posters tried to derail the thread, but I won't allow it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

mrmonsoon wrote
So much for peace loving Persian's.
So much for the religion of peace and love.

I'm sorry, they didn't try to derail your thread, they simply told you exactly how things are. If you don't hate Iranians then why do you describe them as being all the same and no they aren't my words, they're yours.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Well, thy are potrayed as practicing the religion of peace, aren't they. Again, having an opposing position automatically makes people racist etc? What a world we live in.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by kindred

Well, thy are potrayed as practicing the religion of peace, aren't they. Again, having an opposing position automatically makes people racist etc? What a world we live in.

Do you mean the Iranian Muslims or the Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians.?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

aorAki
The Iranians I know and work with are intelligent, caring, loving people and love their country just as you obviously love yours.
I didn't consider it off-topic at all to bring to the fore remarks about the ill-treatment /rape/murder of prisoners in the (so-called) Free World...in fact it sort of makes it worse that it occurs in 'The West' as trumpeters such as you (mrmonsoon) would have us think that we are civilised as opposed to the barbaric Iranians who have no culture, history or contributions to make to the Modern World.

It is a shame there is so much hatred and bickering. It all contributes to the state of the World.

We are all culpable.

Well said aorAki, I'd give you two stars if I could.

What is the purpose of this thread and what kind of response is it that you are looking for mrmonsoon? It's not like you even live in Iran, so how is this affecting you personally?

The reason the prisoners were detained in the first place is because they were protesting against a government they no longer have any respect for. Which in itself proves that quite a lot of Iranians are compassionate and do care about the state of their country. Isn't this obvious?

adifferentbreed

Yeah!, what a world we live in when people keep using excuses so they can simply blame a select group of people for the hatred in our world. People of all colours and creed, whether they are religious or not are all to blame for the hatred in our world. Blaming it all on religion is nothing but a cop out.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
mrmonsoon wrote

by saying this you insult persians, and thier religion islam..
i'll tell you how..
first , about the murder you didn't showed your opinion about their gov or the people you did that
you addressed the whole nation..'PERSIANS 'huh...
second you again addressed the religion for their act..you are saying now that you were not talking about religion but you did...
you showed a nation and a religion of millions on the basis of few people...
hope you understand...
peace

[edit on 20-12-2009 by zilch]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilch
mrmonsoon wrote

i'll tell you how..
first , about the murder you didn't showed your opinion about their gov or the people you did that
second you again addressed the religion for their act..you are saying now that you were not talking about religion but you did...
hope you understand...
peace

Truth hurts, eh?

Muslim's claim to be the religion of peace and love.

I disagree and have proof that even the Iranian government admits to!!!!!!

If the religion is peace and love, how is it that the followers commit such acts which are NOT peaceful or loving.

Sorry if you don't like me showing the truth of the matter, get over it.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Britguy

You are.

If you want to start a post on what the British gov does wrong, go for it.

This post, however, is about persains murdering protesters in jail.

Does not seem to friendly or peaceful to me.

Don't cry... you're little Persian bashing thread will be full of racist comments soon...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilch
mrmonsoon wrote

i'll tell you how..
hope you understand...
peace

Truth hurts, eh?

Muslim's claim to be the religion of peace and love.

I disagree and have proof that even the Iranian government admits to!!!!!!

If the religion is peace and love, how is it that the followers commit such acts which are NOT peaceful or loving.

Sorry if you don't like me showing the truth of the matter, get over it.

Yeah, cause we all know self-proclaimed Christians never hurt a fly... except for WW1, WW2, Vietnam, The Crusades, etc., etc.

You're either a liar or delusional... I bet it's delusion..

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So here's the usual demonizing of Iran and the retiliatory demonizing of USA/Europe by the PC-crowd. But the question remains:

Not a single poster has ventured to discuss the extent/percentage of such beatings in Iran as compared to other places. When such comparisons are made, the amount is also significant.

Beating a dozen people would be different than beating 40 000.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It is not the number who were beaten and murdered, it was who they were.

They were opposition to the current government of Iran.

Yes, that DOES make it different.

It shows dissent in Iran is met with jail and murder.

Consider the election of Bush VS Gore in the US.

It was altogether similar to what happened in Iran,

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gore supporters were not jailed and murdered.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
When does the past, become the past? WWI, yup, another excuse to be pc in 2009.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So here's the usual demonizing of Iran and the retiliatory demonizing of USA/Europe by the PC-crowd. But the question remains:

Not a single poster has ventured to discuss the extent/percentage of such beatings in Iran as compared to other places. When such comparisons are made, the amount is also significant.

Beating a dozen people would be different than beating 40 000.

True enough...

Let's see how many people have been killed by people claiming to be Christian... well, definitely millions... probably at least 50 million (Again, ww1, ww2, the crusades, the vietnam war, the korean war, the civil war in the US, etc. etc.).

And how many wars have Persians started in the last 100 years?

What about Christians?

Good point; it IS important to realise that Christians are incredibly dangerous, relative to Persians.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
When does the past, become the past? WWI, yup, another excuse to be pc in 2009.

Ahh... so we can't hold people responsible for past actions or learn from the past...

now that's what I call open minded!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

Let's see how many people have been killed by people claiming to be Christian... well, definitely millions... probably at least 50 million (Again, ww1, ww2, the crusades, the vietnam war, the korean war, the civil war in the US, etc. etc.).

What about Christians?

Good point; it IS important to realise that Christians are incredibly dangerous, relative to Persians.

Wait a minute...

you should be in the Internet-Discussion Business long enough to know that this is an invalid method of reasoning/demonization.

If you go back long enough in History or Generalize broad enough you can dig up dirt on anyone and anything.

My question was in regards to how many have been beaten recently (10 year span) and as monsoon hints at, for what reason, in which context.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It is not the number who were beaten and murdered, it was who they were.

They were opposition to the current government of Iran.

Yes, that DOES make it different.

It shows dissent in Iran is met with jail and murder.

Consider the election of Bush VS Gore in the US.

It was altogether similar to what happened in Iran,

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gore supporters were not jailed and murdered.

No, but people that supported Saddam Hussein were.

People that supported the US backed Shah were.

In FACT, how many people did the US help kill in Iran during the Iran/Iraq war?

10s of thousands if not much more.

All for disagreeing with the USs little military strategies in the region.

Honestly, you're probably safer disagreeing with the Mullahs in Iran than living in Palestine (whatever you wanna call it) and disagreeing with Israel.

In other words, they both suck, horribly, but their religion's got NOTHING to do with it.

Another hole in this nonsense, the people being beaten by the dirty Persians are, wait for it, MUSLIM.

Stupid Muslims... always getting tortured, by the US, by your own government...that'll teach you to have faith in religion.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

What about Christians?

Wait a minute...

you should be in the Internet-Discussion Business long enough to know that this is an invalid method of reasoning/demonization.

If you go back long enough in History or Generalize broad enough you can dig up dirt on anyone and anything.

My question was in regards to how many have been beaten recently (10 year span) and as monsoon hints at, for what reason, in which context.

hahahahahahahahahahaah...

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh...

nothing like rigging the contest, eh?

Well, recently, the US has secretely imprisioned people around the world, sent hundreds back to places to be tortured, tortured raped and killed many many many more.

Will the US ever admit the numbers?

Will Iran?

Iraq?

The answer is, no.

So, there's no point in asking.

Could be the US, could be Iran, could be SA that's done the most... could even be ISRAEL.

Shock!

Let's just call them all scum and move on.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Where are the debunkers? A govt comes out a makes a claim and everyone just accepts it?

So then it must also be true that the US is blocking the return of the messiah as stated by the same govt?

This just got REALLY interesting.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

could be Iran,

So what you are suggesting is that prisoners are being beaten to death in Iran?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You do realize......

The Iranian government "ADMITTED" to beating the prisoners to death in jail.

They admitted it, no if ands or's about it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join