Ever since I saw the exclusive 16 minute interview with an Australian soldier serving in Afghanistan that BYPASSED the PR division of the Australian
army*...I KNEW this was an important show....
(*Dust Mud & #: A Soldiers Life)
You see, the series was highly controversial & early on I’d doubted it would last the full season & if it did, probably wouldn’t return for a
second. This is because the show was too ‘honest’. Simple as that, the show was honest about topics that are more akin to ATS content than the
government run ABC TV stations.
I have previously voiced my concerns over the content remaining available to the public and my concerns have been proven accurate.
For a short while, all 10 episodes of season 1 were available for online view/download.
Now NONE are available.
Loyal & long standing members of the hungry beast website have asked why,
and received no answer.
There is a paragraph explanation of why these videos are no longer available and it reads:
“Hungry Beast episodes are only available to view for 30 days. You can watch individual clips below in: Related Stories”
If this were true,
or at least ‘the only reason’ for the disappearance of the once free & public content,
then Episode 10 (aired: December 1st 2009) and episode 9 (24 Nov) would still be available to view & download today: December 23rd 2009;
and they ARE NOT
None of the episodes are.
Air dates for series:
* Episode 10 - Dec 1, 2009 * Episode 9 - Nov 24, 2009 * Episode 8 - Nov 18, 2009
* Episode 7 - Nov 11, 2009 * Episode 6 - Nov 4, 2009 * Episode 5 - Oct 28, 2009
* Episode 4 - Oct 21, 2009 * Episode 3 - Oct 14, 2009 * Episode 2 - Oct 7, 2009
* Episode 1 - Sep 30, 2009
No problem you say,
they simply broke up the full episode videos into the individual segments and moved them to a different area of the website from which the public can
Unfortunately this is not the case either.
At least HALF of the content of the series has DISAPPEARED and without due, just or accurate explanation.
I see this as the expected & obvious censorship of the content by its opposition (or suppressors), whomever they may be, probably their bosses, media
mongrels and any groups & associations who appeared in the ‘hungry beast’ reports & stories.
For e.g. the ‘coverage/joke’ made in episode 1 of ‘hungry beast’ relating to the Australian women's netball association, created an enemy for
them in the AWNA, and they got publicly slammed in the press for it & forced to apologise to the AWNA on the next show. This alone is valid enough
‘fodder’ for the current censorship efforts being made. And the 'joke' in question is
one of the missing segments.
My efforts in archiving this footage is an attempt to salvage VALUABLE, controversial & for all intents & purposes ‘HIDDEN’ information, for the
greater good of the public across all nations, from the unjust, unexplained & unnecessary censorship taking place RIGHT NOW over at the hungry beast
website (which itself may disappear soon).
Furthermore, as I rapidly 'cue for download' all the segments & content I can, I am simultaneously making a list of ALL the censored content that is
no longer available for ANYONE in the public realm to witness.
To summarise in a phrase I just thought of,
(but obviously borrow the terminology from an eccentric Texan
“This is an Info war....
and I intend to win.”
List Of Removed/Censored Content (Important/controversial ones in ‘bold’) –
• Victoria Dynamite exposes cat con men
• Should Pandas be allowed to go extinct?
• The Netball sex scandal joke
• The Banks latest strategy for liberating your money
• The new street crime of “Chalking” that is spreading amongst kids
• How sugary junk food is marketed to children as fruit
• How people feel about “Aussie Pride”
• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s mother speaks out
• Remembering Sergeant Brett Till who was killed in Afghanistan
• Red Faces on the “Blackface” controversy
• How the “Outrage” economy works
• The debate over fake lesbians
• Finding employment on Second Life
• DIY funerals
• Which aliases for the city of Brisbane are acceptable
• The original "Insiders" program from (1788)
• Can you eat fish and still call yourself a vegetarian?
• What it’s like to battle against mesothelioma?
• KRudd’s new show, Rudd Live
• Bangs, the Sudanese refugee rapper
• What's the weather forecast for Channel 9?
• Parliament's biggest mouth: Wilson Tuckey
• How to waste time at work
• Voila! (episode 8)
• Rob Parella - the inner life of a Lawn Bowler
• Online newspapers using Tits to get Clicks Sunrise and Jetstar
• The supposed Mike Rann sex scandal
• Three generations of refugees re-settling in Australia
• The Crawford Report on Sports funding
• Australia's Most Untrustworthy,
and 10 to 1 Favourite Years Of The Decade
The accompanying video for the following article slamming australia for its disgusting ‘great australian dream’ marketing in Thailand has also
been removed - Article missing video
And that was an off-site video too, removed by the host site, Vimeo...
on behalf of?
Something else bizarre might be that some of the removed content is barely of interest alongside the several very important/interesting stories in the
list too...some deleted perhaps out of lack of interest, others most definitely not, i.e. its hard to draw conclusions looking at the list alone.
as I see it & I’m sure you will too,
my conservation efforts regarding this controversial material;
are justified & necessary.
[edit on 19/12/09 by B.Morrison]