It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungry Beast 2009 Censored Content!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ever since I saw the exclusive 16 minute interview with an Australian soldier serving in Afghanistan that BYPASSED the PR division of the Australian army*...I KNEW this was an important show....

(*Dust Mud & #: A Soldiers Life)

You see, the series was highly controversial & early on I’d doubted it would last the full season & if it did, probably wouldn’t return for a second. This is because the show was too ‘honest’. Simple as that, the show was honest about topics that are more akin to ATS content than the government run ABC TV stations.

I have previously voiced my concerns over the content remaining available to the public and my concerns have been proven accurate.

For a short while, all 10 episodes of season 1 were available for online view/download.

Now NONE are available.

Loyal & long standing members of the hungry beast website have asked why,
and received no answer.

There is a paragraph explanation of why these videos are no longer available and it reads:

“Hungry Beast episodes are only available to view for 30 days. You can watch individual clips below in: Related Stories”

If this were true,

or at least ‘the only reason’ for the disappearance of the once free & public content,

then Episode 10 (aired: December 1st 2009) and episode 9 (24 Nov) would still be available to view & download today: December 23rd 2009;

and they ARE NOT available.
None of the episodes are.

Air dates for series:
* Episode 10 - Dec 1, 2009 * Episode 9 - Nov 24, 2009 * Episode 8 - Nov 18, 2009
* Episode 7 - Nov 11, 2009 * Episode 6 - Nov 4, 2009 * Episode 5 - Oct 28, 2009
* Episode 4 - Oct 21, 2009 * Episode 3 - Oct 14, 2009 * Episode 2 - Oct 7, 2009
* Episode 1 - Sep 30, 2009

No problem you say,
they simply broke up the full episode videos into the individual segments and moved them to a different area of the website from which the public can view/download them.

Unfortunately this is not the case either.

At least HALF of the content of the series has DISAPPEARED and without due, just or accurate explanation.

I see this as the expected & obvious censorship of the content by its opposition (or suppressors), whomever they may be, probably their bosses, media mongrels and any groups & associations who appeared in the ‘hungry beast’ reports & stories.

For e.g. the ‘coverage/joke’ made in episode 1 of ‘hungry beast’ relating to the Australian women's netball association, created an enemy for them in the AWNA, and they got publicly slammed in the press for it & forced to apologise to the AWNA on the next show. This alone is valid enough ‘fodder’ for the current censorship efforts being made. And the 'joke' in question is one of the missing segments.

My efforts in archiving this footage is an attempt to salvage VALUABLE, controversial & for all intents & purposes ‘HIDDEN’ information, for the greater good of the public across all nations, from the unjust, unexplained & unnecessary censorship taking place RIGHT NOW over at the hungry beast website (which itself may disappear soon).

Furthermore, as I rapidly 'cue for download' all the segments & content I can, I am simultaneously making a list of ALL the censored content that is no longer available for ANYONE in the public realm to witness.

To summarise in a phrase I just thought of,
(but obviously borrow the terminology from an eccentric Texan
)

“This is an Info war....
and I intend to win.”

List Of Removed/Censored Content (Important/controversial ones in ‘bold’) –

• Victoria Dynamite exposes cat con men
• Should Pandas be allowed to go extinct?
• The Netball sex scandal joke
The Banks latest strategy for liberating your money
The new street crime of “Chalking” that is spreading amongst kids
How sugary junk food is marketed to children as fruit
How people feel about “Aussie Pride”
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s mother speaks out
Remembering Sergeant Brett Till who was killed in Afghanistan
Red Faces on the “Blackface” controversy
How the “Outrage” economy works
• The debate over fake lesbians
• Finding employment on Second Life
DIY funerals
• Which aliases for the city of Brisbane are acceptable
The original "Insiders" program from (1788)
• Can you eat fish and still call yourself a vegetarian?
What it’s like to battle against mesothelioma?
KRudd’s new show, Rudd Live
Bangs, the Sudanese refugee rapper
What's the weather forecast for Channel 9?
Parliament's biggest mouth: Wilson Tuckey
• How to waste time at work
• Voila! (episode 8)
• Rob Parella - the inner life of a Lawn Bowler
Online newspapers using Tits to get Clicks Sunrise and Jetstar
The supposed Mike Rann sex scandal
Three generations of refugees re-settling in Australia
The Crawford Report on Sports funding
Australia's Most Untrustworthy,
and 10 to 1 Favourite Years Of The Decade

The accompanying video for the following article slamming australia for its disgusting ‘great australian dream’ marketing in Thailand has also been removed - Article missing video
And that was an off-site video too, removed by the host site, Vimeo...
on behalf of?

Something else bizarre might be that some of the removed content is barely of interest alongside the several very important/interesting stories in the list too...some deleted perhaps out of lack of interest, others most definitely not, i.e. its hard to draw conclusions looking at the list alone.

Still....
as I see it & I’m sure you will too,
my conservation efforts regarding this controversial material;
are justified & necessary.

[edit on 19/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

List of currently salvageable Content –

• United Liberal Party
• Copenhagen Reunion
• Homeless Christmas
• Serco
• Zombies
• Victoria Dynamite on Asylum Seekers
• Daniel shows why men should get the cervical cancer vaccine
• Pre Climate Talks
• Interview With A Vampire
• Dust Mud & #: A Soldiers Life
• The Pacific's Great Garbage Patch
• A message from P&O
• Robots are fine! (reaction to negetive comments on robot wars series)
• Can paedophilia be treated?
• Robot wars (1,2,3)
• Jesus has issues (with the Catholic Church)
• Tweens and body image
• 10 Years Older in 10 Days
• Voxpops: What part of your body would you change?
• Who can move files fastest - broadband Internet, a car, or a carrier pigeon?
• A recap on the history of James Hardie company and asbestos
• The extent of asbestos still in houses in suburban Australia
• Victoria Dynamite explores the new fashion for obese babies
• And look at one of the men who ran James Hardie back in their asbestos producing years
• Windows 7 Launch Party
• Get Lost
• 8-Bit Immigration
• Australia's Best Kept Secret: Christmas Island
• VoxPops: How did your parents punish you?
• Google Is Me
• Living in a post-race world
• Is Australia a racist country?
• The new Malcolm Turnbull movie
• The new advertising campaign from the Coal Industry
• Overdosing on Beatles nostalgia
• An interview with the family of Private Benjamin Ranaudo who was killed in Afghanistan
• The medical benefits of wearing ridiculously wide pants
• A timeline of the Afghanistan War
• A-Z of Fake (full series)
• Stuff Said This Week (full series)
• Things That We Think Might Be Bull# (full series)
• The Other News (full series)
• Follow The Money (full series)

All the salvaged footage (of worth) will be re uploaded to the internet via my youtube account & I will link to them from this thread over time as they become available.

The you tube content will be a collection/archive of every segment from the show that was still available at the website at the time of collection, it is unfortunate I was unable to earlier collect ALL the content, before the censorship began, the success of my salvaging will be determined by how quickly my internet connection can download the list before any more get removed.

If anyone else wishes to make their own archives of this content, I’d recommend you get over to Hungry Beast and start collecting (Copy & paste from above list into the HB search box) before all the good stuff is gone for good!!

There are other videos, articles & blog entries at the website which are user generated & additional staff generated content dated after the 1st of dec, which is also new & most likely limited to online access only. I imagine theres some gold in amongst there too & would recommend some digging.

There is a video titled “coming up in series II, 2010” but with the fuss this show kicked up in the short time it was on air, and the way ‘chasers war on everything’ panned out, I think it might be wishful thinking, tho I am wishing for their return right along side them.

P.L.U.R.I,
-B.Morrison.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If anyone out there reads the list of 'removed/censored content' and finds that they themselves have the video footage in question I'd love to hear about it, maybe you could help the anti-censorship efforts being made here by uploading the missing content back to the internet yourself
I can only upload things from the 'salvageable' list because I took too long to commence collecting of the content.

-B.M
P.S)thanks for the S+F, the more people who are aware of this content (especially internationals) the better

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I have noticed something similar and started a thread about it that utube videos with good new age info is disapearing from the the net.
I had so many in my favorites and now when I try to watch it again it is not available any longer.
Here is previous thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxxcosta

I have noticed something similar and started a thread about it that utube videos with good new age info is disapearing from the the net.
I had so many in my favorites and now when I try to watch it again it is not available any longer.
Here is previous thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

lol...is this a talk show...where guests plug their products?...then again..what the point of advertising on a thread with no replies is....i don't know..

Thanks for the heads up re: youtube, same thing happens if you type certain words into a comment, hit post & it dissapears into an archive of 'naughty' never to be seen again. Same thing happens if you use the word Scientology in your video. Keep an eye out for the content in the 'removed list' posted above, some of that stuff was gold, and now censored & gone.

Our threads may be similar, but youtube has been removing videos for years and years now, its a public domain, whereas the website I'm referring to is an australian government website, made for the online viewing of content specifically from the hungry beast TV series. The whole thing commenced 30th of sept, and was completely censored by december 20th by my count, which means less than 19 days after the final epsiode aired, the episodes were deleted. That is a bad sign.

Thanks for the contribution, but please refrain from discussing more youtube censorship here, save that for your own thread which as you mentioned was specifically dealing with youtube censorship.

-B.M

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hungry Beast is a very thought provoking, insightful show.
I would suggest to try find it again, you may find it is there now.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymous_spectre

yup, that it is, I especially liked the mention of verichips in the last episode and the interesting development in the frequency of those text/graphic animation pieces like the first one that they did on serco, and wonder if it had any correlation with the serco thread i posted making the ats news & reaching such a massive audience...perhaps they thought "hey we're onto a good thing here...?"
...its possible..

-B.M

P.S) I did notice that season 2's episodes are downloadable as a full episode now and not broken up or missing parts like season 1's used to be...(still is?)

[edit on 19/3/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Look, they have it censored and I don't understand. Perhaps if the info is really important you should try a usenet account. I have never used one but as I understand it is very hard to censor usenet if at all possible. Hope this helps and please upload it to youtube if you go down this path. Good luck.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey. ive been searching everywhere for a torrent or a rapidshare of the original hungry beast episodes. i never really got a chance to watch the show but snippets i have seen interest me a lot. Have you managed to upload much stuff? Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers!

top topics

join