It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political revolution for the future of our race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Political revolution

Over a number of years governments around the world have failed us for one reason or another and they will continue to, it's the nature of the world.

But after the events of Copenhagen I suggest a new political group should be formed. It is blatantly clear that humanities future is a risk after all of the talks have taken place in Copenhagen it looks like no real progress has been made and a number of scientists have come to the conclusion that the world is far worse off after these talks:

www.newscientist.com...

Now not just one government has failed us but all governments in the world, I am not suggesting a revolution or dictatorship I simply and humbly suggest a new political group is formed which should be democratically elected by peoples in all governments around the world.

I think its entirely possible to create world peace through a non-violent political network of similar minded people around the world, for future references to this group I will call this group the “world humanists”.

In order for this to work the World Humanists would have the following ideals and policies...

Every man woman and child is equal regardless of race, sexual, cultural or religious views.

The borders and counties of the world should stay as they are the world is too precious to be fighting over land any refugees from wars and persecution will be allowed to move to a country which have the resources to support them.

The main focus of this political group should be technological progress specifically in alternative sources of energy like fossil fuels and other technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, GM food crops that can survive it normally inhospitable environments and research into the reduction of desertification.

I also believe counties should have a symbiotic relationship with all others; no one county should have too many resources or too much power at their disposal each county should rely on the world to supply the rest of its resources.

When this is the case there would be a large reduction in wars and conflicts because by going to war you are cutting your resource off from the rest of the world, then the world would feel the loss and something would have to be done immediately to resolve the conflict.

What I'm suggesting to some of you may sound like some new world order world government, well let me just say this...

...For the survival of mankind a world government is absolutely inevitable the future of mankind lies in the stars if something was to befall our little planet that's it all humanity would be wiped out so eventually we would need to colonize other worlds and before you know it a human empire would form, I'm aware this last sentence may seem a little far fetched but all I can say to this is read the work of Michio Kaku:

www.youtube.com...

I believe the previous is the only way forward for the survival of the human race, if you believ in what I have just mentioned please “/sign” it.

All the best.

Martin

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hey man this sounds like something that already exists. The Venus Project, and the Zeitgeist movement. I'll see you on the forums over there...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
Political revolution

Over a number of years governments around the world have failed us for one reason or another and they will continue to, it's the nature of the world.

But after the events of Copenhagen I suggest a new political group should be formed. It is blatantly clear that humanities future is a risk after all of the talks have taken place in Copenhagen it looks like no real progress has been made and a number of scientists have come to the conclusion that the world is far worse off after these talks:

I agree. REal progress wasn't made for those hellbent on control and power over the entire world. Taxation without representation wealth redistribution seems to have failed.

www.newscientist.com...

Now not just one government has failed us but all governments in the world, I am not suggesting a revolution or dictatorship I simply and humbly suggest a new political group is formed which should be democratically elected by peoples in all governments around the world.

This I don't get. You think the government is unreachable now? You think it doesn't listen to it's people now? Wait till it's on the other side of the world!
This is ultimately what cap'nhagen was all about, it became obvious that it was about bashing capitalist countries and walking out of talks when the handouts weren't big enough.

I think its entirely possible to create world peace through a non-violent political network of similar minded people around the world, for future references to this group I will call this group the “world humanists”.

I think world peace is like chasing your tail if under a one world government. People, to one degree or another, will disagree. Always. Any group that craves power can easily claim to be humanist, yet still only worry about themselves. This is what happens time and time again.

In order for this to work the World Humanists would have the following ideals and policies...

Every man woman and child is equal regardless of race, sexual, cultural or religious views.

The borders and counties of the world should stay as they are the world is too precious to be fighting over land any refugees from wars and persecution will be allowed to move to a country which have the resources to support them.

Everyone equal. I love it.
Sounds like North America.
So what you are proposing is to reduce borders to a meaningless line on a map? What this second suggestion sounds like, is rewarding the lazy/unfortunate people for their circumstance, and putting the burden on them, forcefully, thereby bringing them down to a similiar level. Guaranteed those in this "humanist network" would not feel the affects of sucha burden!

The main focus of this political group should be technological progress specifically in alternative sources of energy like fossil fuels and other technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, GM food crops that can survive it normally inhospitable environments and research into the reduction of desertification.

These are great ideas. Unfortunately, what we currently have is an international political group that is hellbent on punishing those nations who are in a position, right at this moment, to pursue the advancement of such technologies. With multiple countries, we have multiple, "experiements", you might say, balancing research with healthcare and social programs. Over time, the country with the greatest balance of such things will prove to be the best for the planet, and humanity, as subsequent countries will not have to suffer through such trial and error.

I also believe counties should have a symbiotic relationship with all others; no one county should have too many resources or too much power at their disposal each county should rely on the world to supply the rest of its resources.

Again, rewarding stagnance and laziness. It is human nature that we advance or grow, when a need grows. It is the reason scare tactics are used so frequently by governments.
I think Peter, from Office Space, illustrates my point:
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. If I work my butt off for _______, I don't see an extra dime. So where's the motivation?"

When this is the case there would be a large reduction in wars and conflicts because by going to war you are cutting your resource off from the rest of the world, then the world would feel the loss and something would have to be done immediately to resolve the conflict.

This I don't agree with. Essentially this would create a situation in which all people born into countries with a high amount of resources would essentially be slaves by birth to the less fortunate. The only way this would work, would be if NO ONE lived in a place where their burden was higher on others than on themselves.

What I'm suggesting to some of you may sound like some new world order world government, well let me just say this...

...For the survival of mankind a world government is absolutely inevitable the future of mankind lies in the stars if something was to befall our little planet that's it all humanity would be wiped out so eventually we would need to colonize other worlds and before you know it a human empire would form, I'm aware this last sentence may seem a little far fetched but all I can say to this is read the work of Michio Kaku:

www.youtube.com...

I believe the previous is the only way forward for the survival of the human race, if you believ in what I have just mentioned please “/sign” it.

All the best.

Martin

Well ideally I applaud what you're saying, peace on earth, everyone happy. In practice though, it would just turn into a form of worldwide serfdom Misfortune, as well as fortune, would be shared by all. And when enough misfortunate people learn that there are no consequences to to their laziness/misfortune, they will not try hard to make the necessary corrections.
These are just my opinions, and what I think would happen under a one world government.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Honestly sounds a lot like the frame work of the global government that they were trying to set up in Copenhagen.

No offense OP, but that won't ever work. We are not all equal, some are better than others, but that shouldn't mean they are above to law.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok, I guess the original post was a bit niave I had been watching the news lately and have become very disillusioned.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
OP, if you haven't seen it yet - you might want to check this video out.

He's got a much better argument than Michio does.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've heard Politics being described as "The Art of Compromise." Considering that the only thing politics has done in government is to compromise the Law of the Land..."Trading this favor in exchange for bending that rule," and so on. The way I see it is that we don't need more politics in government, we need less. Forming a new political party wouldn't help anything except to add to the political quagmire in government right now.

Instead of adding more mess to the situation, why not reverse the problem? Instead of adding more politics, why don't We the People put the Law back into the government, the way it was originally...If politics caused the end of Rule By Law, why not put the Law back in? There is the Due Process of Law (Article 2, Section 4) in place & in effect, but the politicians ignore that & all other responsibilities every time they act in Breech of Oath within the Office.

How about having a massive Citizens' Arrest of the political pundits that have "compromised the Law" all these past years? It doesn't take a new political party to do this, only a group of Law-Abiding Citizens.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'd be very interested on everyones opion, thanks for the posts so far.

I find it really interesting listening to others viewpoints
bump

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
BUMP

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No, your premise is all wrong. Governments didn't fail "us", we have failed ourselves. Now, after all the poison We have injected into society is starting to fill our backyards, some, whistling into the air, with their hands in their pockets, are bailing out of their collective responsibilities. So, on to the usual patsy: It was the Banks, it was Governments, it was the Jews, it was the USA, it was the EU...your own stench is becoming intolerable. And your solutions? Replace Tyrants with even worst Tyrants...way to go...

After poisoning all societies, creating your schizoid nightmares, YOU, The Masses, The Mob, The Hive, The Sheeple, want to resurrect and even more Toxic Environment. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Churchill, and other mass-murderers are for sure laughing in their graves!!!

And this was supposed to be the Age of Awakening!?!?!?

top topics

join