It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you get invited to meet a green guy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Originally posted by Xtrozero
What if aliens do not exist do we still follow said person?

Stop being such a skeptic. Of course of aliens exist. Just because you haven't seen one or seen evidence of one on Earth doesn't mean they do not exist.
It's like an ostrich having its head in the sand.

Well 500 pound purple elephants exist too...I guess... when we are talking about endless possibilities, but I haven't seen one of them either.

So we can just as easily replace "green guy" in your post with "500 pound purple elephants" and be as correct. To say is there life in the universe the answer is 100% yes, as we are proof, but to add many qualifiers to "life" such as green aliens visiting our planet you push the odds to the level of improbability and with no real evidence even with so many trying to get some over many decades it just proves even more that aliens, though by endless odds do exists, they just do not exist on earth.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

Originally posted by Xtrozero
What if aliens do not exist do we still follow said person?

If aliens would not exist, you wouldnt exist either.

Just use logic. How big are the chances of a neverending place with trillions of galaxy's but only one of those trillions of galaxy's has only one planet with life? It is impossible. The fact that we exist means the universe is teaming with life.

There is no life at all, or it is teaming with life. It just isnt possible that only one planet in one of the trillions and trillions of galaxy's has life.

Saying there are no aliens is just plain dumb, and real arrogance.

Ok... lets use REAL logic...

The Universe is about 14 billion years old and the first 5 billion years or so galaxies were forming, so that leaves us with about 9 billion years to make suns, planets and life. Earth is about 5 billion years old and just happens to be the perfect size, density, position from the sun etc for life to flourish. During its creation of 10s of billions (100s of billions) of life forms it was able to produce one life form that not only was intelligent enough to go into space, but had the physical dexterity to build too. I can’t say using our example that our galaxy is teaming with other capable space faring life forms, due to the fact that earth took 5 billion years to make one.

Also, is intelligence a good evolutionary trait? We are the only life form here with the ability to destroy all life on the planet, so who is to say intelligence goes the same direction of so many other bad evolutionary traits, extinction.

With all that said let’s just say, yes there is intelligent space fairing life out there. The next problem is though you might suggest, as so many do, that the universe is endless, but there are still limitations. Time is one that I talked about in my opening paragraph, the other one is just the vast distance we are talking about. Our galaxy is 100,000 plus light years across, and so far all science leads in the direction that solid matter cannot go the speed of light, so even with a galaxy teaming with intelligent life the size of it makes a rather formable obstacle to overcome, so even if there was many other intelligent races out there the odds are we will never meet.

And so we also have another limitation at hand and that is our galaxy has roughly 100 billion stars in it. That seems like a big number, but many of those stars are towards the center in a rather inhospitable environment, but let’s say 50 billion do not. So how many of those stars might have a planet in the right orbit, right size, right everything to produce life of any kind. We can view Mars as a perfect example of a planet just slightly off from what is needed. Then to have a planet with life also produce intelligent life that just happens to make it into space, and once again using earth that took 5 billion years for a chance, since we are not proof of anything yet, really starts to dwindle the number down.
To say the universe is endless with endless possibilities is correct, but I think we need to prove intelligent space faring life traveling around in our own backyard first, and not add the distance of millions/billions of light years to it all.

To overcome all this a person needs to “what if” like crazy, as in what if other races can travel faster than light, what if our galaxy was seeded by an ancient race, what if other dimensions connect us to other alien races. You see that is the problem, we need to what if them into existence which doesn’t mean they really do exist and are here on earth. I would love to be proven wrong, but so far I am right, and it is not something I truly desire, but reality is reality.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I thought a green guy meant a recycling guy lol.

Firstly, if I met a green recycling guy I would say "Thanks for recycling and not making your partner do it." Or I wouldn't say anything (more likely).

Secondly, if I met an alien, I would burst into tears and run away and hide under my bed.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou

Secondly, if I met an alien, I would burst into tears and run away and hide under my bed.

Hence why they don't land on the whitehouse lawn?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join