It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't this what the global warming debate is actually all about?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I believe we should be concerned with the environment and we do need a clean world for my grand kids to grow and live in, BUT global warming as presented is a Hoax.
Being a small farmer, Iwant as much as anyone to preserve the earth. However, recent NASA research( this past week) via satellite shows a correlation between less solar activity and a cooling of the atmosphere on earth. Oddly enough, the data supplied in the last 20 years of increased heating corresponded with an increase in solar and sunspot activity... the Solar Maximus. Likewise, the surface temps of Venus, Mars, Neptune, and Uranus increased also. Now that we are in the Solar Minimum, all of the corresponding temps are on the decline. That is a fact, which even the global warmists are alarmed at,(see leaked e-mails) because it undercuts their argument.
Ther have been 3 ice ages documented and probably even more. They were followed by a warming period caused by what... dino suv's? neanderthal grills? cromagnon coal powered factories?
Again, I want a clean and environmentally safe world, but some things we can't do... one article I read, don't know where...so don't ask, said that if we did everything to the most radical idea, we would reduce warming by only 1 degree in 50 years. As I sit here in NC this morning waiting for an unusally heavy snow prior to Xmas to stop, I wish to some degree Al Gore was right...if what he said was true, it would be 80 with a nice southerly breeze and I'd be on a beach waiting to grill out. As it is, I'm stuck inside and cooking homemade soup.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Please don't confuse the global warming hoax with environmental protection. CO2 is NOT a pollutant and its emissions do NOT need to be controlled.

The air, the soil and the water in developing worlds is all cleaner today than 20 or 30 years ago due to the efforts of governments, industry and yes, even to a small degree activists because of efforts made to stop the discharge of contaminants to the natural environment.

Witness the use of sewage treatment plants to stop the discharge of raw sewage to our waterways and the improvements there. Witness the use of catalytic converters on car exhausts, air scrubbers on industrial stacks etc.

This is using new technology or old technology in greater ways to protect the environment.

Understand what Copenhagen is really all about. Its about convincing developing countries to pay undeveloped countries NOT to develop their resources. Its a welfare SCAM.

Do you really believe that if the US provided $1 trillion dollars to the undeveloped countries as proposed that parts of the money wouldn't stick to every hand it touched along the way so that at the end of the line, the poor people of Brazil would receive only about 0.50 cents a year.

How would this save the rain forest?? The poor people would still need to cut down trees for heat.

How does limiting the energy source of undeveloped countries to the most expensive and least reliable sources protect the environment when people must still cut down trees for heat and cooking? They would still deplete and pollute the ground water by building improper, unsealed wells.

You must understand that the cost of forcing undeveloped countries to continue to live in huts will only continue to rise until such time as the developed countries can no longer afford to pay! Then what?

Wouldn't it be better for the environment if the trillion dollars was used to build nuclear reactors and a grid, to build water and sewage plants and to allow undeveloped countries the basics of a stable society?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This response basically says, screw the planet and our future generations because people are hijacking this for power plays and some of us would rather pollute than let some liberal nutjob make money off my kids having clean water.

This has nothing to do with clean water. It has to do with co2 which is natural by-product of living. To call it pollution shows the depths to which some people have been brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
sorry but really you are kind of dumb man ... try research more before creating a thread here in this board ... there are some many bad threads

how many jobs do u think we will lose

top topics

<< 1   >>

join