It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] The newest clues CRACKED -Xoft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Mad props to you guys, I was gone for a few hours and it all unraveled. Excellent. I had a feeling it was Xoft but i was using a version of the code that had been copied from the original thread and it was full of junk that had been added when it was copied. I can see it clearly now. So lets put both transalations in this one thread and work on figuring out what they mean. They used the same code so were likely related and maybe from the same person, but there are like five threads going on them right now. time to merge.

- Z Out

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
-1- Clue

Originally posted by 1
UhW3QZWvU1SbUhWHQVWPUFSXUZKTMpOjcxezEJG7AdSTAZGnQRKLIBGHAZWbEhG/ElSTENGnERCPE5GXUdG/ApWfE9GfAlWbERCnE9CbEtGnA9WfElCzUdKHEtWfEhGbIBGnEJGPANWLUdGjEFCnUZ GXE5WbEBG7IBCnUdCrAxKDANSTE9GXEVWfERCfERKDQRGXElCPAlGnAhW3UZGnERCTAdWfAdCfUdKDEFCPUZGnEhCTEJGTEpSTElC3QRG7AlGbUdCbEZGTEpCfEpGnEVCrE9GbApWbEhG/EVGjUdCr AxKDANSTEZGnEJGTARCPANG3EFG3EVGDUdGPEtGrIJCfUdCfEFCTIJCjUdCPAdGTUZGfApWbAtG3UZGjE9GnQRGTA1CfUdG/ApWfApCzERWbEVCPE9GbExS/QROzE1GLERWbAtCrUZGXERCXEdGTAN GjERCTAdGPUZCvE1WbEhG/ElSTENG3AlKDApCPEtWbEVCfEVCXERaDQRSDUZC3E1G/ElWfA1GHARWfEBGvUZCXE5KHERGvEVCvE1WbAZCTApSTQBWbEhG/E9GfEZG7EhWfE1GjUdGXQRG3E1CXERWb EhCbE1GXANWbANCrUZGnERWbA1G3E9GnUdG/EdCnUZCfE1GnA9KDElGXUdGXEZGTUZGLE5CrQRGDElGjUdGnEVCPEVCbEtG3EVG/ElCjUdG/EJGvE1GLERWbANG3EpSTApGnAdGzUZGfE1GXAZGvEl STANG/QRCTIBCjERCTEVCPEVGLENWbAtCPUZCPApWbElGTUZCjE5aDQRSDUdGDEtWbAdGzERCfENWbAVGvAlCfApWbEFCXElGbUdCrAxGTUZGLERC7EhWfEhCfAZWbAhGjA1GXUdCPEFWfApCzEhCr QRG7IBCfUdG/ApWfAlGXUdG/EZWfURGfE1GPEBGTURSTEpGXEJWfElGrERKDEhCTEVGDEtC3QRGbEVGjE9GnEZWfApCzERKHQRGjIJGDUdCnERWfEVGLENWbAVG7IFCbIBKDAdW3gFa7ING7ANCPUZ CvApWbANGvIJSTEVG/EZWfIBGHAZWbA9GDUZCXE5KHEZGjEpCfApaDQRKnElC/ERKHAZGTARSTUxaHQRKbE5GHERCjAdCnUZCzEhCPQRCbEVGDIJGnAhWfAdCvANG7QRCPARGfANG7QRGbElGLERCT ANCPElGXUdKLAtGXElWL

Translation:

4.09.04:11:12UDT
now we know the depths of our problem eh my friends. for so long this has been feared. were we not warned by our predecessors that this generational cycle would see us in the eye of the storm? Mine is sequestered in the digital space. I know you'll complain but I thought it a nice twist as we know our enemies are not yet established online and seem unable to understand it as we do. I'll embed clues over the next few days so that one of us or "uncle" can eventually gather them all up and combine.
That is all for now my comrades. Remember -- Whoever has walked with truth generates life --

A new piece of the puzzle thread/clue

Originally posted by SimonGray

AxGTIJGDE5WbANG3EpSTEZG/EFGPUZCrIBGfAxCPgFa7cxezA9GDUZCjERGXEhG/UZCzEhCPQRKDIBCjERGnAhWfANCfE1CrQRCPE5CfUdGnEJGTIFGvUdGrEFCbIBSTANG7AdWfAdGbE5KDAlWfAZ CPANG7EVWfEVGXUdCfAdWfE5GHAdGnAhezcxa/gFGTEdCPUZGjE9GnEtWfEVGbERWbEFG3UZGvE5CnEZWfAZCPANG7EVWfIBGHAZWbANG3EpSTIBCrQRKDANSTANG3A9GTUZGjE5WbApKDIBCjUdCP AdGrIJGfApG3EFG3UZGHEVWbEtG7AlGbUdCrEZGTEVGXARCTAdCrgFa7cxezUNWHUZCvUdG7ANCXElSTE1G/QRGjEpGrIBGPAdWfEhGHAlWbEtG7AlWDUdC3EFCTUZC3E1G/ElWfERCfApCrQRCbE5 CPANWbEhG7UZCjE5iHY5ezcxWbUFWbApG7ARSTEBG/EdWfE1GjUdKHEdCrApSTElGnQRKDIBSTANG7ANCPUZCnAlGnANCPUZCXIBCrEtWfE9CrUdC3EFCTARGXU1WbApKDIBCjUdGXQRCjAlCvERCr QRCrAZGHANWbANCbEVGvUdGjEZG7IFSTANG7AdWfApGHARCTAtCrApGXcxezY9iHQNW7UdC3EFCTARSTApCbEFCPUZC/ARCPEhWfIBGHANWbAZGTUZGLERGXEZWfApGbEhGjANGvEdCPAliHY5ezcx WjUFWbEhG/ElSTEVCnEZCPE5CfApCrQRGXARGHExWbEdCrUZCPEtKLQRGjIBCjUdCbAdCnE5CPAdCPQRCrEVCrERCPEhW3UZGvE5CnQRCrE5GHARKLAhWfEVGDApG/QRGXE1GLENWbANWfAVGfIBGn EhWfANGTE5CrQRGnAlGjUdCPEhGjA1STEhCfANGDUZCrAlG/A9WfApCzERWbAVCnE9GnUdGnANCPElGbApWbANG3EpSTE1GnEpGTARSTE1GnEpGTARWL

Translation:

hello and good fight

my death has indeed sent the enemy down the wrong paths as we hoped

but they are on your paths now and it is time to find seclusion of your treasures

1: i have no advice for you, you know best what to do

2: for you it must be in that great city of yours. find a quiet spot away from the tourists

3: your spot must not be near trafalgar

4: the furthest from us all and perhaps safest. you should also find a quiet spot but stay away from the crow eaters and never never.

[Edited on 5^23^04 by Quicksilver]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
some real info finally. If the rings are real (3 anyway)...

1 is putting his word online, I hope whoever finds it gets a real ring.
2 is in NY and is hiding his away from tourists.
3 is in London and will not hide his near Trafalgar Square.
4 is in Austrailia and will not hide his in Crow Eaters or Never Never Providences.

0 is "UNCLE" and he is guiding the4.

So what next... Wanna work on those old clues on Purdues site that havent been cracked.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Some speculation:

Could Simon be Uncle Jeff? He did mention in his first post that when Uncle Jeff "died", he was gone for awhile and many people on ATS thought he was dead. Granted, why would Simon write himself a letter? Split personalities?
I find it interesting that their communications talk nothing of Simon, only of each other and "uncle".

I noticed that 1's message is dated "4.09.04:11:12UDT ". What is UDT? Is that another name for GMT (also known as UTC). Maybe these guys are military (Underwater Demolition Team - precursor to SEALs)

[Edited on 5/23/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
UDT is Universal Decimal Time, although I'm not sure that that's what's intended here.

P.S. Or it might mean www.universal-time.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Universal Date & Time

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
UDT Under Deck Tonnage
UDT Under Declaration of Trust
UDT Underwater Demolition Team (US Navy SEALs)
UDT Uni�o Democr�tica Timorense (Timor Democratic Union, East Timor)
UDT Uniform Data Transfer (COM-based technologies)
UDT Unit Data Message (SS7)
UDT Unstructured Data Structure
UDT Uridine Diphosphate-N-Acetylgulucosamine Transferase
UDT User Data Type (Microsoft)
UDT User Defined Type
UDT User-Defined Table

Nothing about time...
Probably related to transfer protocols.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Between the end of WWII and the first formalized training classes on both coasts, replacements for UDT were recruited by Team members from other commands, given a swim test, then ordered to a UDT for on-the-job training. When enough of these men had accumulated, 30-40, the UDTs conducted a Hell Week. Survivors then officially became UDT members.

A significant number of UDT men during the period between WWII and Korea did not go through formalized training. In fact, the COs of UDT 1 (David F. �Kelly� Welch) and UDT 3 (William R. McKinney) had no experience in UDT prior to being ordered into their commands. Both went on to become admirals.

from navyseals.com
Could uncle be ex-Navy Seals

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
PLAN AHEA
D

It's definitely a time code.

I know two of the named and pictured target cities very well. If it transpires that it is necessary to physically get to them to retrieve a ring (like in the 'not near Trafalgar' clue) rather than virtually, I could get to the site of the 2000 Olympics reasonably quickly, as a co-operative move, so long as it's by the end of July 2004.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i have family in new york i could get one of them to get it but they would think i was weird or i could go and visit them and find it.
hmm a place in nyc without tourists hmmm
well to narrow it down to an island definately staten, no maybe the board walk or the lighthouse i think there is a lighthouse at staten and im pretty sure there is a boardwalk there, isnt there a place at staten called staten view park thats pretty quiet
u new yackers shud know anyone from new york
hmmm
1= someone i dun think it is redwolf 2 anymore
2=skepticoverlord he lives in nyc
3=jim buntz but he is in toronto so i wud say it is a mod in london
4=estragon or kano

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by machinegunjordan]

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I live in australia... in perth which is the capital of western australia... on the other side of the friggin country to Sydney! AHH!! LOL! No matter... i have been looking at flights and # anyway... $300AUD from here to sydney and back...
LOL! Thats if u only spend 24 hours there... so go at 11 o'clock at night... arrive early morning... catch the plane back to perth at 11 o'clock that night... LOL! I am SO sad...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
1. Virtual
2. NY
3. LONDON, a picture of Big Ben. Not near Trafalgar.
Well Trafalgar is off the coast of Cadiz in southern Spain, the battle of Trafalgar was there. And Trafalgar Square isn't near Trafalgar. Also Trafalgar Square and Big Ben are at opposite ends of the same road, Whitehall.
4. Crow eaters refers to people from south Australia. Never never. I was thinking Peter Pan connection here, possibly a theme park called dreamworld in Queensland, they describe themselves as never land. Never Never Land was also a term used to describe the outback. Or maybe our aussie friends could find a better Peter Pan link to Sydney.

Incidently, I believe there is a statue of a roman emperor in Trafalgar Square. Outside the National Museum I'll check it out tomorrow.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Smudge]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
A new piece of the puzzle thread/clue

Originally posted by SimonGray

AxGTIJGDE5WbANG3EpSTEZG/EFGPUZCrIBGfAxCPgFa7cxezA9GDUZCjERGXEhG/UZCzEhCPQRKDIBCjERGnAhWfANCfE1CrQRCPE5CfUdGnEJGTIFGvUdGrEFCbIBSTANG7AdWfAdGbE5KDAlWfAZ CPANG7EVWfEVGXUdCfAdWfE5GHAdGnAhezcxa/gFGTEdCPUZGjE9GnEtWfEVGbERWbEFG3UZGvE5CnEZWfAZCPANG7EVWfIBGHAZWbANG3EpSTIBCrQRKDANSTANG3A9GTUZGjE5WbApKDIBCjUdCP AdGrIJGfApG3EFG3UZGHEVWbEtG7AlGbUdCrEZGTEVGXARCTAdCrgFa7cxezUNWHUZCvUdG7ANCXElSTE1G/QRGjEpGrIBGPAdWfEhGHAlWbEtG7AlWDUdC3EFCTUZC3E1G/ElWfERCfApCrQRCbE5 CPANWbEhG7UZCjE5iHY5ezcxWbUFWbApG7ARSTEBG/EdWfE1GjUdKHEdCrApSTElGnQRKDIBSTANG7ANCPUZCnAlGnANCPUZCXIBCrEtWfE9CrUdC3EFCTARGXU1WbApKDIBCjUdGXQRCjAlCvERCr QRCrAZGHANWbANCbEVGvUdGjEZG7IFSTANG7AdWfApGHARCTAtCrApGXcxezY9iHQNW7UdC3EFCTARSTApCbEFCPUZC/ARCPEhWfIBGHANWbAZGTUZGLERGXEZWfApGbEhGjANGvEdCPAliHY5ezcx WjUFWbEhG/ElSTEVCnEZCPE5CfApCrQRGXARGHExWbEdCrUZCPEtKLQRGjIBCjUdCbAdCnE5CPAdCPQRCrEVCrERCPEhW3UZGvE5CnQRCrE5GHARKLAhWfEVGDApG/QRGXE1GLENWbANWfAVGfIBGn EhWfANGTE5CrQRGnAlGjUdCPEhGjA1STEhCfANGDUZCrAlG/A9WfApCzERWbAVCnE9GnUdGnANCPElGbApWbANG3EpSTE1GnEpGTARSTE1GnEpGTARWL

Translation:

hello and good fight

my death has indeed sent the enemy down the wrong paths as we hoped

but they are on your paths now and it is time to find seclusion of your treasures

1: i have no advice for you, you know best what to do

2: for you it must be in that great city of yours. find a quiet spot away from the tourists

3: your spot must not be near trafalgar

4: the furthest from us all and perhaps safest. you should also find a quiet spot but stay away from the crow eaters and never never.

In regards to number 4... i live in australia and had to bloody google these terms! LOL! Well a "Crow Eater" is the term u give someone, from South Australia, i think it may have something to do with football (Australian Football League " football), as Adelaide's team is called "The Adelaide Crows"... but then THAT may have come from somewhere else! LOL!
(You scooped me here smudge...! LOL!)

"Never Never"... i think indicates the Northern Territory... there was/is a tourism advertising campaign for the Northern Territory with the slogan "U'll never never know... if u never never go..." LOL! VERY VERY LAME! But again, i don't know where the "never never" bit came from.
"We are the Never Never" is a book by Aeneas Gunn, which documents her time as the wife of the manager of Elsey Station (Ranch/farm... LOL!), is another location where "never never" is used...

Heres the links to a map web.usf.edu...

So this clue indicates that the rings are NOT in either the Northern Territory or South Australia... mayby the picture of the Sydney Opera House... was just indicating which country the ring could be in... the Sydney Opera House is world renowned... "Ooo thats in Australia...??" Australia has 7 states... so 5 left: New South Wales, QueensLand, Victoria, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)

The State i live in is Western Australia... in the capital city... Perth... i have heard that Perth is the most isolated captial city in the world... perhaps the perfect place to hide an item of great importance??

But then again...
LOL!

[Edited on 25/5/2004 by jameo131i]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The State i live in is Western Australia... in the capital city... Perth... i have heard that Perth is the most isolated captial city in the world... perhaps the perfect place to hide an item of great importance??

hmm thats why its so hard to take austrailia in Risk. One way in and one way out... arrg

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">web.archive.org...://abovetopsecret.com/ look at the bottom

Even back in 1999 the webmaster was Simon Gray...hmm

[Edited on 5/25/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">web.archive.org...://abovetopsecret.com/ look at the bottom

Even back in 1999 the webmaster was Simon Gray...hmm

Yes, but for about a month in '98, the domain existed as just a blank black page...

And then it wasn't until october of '99 that any actual content appeared on the site..almost a year that the domain existed without anything on it....a little curious, but still...it may have no signifigance at all....

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Daedalus]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann

hmm thats why its so hard to take austrailia in Risk. One way in and one way out... arrg

HUH??

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am 30 minute from NY. Time doesn't let me follow this too closely. Let me know if someone needs me - I'll go and get it to the one who sends me.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
Yes, but for about a month in '98, the domain existed as just a blank black page...

And then it wasn't until october of '99 that any actual content appeared on the site..almost a year that the domain existed without anything on it....a little curious, but still...it may have no signifigance at all....

Well, my old domain, The-Dome, I bought in 1995 and no site or public content was on it untill the start of 2000.

As you said, it could have no importance.

What else is speculated is that Simon might be Uncle ...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by Daedalus

Well, my old domain, The-Dome, I bought in 1995 and no site or public content was on it untill the start of 2000.

As you said, it could have no importance.

What else is speculated is that Simon might be Uncle ...

no, it may have no importance..but it lends to the credibility of the earlier story..

anyway, yes it's a safe assumption that simon is uncle...seeing as how this is his bloody game..

new topics

top topics

join