It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with all religion!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Well I was faced with a dilemma while replying. Perhaps I should have thrown out the entire post as you "not being serious" then, I mean the first part makes about as sense as your South Park riffraff.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, to the OP: TaraLou, and everyone else who posted in this topic....I just want to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

May the Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ, whose birth we choose to celebrate on this day, be with you all and your families. Be safe in your travels and be sure to:

~ Kiss and hug your spouse and kids, and tell them you love them.

~ Eat more than you should and be merry with friends and family.

~ Love life and family and friends, and be thankful at how blessed you are to have them.

~ And again, be safe, and be joyous at the news of Jesus' birth.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
AMEN.

We don't need religion.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TrailGator

Dangit TrailGator, you beat me to it.

Merry Christmas Athiests

And a Happy New Year.

God bless you all!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well most people posting to this topic in my opinion have it quite wrong. I am not religious but I know religion in certainly not the problem nor the cause, the problem is also not people in general nor any war like characteristics. People can be stupid for sure but also overall forgiving and peaceful.

What causes war is simply the manipulations of the illuminati political and financial elite which uses war to divide people, maintain fear and control, and to destroy sovereignty which societies normally gravitate toward. In this game of war religion is sometimes used as a false cause but it is religion which is the illuminatie's biggest scapegoat. By setting up and blaming religion for the worlds problems they take the eyes of society off of them--The real problem--And by blaming religion they create a false enemy for people to hate and which they themselves can then replace and "save" the world from. This is an old game at hand. For example when the roman empire couldn't control and conquer Christianity they took it over creating the roman catholic church.

Here's a great video illustrating this from Chris White's perspective:

Religious Wars, Fact or Fiction?

www.youtube.com...

Here's some great info from a comment on YouTube:

moonlightbateman (September 09, 2009)
A recent comprehensive compilation of the history of human warfare, Encyclopedia of Wars by Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod documents 1763 wars, of which 123 have been classified to involve a religious conflict. So, what atheists have considered to be "most" really amounts to less than 7% of all wars. It is interesting to note that 66 of these wars (more than 50%) involved Islam, and of the 17 wars the US has fought in, only 1 (the war on terror) had a religious component.

If you want to spend the time to understand this topic in much more detail check out this video. This should be totally new and eye opening for most people trained on public education history books. You'll see how war is manuafactured like theatre and sovereign nations detroyed and controlled:

1932, A True History of the United States

www.youtube.com...

There's a book by a researcher about how people are basically good and resolve conflicts naturally... backed up by tons of data and science. I can't remember the name though... if it comes to me I'll post it here.

Note: anyone know why the ATS forum is inserting a "\" after the YouTube video numbers when you try to embed a YouTube video? It's causing the embedded videos not to work, so I've just included plain links above.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by nostrovia]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
How come the one whom claim to be the most saint of his religion can get pulled down like a simple mortal

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nostrovia

You are so right. 100%

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Actually with good comes evil. Without Evil there would be no good. God, if there is such a being, had to have created all that is good, right? And if there can't be good without evil, why does another All mighty Being have to take the credit, if you will, that God can't take. Will that make Him look bad? Sure, that's why He created the Devil. Think about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A lot of ats are completely anti religious. The thing is this. Man created religion. Which has faults. Why? because man has faults. We created what we see through books of ancient prophets and saw things the way we think they are and ment for. For example. Mary megadalene wasn't even mention by name when the bible was refreeing to the whore who repent. So how is this true? anyways. What I'm saying is that it's done in mans interpatation. That's the problem and the ONLY problem.

What people forget is that there are plenty of miracles that happen throughout the world. Not just that but people are so afraid of the term spirituality and have a hard time accepting it and or understanding this.

For once all things religious should be taken through spirituality. Only those who like the community of others as a Church synagog or other places of worship should partake into religion as a means of discipline spiritual acceptance and the balance of an inner ego.

Many people have stopped drugs over the name of Jesus. Many people find spiritual enlightenment through Buddah. Some people think the pillars of God is the code of life through Islam.

WHAT PEOPLE FORGET IS THAT THEY CAN CHOOSE, MIX AND MATCH THERE BELIEFS INTO THEIR SYSTEM OF THINKING THAT MAKES THEM LOVE LIFE AND ACCEPT A SPIRITUAL PATH THAT FITS THEM AND THEM ALONE!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Watching the Discovery channel shows how anti God our culture is. What are people actually afraid of. Are they afraid we may be right, or are people afraid that they will prayed for?
I have sympathy for your closed mind, but remember that religion, especially a peaceful religion like christianity poses you little to no threat.

how exactly is christianinty peaceful?? for petes sake you killed your own deity!!! how is that peaceful. and in case you hadnt noticed, the religious wars today are mostly between christianity and muslims,afterall the yanks proclaim to have the biggest christian beliefs of all. so yanks destroying middle east is peaceful is it, you need to wake up and smell the coffee beans mate!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by needarolly
reply to post by russ212

Watching the Discovery channel shows how anti God our culture is. What are people actually afraid of. Are they afraid we may be right, or are people afraid that they will prayed for?
I have sympathy for your closed mind, but remember that religion, especially a peaceful religion like christianity poses you little to no threat.

how exactly is christianinty peaceful?? for petes sake you killed your own deity!!! how is that peaceful. and in case you hadnt noticed, the religious wars today are mostly between christianity and muslims,afterall the yanks proclaim to have the biggest christian beliefs of all. so yanks destroying middle east is peaceful is it, you need to wake up and smell the coffee beans mate!!!!

You have been planted with a seed. If you could think into it enough, you would see that not religion or money or anything else is to blame for others actions except for sin. The very thing Jesus warned us to avoid. All malice comes from the heart and mind, it doesn't come from religion, it doesn't come from paper, look at the underlying causes that is the common root. We have freewill, we all don't always make the right choices. In one time or another in life, every person is tempted by Satan, he will tempt the mind and heart, the ball is in our court though on what we do. Blame Satan and his false teachers and spirits and our own weaknesses and imperfections to be lured.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

i take it your religious? if so i feel sorry for you. the power to change the world lies in us not religion or satan,i bugs me (i aint religious) when people blame everything that goes wrong on satan,we have done this to our selves cos we live in hope for christs reteurn,NO one is immortal. we have been blinded from the truth by people 2000 yrs ago that wanted conrtol of the masses. the chiurch drove out magick cos i deemed it to powerful for human minds to handle, even the bloody church (i mean that litterally, all those thatbelieved in the powers of nature and the planet, were executed for their beliefs) uses magick if absolutely neede??? yes exorcism!!!! if that aint ruddy magick then iam roy chubby brown. 2000 yrs on and we understand better the laws of nature, some better than others admittedly. however, feck god and his ruthless followers.kill those that dont believe, we all know how friday the 13th came about, afterall christians and muslims alike kill others because they dont beleve in what they believe in, i believe that human beings were meant to control the planet and all its wonders. the church has done its best to keep this from us,,,, it has lied time and time again, it can no longer keep it up, afterall they has to succumb to the use of contraceptives, cos if it didnt it would have lost its followers, and for those of you that believe in the bible and crewationism, well poor you, cos that states that we have only existed for 7000 yrs and the dinosaurs never existed, BOLLOCKs!!!! the hardest thing to fake in this world is the marrow of a bone. does that not tell you something!!! come on people. the devils best weapon is to get you to believe he dont exist, if so thru the bible he has done so, by making you believe WE have only existed for 7000 yrs. codswollop!! lets get one thing straight.............we own this planet not god!!! afterall devilor no devil,god or no god, positive and negative exist toghether because they need to, you cant have one without the other, isnt that how it goes. science holds the answers, we cant discover # if it is already there, can we... we dont discover anything, we just usually stumble across it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by needarolly
reply to post by Moonman1111

i take it your religious? if so i feel sorry for you. the power to change the world lies in us not religion or satan,i bugs me (i aint religious) when people blame everything that goes wrong on satan,we have done this to our selves cos we live in hope for christs reteurn,NO one is immortal. we have been blinded from the truth by people 2000 yrs ago that wanted conrtol of the masses. the chiurch drove out magick cos i deemed it to powerful for human minds to handle, even the bloody church (i mean that litterally, all those thatbelieved in the powers of nature and the planet, were executed for their beliefs) uses magick if absolutely neede??? yes exorcism!!!! if that aint ruddy magick then iam roy chubby brown. 2000 yrs on and we understand better the laws of nature, some better than others admittedly. however, feck god and his ruthless followers.kill those that dont believe, we all know how friday the 13th came about, afterall christians and muslims alike kill others because they dont beleve in what they believe in, i believe that human beings were meant to control the planet and all its wonders. the church has done its best to keep this from us,,,, it has lied time and time again, it can no longer keep it up, afterall they has to succumb to the use of contraceptives, cos if it didnt it would have lost its followers, and for those of you that believe in the bible and crewationism, well poor you, cos that states that we have only existed for 7000 yrs and the dinosaurs never existed, BOLLOCKs!!!! the hardest thing to fake in this world is the marrow of a bone. does that not tell you something!!! come on people. the devils best weapon is to get you to believe he dont exist, if so thru the bible he has done so, by making you believe WE have only existed for 7000 yrs. codswollop!! lets get one thing straight.............we own this planet not god!!! afterall devilor no devil,god or no god, positive and negative exist toghether because they need to, you cant have one without the other, isnt that how it goes. science holds the answers, we cant discover # if it is already there, can we... we dont discover anything, we just usually stumble across it.

Yeaaaah ok sure

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I agree with the thread master! I haven't read the whole thread because I know that I'll probably get angry, but I do agree. I don't hate religion, but I do wish that it would all end and we could just search for the real truth of the universe.

I mean, isn't religion a bit dated now anyway? It's such a primitive way of life to me, bu i don't want to offend anyone in the God squad. I do know that I've felt threatened by the Religious in the past, especially in the street when you get some one eyed drunk with a bible shoving his face into yours, spit flying everywhere.

I have nothing against the Religious if they respect the fact that I have no desire to be a part of something so unreal. Where's the proof of it all? The bible? It was written by man! That's not proof of anything! It would be like me believing in the Cthulhu because I read the Call of Cthulhu, or how about the war between man and the giant crabs in Guy N. Smith's series of books starting with Night of the Crabs or whatever it was.

This has probably been said before anyway, but I had to say it too, even if I am just repeating myself.

Rama D. Filofax on famous literature

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join