It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with all religion!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

It doesn't make more right...or more wrong...The bible reflects life...that passage reflects life...People are hypocrits and often times judge others for the same things that they do....It's like parents with their "do as I say not as I do" mentality....

Whether you believe the bible is the living Word of God or not, it nonetheless has valuable lessons that apply to everyday life.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Fine, No christmas presents for you.
arsehole.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

i see what you mean.... i suppose i just can't grasp that concept because i don't have that. "mine is better than yours" state of mind.

i agree with your post entirely and thank you for such insight

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
your not the first and wont be the last to say these things...but it goes without saying...obviously we should get along...we shouldnt kill...there should be no war....but thats in a perfect world....and we dont live in one of them do we....this post is pointless and boring although i agree with it....it changes nothing and is no different to what people have been saying for over a century.

as for religion...its not always the number one reason for war....these days its oil (we are running out of oil and if our governments need to take over a country to get their oil they will)..., money (governments can make huge profits from wars).....prevention of advancement (if 1 country is beginning to develop new things like nuclear weapons...another country mite try to stop them)

religion is the morons reason to fight

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

But are you sure they are making up an excuse? When they pray and whatnot they look serious as hell to me. If they are so religious how can they justify what they do? I'm sorry I'm done on this thread. There is no sense in discussing any of this as all it brings is depression. So i will leave this thread and bid you all a good day.
Have a happy arguing and a Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
To everything there is checks and balances. Religion is part of that. Often people like to spout about how religion is the reason the advancement of science is slowed. To that I say so it should be. Not because I think we should not advance, but because sometimes we advance without asking the important question of should we? Science gave us the atomic bomb. Care to see what the creators thought about it after they made it and tested it?

Upon witnessing the explosion, its creators had mixed reactions. Isidor Rabi felt that the equilibrium in nature had been upset as if humankind had become a threat to the world it inhabited. Robert Oppenheimer, though ecstatic about the success of the project, quoted a remembered fragment from the Bhagavad Gita. "I am become Death," he said, "the destroyer of worlds." Ken Bainbridge, the test director, told Oppenheimer, "Now we're all sons of bitches." After viewing the results several participants signed petitions against loosing the monster they had created, but their protests fell on deaf ears. The Jornada del Muerto of New Mexico would not be the last site on planet Earth to experience an atomic explosion.

Source

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thunderabove

They do probably earnestly believe but probably based on no understanding. I agree - sometimes things like this can be discussed but mostly they end up going no-where (and proves the point that man likes to have a one-up-on-you type mentality.. lol). I'm with you, the best thing is wish all a Happy Christmas!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

Very altruistic of you. In the context of religion though should he not have been ignored for aspiring to be a "heathen" god ? (my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek here).

Regarding the thread topic. Control it is..however want to really confuse some people ?

Ask them if their (existing) belief would be as firm, or even there, if they'd been raised in a Hindu household (if christian) or the reverse or substitute Judaism or the multitude of other "true beliefs" and their splinter groups.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Attention Moderators!!!!!!
Why Is This Not In RANT?

Because it has the benefit of being true, lol

I know, I know... having the security blanket yanked away can be most disconcerting.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The "holy ghost." Enough said.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by bignick]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo
your not the first and wont be the last to say these things...but it goes without saying...obviously we should get along...we shouldnt kill...there should be no war....but thats in a perfect world....and we dont live in one of them do we....this post is pointless and boring although i agree with it....it changes nothing and is no different to what people have been saying for over a century.

as for religion...its not always the number one reason for war....these days its oil (we are running out of oil and if our governments need to take over a country to get their oil they will)..., money (governments can make huge profits from wars).....prevention of advancement (if 1 country is beginning to develop new things like nuclear weapons...another country mite try to stop them)

religion is the morons reason to fight

Why have they not taken Iraq's oil yet, since you so sure?

[edit on 19-12-2009 by bignick]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This thread really bothers me as far as peoples rights go. People have the right to believe what ever they want. People have the right to worship what ever they want to. I understand the reason separation of church and state which clearly is not there, but to end religion is to take away freedom.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It is not religion per se, but what man does with religion through his ego. Religion is the perfect tool for selfishness and control. I personally share your views, but if there were only religion and no ego it would not be a problem.

Religion-less countries like China and former USSR still have/had the terror and control without having religion.

The "my god is the right god, and you should must believe my way" rule has governed man forever and will not change in our lifetime. Mans manipulation of religion against humanity has lessened over the centuries, but we most likely have more control, murder, and subversion than any other time in history.

I wish people would come to see it my way, but that is just another form of egoic substantiation.

Believe me you will be better off knowing for yourself that you believe the "right" things if you withhold from forcing others to do the same.

Show people a better way through teaching what you know instead of attacking what you fear and feel is wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Almost right, the religion is based on a book , who nobody dare to question. Once people realize that the book is wrong, religion will starve to death.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It is hard for Christians to understand how atheists see religion - but here is an excellent demonstration of exactly what religion is those who think rather than have faith -

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTBAPRBR

Almost right, the religion is based on a book , who nobody dare to question. Once people realize that the book is wrong, religion will starve to death.

Some religions and especially older ones are not based on books or written word. You can still just simply talk to people.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Anyone who follows an organized religious institution is immature and needs to grow up. I feel sorry for them, I really do.

Following such false hope. Sigh.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
ACTUALLY! More people have been killed by atheists than all of the Crusades and religious wars EVER. If you dare look it up otherwise I WILL back up my claims.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
The bible reinforces strong morals...Is that a bad thing?

THOU SHALT NOT KILL
THOU SHALT NOT STEAL
THOU SHALT NOT...

[edit on 19-12-2009 by v01i0]

Isn't it funny Presidents and Prime Ministers are Christians and disobey nearly all Ten Commandments.

They don't follow it because they know the truth that the Bible is a form of mass control of population. To them its a laugh to see us all act the way we do over some book.

My personal bible is simple, "Be Nice in every aspect".

EDIT: Here is a clue/riddle:

Bible = Lé Bib
Freemasons are hung up, on that which hangs down.

[edit on 19/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
ACTUALLY! More people have been killed by atheists than all of the Crusades and religious wars EVER. If you dare look it up otherwise I WILL back up my claims.

I still feel we are holding abstract concepts to blame for human behavior.

To believe or not to believe, that is the question. Would either bring a perfect world without perfect people? Would a religion of belief or disbelief be as sweet?

It is, of course, far easier to blame the inanimate... the intangible and perhaps the immaterial for what we ourselves do regardless of these things. Men (as in mankind) have been inhumane to man since long before Christ or Muhammad.

If the simple minded can be led in the name of faith or any religion or ideology, to do ungodly things, it is not the act or the will of god that is to blame... but of those men who misled them.

Blaming religion is a cop-out to accepting responsibility. Humanity has a problem with ignorance and bad behavior... but blaming god makes our diner set a little better.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by redoubt]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join