It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with all religion!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Is this really necessary? Do we really need another thread based on this very subject? There are hundreds of them here on ATS not to mention a whole assortment of other forums and blogs you can express this very opinion on. If this is what you think, then fine, but can't you take your trolling elsewhere?

This isn't even a discussion! You state your opinion as if it is fact, and then leave it stand. It defeats the purpose of a "thread".

Or did I just lose the game because I fed the troll?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

I think that religion, a manmade tool to control people, is the number one reason why people in this world do not get on together.

By your own words, you have clearly shown that you are mistaken.

Religion by itself, cannot do a thing to harm anyone. It is man who corrupts and so too man you should be condemning, not his creations.

How can you hold a 'tool' responsible for anything? Will a screwdriver dissemble your dashboard without a human hand? Will a hammer drive a nail without a human at the controls?

Would you blame a a TV set for that which comes over it?

Will you blame the internet for this post that disagrees with you?

Religion can be good or bad but it has to be the human behind it that makes it so.

I believe in God but I hold no malice to you or anyone else. Should I be put to the stake? (I would appreciate an reply because if you plan to toast me, I would like enough warning to buy some SPF5000!)

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
I think that religion, a manmade tool to control people, is the number one reason why people in this world do not get on together.

It is the number one reason for wars - always has been.

Therefore, it is the number one reason for starvation and suffering.

And it is the number one reason for killing innocents - and I include soldiers in this.

Surely we should get on together and help each other, as human beings?

And surely we should try to save our planet?

Absolute rubbish!, why?

People are the cause of problems, not religion. FACT .. or are you going to say a religion has 2 legs and can cause harm on it's own?
Same as guns don't have inteligence. a person who shoots it does.
PEOPLE THAT DO BAD THINGS THEN BLAME RELIGION TO EXCUSE THEMSELVES FROM ACCOUNTABILITY!! ARE THE RETARDS.
People who bash religions in my opinion are stupid because ignorance is when you just dont know or have the info, but stupidity is when you don't know AND you don't give a crap.
so I think the OP needs a brain transplant from a monkey then he would sure be smarter than he is now.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Religion will never leave... beause pain and suffering will never leave.

Religion is an inevitible product of a sentient species.

I would agree that religion solves a problem that arises as a result of gaining self-awareness. However, it is not the only solution and the fact that many people have successfully transitioned beyond religion is proof that anyone can. People are afraid of death and they are afraid that their lives have no purpose. They are worried about good people dying and bad people prospering. Some cannot even understand the inherent worth of right or wrong (morality) without some higher being enforcing the rules. Religion is a lie that allows them to accept all these things. A lot of people need religion because they can't define and accept the world without it.

The leaders of these institutions use religion to control their followers. Laws control some of your actions and religion is used to control your thoughts and the moral/immoral actions that the law cannot touch.

A good example is the Christian obsession with who other people marry. First, they made it illegal for people to marry other races and now the main issue seems to be gay marriage. They think that someone else's relationship somehow diminishes the value of their own marriage. That's something that I really can't understand.

Source

Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967)[1], was a landmark civil rights case in which the United States Supreme Court, by a 9-0 vote, declared Virginia's anti-miscegenation statute, the "Racial Integrity Act of 1924", unconstitutional, thereby overturning Pace v. Alabama (1883) and ending all race-based legal restrictions on marriage in the United States.

Here's what the trial judge (who was later overturned) thought:

The trial judge in the case, Leon Bazile, echoing Johann Friedrich Blumenbach's 18th-century interpretation of race, proclaimed that “ Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

It must be quite a power trip to not only think that you not only know "God's Will" but also have the means to enforce it through the courts. That's the enticement of the religion - the inherent authority that comes with the delusion.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

I must disagree. Though yes it is humans that are the doers of evil deeds, these evil deeds are done in the name of religion.

I cannot agree with the op more. Down with religion, down with lies, down with 1/3 of the corruption in the world.

I am strictly a realist. Show me an ounce of proof and turn religion into what the less intelligent people believe it actually is, and i will show you a believer.

See, without religion we wouldn't have had the Dark Ages. Without "religious morals" we wouldn't have limits as to what we could scientifically do to better mankind.

Without religion we would have one less things setting us apart as human beings. And that is exactly what we need. To realize we are all human beings, and to stop creating things to set us apart from one another and focusing on our differences and to start focusing on the similarities. Because we're all in this together

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Majority of people are not killed in the name of religion, get your statistics right before you engage in your rebellious and insignificant rant.

“In the end it comes to this, that if you want to exorcize conflict then erase history and eliminate difference. But be well assured that any such policy will be the occasion of the most ferocious conflict.” 1 The godless ideologies of communism and fascism killed their scores of millions, and now they, in their turn, are dead. But godlessness is not dead in the postmodern West.

Far from it. It has merely abandoned its own former metanarratives. The new version of secularism, though, is every bit as bossy as its communist and fascist predecessors; it has become what I have called elsewhere the 'metanarrative of antimetanarrativism' and the 'absolutising of relativism' 2 — not simply a denial of meaning, but a denial to which all must submit."

As much dislike or hatred you seem to portray towards the face of religions you certainly have forgotten to evaluate humans in their own time of neglect and wrong decision making without entailing religion. Let's recall something like Hiroshima bombing? So I am guessing it was right to bomb a nation because our faith in democracy and freedom entailed us to do so.

Where is the correlation between religion and political motive of desperation here?

Surely religion has caused some turbulence amongst nations, but it has also taught people how to commune with one another and make right decisions, we need balance in the world of people freedom to exercise whatever religion they desire and try and resolve our differences in a professional dialog manner.

Belief in our political systems that we abide faithfully is much more dangerous than a multitude of religions.

Source

[edit on 12/19/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Pol Pot, Stalin, Idi Amin, and Chairman Mao already had your idea. Perhaps you could learn a lesson from history to see how Godless leaders operate, and how many millions of people died as a result. Also, how many of the murders in the US are attributed to religion??? Last I checked, kids are killing each other for shoes, and ipods.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dproblem

www.sammitysamtv.com... check out the forum with conspiracy alien, ufos, forbidden knowledge, and many more interesting and compelling topics. join and peeps it out all topics and threads have full length movies and vids on the subject or visit www.justin.tv/sammitysam3 to watch movies on the topics

and please report that guy. all of his posts are the same

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Pol Pot, Stalin, Idi Amin, and Chairman Mao already had your idea. Perhaps you could learn a lesson from history to see how Godless leaders operate, and how many millions of people died as a result. Also, how many of the murders in the US are attributed to religion??? Last I checked, kids are killing each other for shoes, and ipods.

That is BS. These weren't "Godless" leaders - all they did was transform worship of God into worship of the state. That is a religion no different from any other. They didn't destroy religion - they used it to their advantage. There's no difference between an authority figure claiming to know God's will and an authority figure claiming to be God.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunderabove
reply to post by antideceit

I must disagree. Though yes it is humans that are the doers of evil deeds, these evil deeds are done in the name of religion.

I cannot agree with the op more. Down with religion, down with lies, down with 1/3 of the corruption in the world.

I am strictly a realist. Show me an ounce of proof and turn religion into what the less intelligent people believe it actually is, and i will show you a believer.

See, without religion we wouldn't have had the Dark Ages. Without "religious morals" we wouldn't have limits as to what we could scientifically do to better mankind.

Without religion we would have one less things setting us apart as human beings. And that is exactly what we need. To realize we are all human beings, and to stop creating things to set us apart from one another and focusing on our differences and to start focusing on the similarities. Because we're all in this together

You just proved my point completely, "done in the name of religion" but the doer is well aware that the religion he is using to mask his evil deeds is not actually the cause, but his own evil ways are the source.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'll have to agree that it is the human being which is responsible for all the evil deeds in the world.

However; religion does shape the form of human minds, thus making them the people they are.

(I'll have to back up, as there are people who have knowledge that are far greater than mine which is capable of bringing this debate further.)

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou

It is the number one reason for wars - always has been.

Therefore, it is the number one reason for starvation and suffering.

And it is the number one reason for killing innocents - and I include soldiers in this.

Surely we should get on together and help each other, as human beings?

And surely we should try to save our planet?

this is all opinon, how about some hard evidence..

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Pretty sad post - pretty sad outlook on life to be honest.

I'd say that this is no different to religion. We'll call it an 'anti-religion' religion.

To believe that man would not fight, kill, steal etc. if there was no religion is quite sad and naive.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice
you certainly have forgotten to evaluate humans in their own time of neglect and wrong decision making without entailing religion. Let's recall something like Hiroshima bombing? So I am guessing it was right to bomb a nation because our faith in democracy and freedom entailed us to do so.

Where is the correlation between religion and political motive of desperation here?

Surely religion has caused some turbulence amongst nations, but it has also taught people how to commune with one another and make right decisions, we need balance in the world of people freedom to exercise whatever religion they desire and try and resolve our differences in a professional dialog manner.

Belief in our political systems that we abide faithfully is much more dangerous than a multitude of religions.

"stop creating things to set us apart from one another" i said that in my last post. I suppose i should have elaborated on it and included blind faith in anything. Including but not limited to: Religion and Gov't.

No, all religion has ever done is create differences between people that are the same.
"Oh, you can't date her, she's not Jewish!" (Quote from my mother)
All religion does is teach people to hate others that are different from themselves, when all I'm trying to get across is that we need to all join together.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit
[

You just proved my point completely, "done in the name of religion" but the doer is well aware that the religion he is using to mask his evil deeds is not actually the cause, but his own evil ways are the source.

This is an absurd statement. I don't even know how to respond to this. My head is going to nuts to think of any specific names but you are saying that the terrorist muslims that are doing everyting for allah are actually not doing it for allah? bollocks

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A lot of people are happy with the concept of religion. Lets be honest. almost everyone who isn't trying to hate are happy and would like to be left alone. What most religion conceal the idea that God can be given to anyone. I can create a church in my house as anyone else can. The church is us obviously. Were all in that frame of mind in religion. Sorry to say religion isn't the answer. it's self enlightenment and the better of ourselves. But when you have christians holding up signs that God hates fags and muslims blowing people up you will never find the answer. I see more harmony with Buddahist and hindus than I do with Christians, jewish and islam.

The problem is the 3. thats the truth. CJI is the problem and other religions have pretty much been in some sort of harmony. When I mention these I ment all the realms within them

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

"stop creating things to set us apart from one another" i said that in my last post. I suppose i should have elaborated on it and included blind faith in anything. Including but not limited to: Religion and Gov't.

No, all religion has ever done is create differences between people that are the same.
"Oh, you can't date her, she's not Jewish!" (Quote from my mother)
All religion does is teach people to hate others that are different from themselves, when all I'm trying to get across is that we need to all join together.

I will stand firm by my statement; show me the statistics where religion has caused more harm and death than anything else, period.

[edit on 12/19/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thunderabove

That's not religion - it's man making up an excuse!

When I was younger I would have the conversations with my friends that went something like "my Dad earns more than you Dad"...... "no my Dad earns more than yours"..... and as you get a bit older it goes " my car is faster than yours".... "no - mine is faster and better than yours"....

Man simply divides itself and it's very sad. It's done in religion, it's done in politics, it's done in family, it's done in race, it's done in creed, it's done in all aspects of life and has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with how selfish and ignorant man can be.

However, man can also be hugely compassionate, sensitive and loving and those are the things that should be focused on which will then infiltrate into all other aspects of our lives.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

I see how arrogant are we becoming. Some of us start feeling they don't need God. I am christian and I am aware this moment was about to come, we have been prevented. It is just another step in the evolution of this planet.

Soon your false mesiah will be declared and you might be following him in retribution for a promise of a better life.

Far away and long time ago, same thing happened with the so called "grays", one day they thought there is no need to believe in God, and product of that they lost their connection with The Divinity. Now they are here trying to create an hybrid in order to continue evolution and avoid their own extintion. YOU CAN'T CHEAT.

You see, God is an universal concept and Jesuschrist is known and recognized as a savior in the entire Universe.

Jesuschrist is THE ONLY WAY, He is real and his judgement will happen. You don't need to go church if you don't want, but don't even think you don't need him.

Regarding other faiths...with all respect, I don't believe them.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join