It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with all religion!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

its all a crock of bs. ALL OF IT so i do agree, that is why i had to link or bring into the topic money.

both are as bad as each other, they are the yin and yang of a stupid person.

and the chains of one that has no choice to be in chained by it.

1 person vs 6 billon :/ not good at all lol

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

Originally posted by notsympl

he/she needs swimmies

[edit on 19-12-2009 by notsympl]

Here we have such a clever person. This person puts another member on the ignore list and then attacks this member via second person. Very clever!

Originally posted by notsympl
reply to post by 13579

read a whole post and you wouldn't have to ask a rhetorical question.

no need to respond you are now on my ignore list.

Can I get on to your ignore list also, a pretty please?!

By the way - we have freedom of speech, and that means we can be critical towards religions of any specific type. If I feel that believing in such and such thing is a stupid thing to do, I can express it.

If you are strong in your faith, you won't get offended if you are critisized.

-v

[edit on 19-12-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

way to add content.

obviously, i share the same problem with someone else.

no problem.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Your dialogue has no relevance to what I was saying....

John 4 says that God is spirit and does not reside in a physical body. So, that alone discounts the "man in the sky" version that atheists seem to think every religious individual abides by.

The physical body reflects God's image in that it is intertwined. We are spiritually and physically living. God is by nature a rational being. He operates by the laws of logic, in that logic and rationale are the outflow of His will. Man exhibits both the capacity for rational and logical thinking processes. Man is aware of his surroundings and able to make decisions rather than relying on instinct.

And the last comment I will make to substantiate the claim that man is made in God's image will be most likely the one you decide to reply to. Man is clearly made in God's image because we are the only ones with the ability to recognise Him and fellowship with Him.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

did you see that also? i asked a simple question, what am i leading people away from?

yet all i got was dont ask as put on ignore?

funny maybe i hit a nerv? maybe if i keep pushing someone will blow something up?

thats how it works "IGNORE IM RIGHT DONT ASK" ok now your insulting my GOD

no wonder the world is in a craphole.. they just proved the OP was right.

petty really..

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
there is no god.

religion is used to make people feel better.

war predates religion.

your thread reeks of stupidity.

Lets be honest here, you don't give a # about the people dieing. your just trying to act all self righteous. all those people dieing because of religion, let them die. atleast they die thinking they will go to heaven or whatever.

even without religion people will die from all those causes.

and you dumb asses ignoring each other. i believe the slogan of ATS is deny ignorance. not ignore that which you disagree with.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

But i dont need to read the bible to get guidence i have gps?

Dont you see by doint qoutes your proving me and others "mainly the op
" that he is right?

GOD did not right that JOHN DID for all i know john could be my milk man?

servitude is no exuse for free thinking.. more so when you base it on another mans way of thinking..

if that was the case the world would still be flat. "because he said so"

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Besides for the first line...and perhaps a rephrasing of the second line...I agree

link   
Communism is the pinnacle governmental system of "No Religion", and yet it is responsible for massive amounts of violence since its inception. How does a figure of 85,000,000 to 100.000.000 deaths suit your fancy?

link   
reply to post by 13579

Actually, per the BIBLE...the earth is round

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by v01i0

did you see that also? i asked a simple question, what am i leading people away from?

yet all i got was dont ask as put on ignore?

funny maybe i hit a nerv? maybe if i keep pushing someone will blow something up?

thats how it works "IGNORE IM RIGHT DONT ASK" ok now your insulting my GOD

no wonder the world is in a craphole.. they just proved the OP was right.

petty really..

Yeah, saw it. Such a decent way to behave on discussion forums. I think that those people would use any means to keep their eyes closed, even if it means blinding ignorance.

Nevertheless, I don't wholly agree with the OP. Religions (nor ideologies) are not to blame. They are the people who choose to believe in those who are to blame. So, we can only blame ourselves if we want to get fooled.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate the discussion that the OP provoked.

-v

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I agree, but i dont ignore anyone.. just shows a lack of respect imo for other peoples way of thinking.

Thats why its called a "debate" and not "im right jack" kinda thing plus its petty.

but i agree is its sad to see the undercover bible people come out and ignore us fellow "sinners" just because we think that god is a crock of bs made by man to keep you in place.

Man: WOW
God: I know all
Man: So?
God: do as your told or els
Man: Ok
God: im popping the shop so behave or your grounded "hell"
Man: waiting... waiting.. waiting...

tsk lol

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

nice post.

but i'm not ignoring a difference of opinion, im ignoring ignorance ... kinda the same as denying it ... overall i think it's hilarious that it's even an option. i'm just enjoying something new to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

*facepalm*

I have not ignored you have I? I've been trying to have a civil debate. Do I exhibit the "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude? If I do, I apologise...

A2D

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Well that was my angle also so me and you agree, and i think thats what the OP was trying to say. its not so much about the "thing" i mean i could pray to a tin of peas lol but its about the mentaly of the person in question doing so.

and that is down to another man telling another man "peas" are god in that respect.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

yeah honestly lack of religion is responsible for a lot more suffering than from any single religion. but overall the most suffering comes from misunderstanding religion.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

but i'm not ignoring a difference of opinion, im ignoring ignorance ... kinda the same as denying it ... overall i think it's hilarious that it's even an option. i'm just enjoying something new to me.

im on ignore so they cant read it anyway.

but il post it..

can someone please tell me the logic of this statement?

but i'm not ignoring a difference of opinion, im ignoring ignorance

?

man: its a wall
man2: No its not
man: yes it is
Man2 : its not i just knocked it down
man: but thats cheating?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I find it ironic that you exhibit this aire of an "incapability to be fooled"...
You speak as though only religious followers are being fooled or misguided or manipulated...When..you could just as easily be the one that is being misled....To deny man's fallibility in all aspects is to reach the peak of arrogance and look beyond it seeking the peak of ignorance as your next accomplishment.....

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

hey no you didnt!! erm some other person did lol

i dont see why i have the need nore should anyone els to "ignore" anyone/

you need a button for that? i just dont reply

kinda funny that ATS even has an "ignore" button in the first place

"deny ignore buttons"? lol they only lead to ingorance? or am i wrong ?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by v01i0

I find it ironic that you exhibit this aire of an "incapability to be fooled"...
You speak as though only religious followers are being fooled or misguided or manipulated...When..you could just as easily be the one that is being misled....To deny man's fallibility in all aspects is to reach the peak of arrogance and look beyond it seeking the peak of ignorance as your next accomplishment.....

Hi A2D,

I also mentioned ideologies, as you can read from my previous posts, not only religions.

You are absolutely correct, also I can be fooled and I merrily accept the fact. I tend to use method of falsification to find out more based-on-the-truth aspects.

-v

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join