It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with all religion!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I am talking about the traditional churches.

If you have a non-traditional church, and you have people - I would be the first to support you.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Were cats made in God's image?
Were dogs?
Ants?
Elephants?
Dinosaurs?

Nay, I believe you know the answer....

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

It's not even what would be deemed a church. It's a fellowship and anyone is welcome.

But despite that, I still do not agree with your premise. Do you throw out all the good things science has done for mankind simply because of the more efficient death tools that it has developed over the centuries? Then why throw out all the good things that religion has done for mankind simply because of the extremists actions...?

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The Truth.

What is the truth?

The truth is the reality.

What is reality? It is everything.

-v

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Well no because im not the pope nore do i have a lavish lifestyle and pretend because im the pope god loves me more?

That alone is a bs argument when dealing with this pagen bunch of controll freaks.

God was not born on XMAS yet you go out an buy trees ? and give gifts to one another like mindless drones?

"its tradition they say" sure about as tradional as romans feeding people to lions..

the mind does work in some crazy ways tell a lie long enought it sure as hell becomes the truth.

just like thinking you can eat gold because some idiot blagged some other idot it was worth something because its shiny

You keep gold ill be very happy with my chickens lets see who comes buying my chickens ?

lol

same thing with god.. OH wow look i won the lottery I LOVE GOD.. no you love money you idiot..

OMG I HAVE CANCER "or something bad" why god why meeee!!

you see? humans are just not caperble of doing any calculation without blaming some other poor sod.. wouldnt mind but without life you wouldnt have a reason to complain but yet we sit here bitching about what god created us in the first place..

WHO CARES WHO MADE US hes not here is he??? so aint it best to just get on with getting of this ROCK be for we become a figmant of gods own imagenation?

sheeh... T rex for dinner anybody..

[edit on 19-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Ok, good for you with your fellowship.

I do not believe that religion has done any good for mankind, ever.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

If there was a weapon that could distroy the entire planet and fit in the palm of your hand... does everyone deserve access to it? Do you think those that didnt would like being told so?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I have to ask - what good has religion ever done to the world?

It seems to me that it has promoted killing, hatred, starvation, wars and everything else beloved of the devil.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Oh but it has my friend it has!!

its kept 99% of the planet in chains.. i would say that was one of the best ideas next to money.

The people who dremt them 2 up are next to the guy who made the wheel.

LOL and the "sly devils we know today" laugh at us.. petty little humans so petty..

we vote in the very same people who laugh at us at stupid parties..

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You guys want to know the truth then?

Two words: Look around.

-v

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

this topic in particular needs to be put to rest; shall we?

you see a problem, which from your perspecive is religion. anyone with a perception above that (yes, that's an invitation) will tell you, as does the Bible, it's not what you say you do - it's what you do. and the same can be said of what is told to you. it matters not what is said to you, the ego denies the truth for all intents and purpose, but how you respond. and it is your action that you will undoubtly be judged by. the fool will recieve no more mercy than the one who plans to sin. and it is mans nature to lie for the sake of his own good. but what good is the sake of one man for the justice of nature on any scale? go ahead, lie to yourself all you want, there's no crime in doing so. but the last thing anyone who knows better would do is make it easier for the next person to fall. as others have said before me, it's not religion - it's mans pride that does not allow him to bow, even to the greatest honor of truth.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

it dont need to be put in your hand.. they put it in your head.

Just one little idea.. BOOM you got a drone.

its that simple.. You did not pop out your mother knowing god did you? untill someone TOLD you about it.

its like chinese whispers on a epic scale.. and just as bad.

Man1: My god made me
Man2: No my god made me!
man3 No my god made us all!!!

God: Pathetic idiots..

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Hi 13,

Thanks for realising where I am coming from - why can't everyone see this for the truth it is?

Because people are brainwashed, obviously.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

as does the Bible

dont lecture him..

god didnt write the bible? A bloke did "many blokes did in fact".

So dont say as does the bible because thats a crock of bs

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

I am atheist. I hope that clears things up.......

Unfortunatly your missing the point of what im saying.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Hmmm - you say I am lying to myself, then you say a lot of stuff - well, guess what?

I am not lying to myself, or to anyone else.

Religion is a tool made to use people.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Originally posted by TaraLou

Religion is a tool made to use people.

As are all ideologies.

But the ideologies (nor religions) are not to blame. The people can only blame themselves if they are stupid enough to believe in them.

-v

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

The most honest people are the ones that see the lies my friend.

They sit and lecture you on "some idiotic" basis like all is good and dandy in the world ?

we have SAT on our collective asses waiting for god for 2000 years, waiting? FOR WHAT? so we can be saved from our self??

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ok here is a thing to think about..

what happens if GOD does come? what then? we all live in a supper coool place were all is granted to us? no pain no suffering?

what a crock of BS

we have that ITS CALLED EARTH!!!!

only problem is IDIOTS run the show.. and tell you people starv because we have to learn and grow spitriualy NONSENCE

its facing the fact that WE ARE HUMANS and we LOVE to eff each other over every single day like a race to the bloody top of a moutin of gloryfield selfishness

THAT is why people want to be RICH because they have NOTHING ELS TO LIVE FOR.

and when you say that they think your KIDDING... its amazing to say the least.

stick half the idiots in a jungle lets see how far they get. ill laugh my ass off at you and the BIBLE

lol

im with you all the way on this one OP .. truth hurts but then again GOD TOLD TO SAY IT RIGHT? ha

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

For once, I agree with you.

-v

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by TaraLou

Wrong. Nothing makes mankind be the way he is. But it IS simpler to believe just one thing is the problem and if that was removed we'd magically change natures.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join