It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with all religion!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

"Mindless " and " "don't understand" equals judgmental by you.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Our western religion fallows the doctrines from the Vatican.

The Pope him selves have proclaimed that Sunday is a holly day of worship. Every western nation in the world fallows this doctrine.

Every western nation rests on a Sunday to show respect to God. Because God rested on the seventh day. But in our Bible. God didn't rest on a Sunday. God rested on a Saturday.

But since the Vatican "The Pope" proclaims that the church is above the words written in the Bible "The word of God". He gives himself the powers to change divine laws.

This Pope cant be a true believer in God. And since many Christians respects the doctrine given by the Pope. By resting on a Sunday. They cant be reading the Bible. They worship a divine law given by a man.

The Pope in my opinion is a great example of a Atheist who uses religion to confuse and control common people.

The Pope is a great example that we humans are ignorant to the truth. Because if the Bible is the Word of God. The Pope doesn't care a damn about it.
And if we do as the Pope commands. We don't care much about the words of God either. That means Christians and preachers just pick and choose the phrases in the Bible that suits their purpose.

And that too is a fact. The Churches only pick and choose parts of the Bible to talk to the common man. To keep them from seeing the whole picture and asking questions to the church in command.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

I wasn't trying to pigeonhole anyone. I know there are secular charities and aid groups....

DonorsChoose.org
Kiva.org
The Union of Concerned Scientists
American Red Cross
American Civil Liberties Union
United Nations Children's Fund
Doctors without Borders
Amnesty International
Oxfam International
The Nature Conservancy
Population Connection
DefCon: Campaign to Defend the Constitution
The SEED foundation
Project Peanut Butter
Electronic Frontiers Foundation
Mercy corps
Seva
International Peace Institute
The ADSN Project
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Alternatives to Marriage Project
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
NARAL Pro-choice America
EngenderHealth
Ipas
National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
Treatment Action Campaign
Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers
Lambda
Lambda Legal
Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
Human Rights Campaign
National Education Association (NEA) on school vouchers

and many many more....

What it all boils down to is this....

It doesn't matter what God you serve, or if you serve one. Because if you serve God, He is smiling. If you do not serve God, His frown means nothing to you. If there is a smile on that young child's face, or a smile on that poor mans face, or a smile on that burn victims face....IF THERE IS A SMILE ON ANOTHER HUMANS FACE....we have done well...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

edit; still waiting on your 10 christian genius scientists...

Again.... atheists do not have a monopoly of intelligence.

The blind faith Christians possess in their beliefs is not, in any circumstance, comparable to the reality that is science and evolution. That is an expected response but anything you can find evidence of (evolution) does not share the same category as something as illogical as religion.

Straw men

Religion plays a big part in our everyday lives, no matter what faith you have, so of course I'm going to criticize it, I will criticize it until the day I die because religion is nothing but a handicap to humanity,

pot.... kettle...

Saying it is ignorant for an Atheist to criticize religion is pretty much like saying it is ignorant for a Republican to criticize a Democrat,

Exactly

both are present in society and both have different views.

Both of which have a negative input into society (see, past).

One day, Christians will be the minority, oh what a glorious day this will be.

And if they are the minority to atheist thugs using government to take away the freedom of worship to any religion, Atheism itself becomes the tyrant. Look at what atheism has done to people of faith (religious people) in the past. Then, look at my original post... that it is all about the state controlling us through religion or whatever.

Atheism is not scientific because it rules out things of which we have no knowledge. Tell me what is logical about that?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR

edit; still waiting on your 10 christian genius scientists...

Copernicus - canon in the catholic church, 1947
Francis Bacon - "It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion; for while the mind of man looketh upon second causes scattered, it may sometimes rest in them, and go no further; but when it beholdeth the chain of them confederate, and linked together, it must needs fly to Providence and Deity."
Kepler - Lutheran
Galileo - while pressured by the RCC because of an offense made to the Pope, Galileo still presumed that the Bible cannot err...
Descartes - Roman Catholic
Newton - "The most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion on an intelligent and powerful Being."
Boyle - Protestant
Faraday - Sandemanian
Mendel - monk and eventually Abbot
Kelvin - (as well as physicists Stokes and Maxwell) Christian

11: Planck - [QUANTUM THEORY!!
] believed in an almighty, all-knowing, beneficent God (though not necessarily a personal one)

A2D

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by audas

I know many atheists who would gladly kill religious individuals in order to "better" the world.......your argument is chewable...like starburst....YUM

sorry which war are you reffering to when atheists spread the word of NON-GOD an killed theists in order to prove their point ?

Thats right - never, ever happened. No war has ever been perpetrated in the name of Atheism.

EVER.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Wow....

I am happy someone was willing to dignify an *atheists* challenge with a very high remark indeed.

Okay.... now name 50+5 people with more or equal scientific credentials and their atheist views in response.

*atheist* - a particular atheist and those in like mind

Here is something to remember... many 'atheist' viewpoints come from very agnostic people.

It is actually a silly notion that atheists have a monopoly of intellect.

Disclaimer to Atheists... never try to debate an agnostic. You will seem as crazy as anyone you try to "debate".

and I say "debate" on the loosest sense of the word.

Oh yeah.... I almost forgot. The State is to blame for tyranny.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Because you can't back your actions with a "non-belief". Besides, you misconstrued my statement.

I'm simply saying that (a good portion of)atheists think it would be better if all religious folks would just not wake up in the morning....

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Thats right - never, ever happened. No war has ever been perpetrated in the name of Atheism.

Never ever?

Well, you have a point if you don't consider a war upon people within ones own state. China.... USSR.... North Korea

hmmm... is the state still the common denominator? Please see my first post in this thread for further consideration.

edit: forgot another.... Pol Pot in Cambodia

[edit on 21-12-2009 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Scientific minds that were professed atheists...

Francis Crick - "A knowledge of the true age of the earth and of the fossil record makes it impossible for any balanced intellect to believe in the literal truth of every part of the Bible in the way that fundamentalists do. And if some of the Bible is manifestly wrong, why should any of the rest of it be accepted automatically?"
James Watson - "The easiest way to believe in the theory of intelligent design is to never go to school." He also confessed that he does not believe in a soul or anything divine.
Stephen Hawking - obvious for ATS'ers esp in this forum...
Ernst Mayr - "there is nothing that supports the idea of a personal God"
Noam Chomsky(?maybe?) - "I'm what's called here a "secular atheist," except that I can't even call myself an "atheist" because it is not at all clear what I'm being asked to deny."
Lucretius - not typically "atheist"..... his gods were...stereotypically UNgodly...they lived between worlds, with limited power and knowledge...exhibiting none of the typical "omni" attributes...
Alfred Kinsey - a confirmed atheist, eugenicist and evolutionist who believed that “religious-based,” “ancient taboos” were to blame for America’s supposedly repressive sexual attitudes and resulting social disorder.
B.F. Skinner - The adolescent Skinner considered the recovery of a lost watch a divine revelation; Elijah-like, he believed that faith really could move mountains, and he tried to demonstrate it with an experiment in levitation that failed. Having come up against the usual sorts of doubts about religion that arise for persons as intelligent as Skinner, he marked the end of this period of religiosity by announcing to Miss Graves that he "no longer believed in God"
Wilhelm Wundt - can't seem to find any text OFFICIALLY confirming his atheism...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
YAY I love these arguements, they are so educational! I dont see why people hate them, its good to see both sides of the arguement, no matter how little evidence or proof it has

im a buddhist, I dont worship anyone, and I dont beleive in god.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The OP is nothing more then a hateful rant. Religion is not what causes wars, it's human imagination and greed. Words on a page don't kill people, people kill people. Misunderstanding kills people. The only blame you can lay for starvation, wars, and poverty, is on the human race and human action. Not a book of words as you would like to suggest.

Seriously though, this thread shouldn't have made it this long. Stupid and rant full of ignorance.

And if the OP would like to stand by his ludicrous beliefs and back them up, please make me a list of wars that were fought for religion and let's see how many you can come up with..

( Delete this thread it's a complete ranting wasteful space of ignorance by the OP. )

[edit on 21-12-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It would be a much better world without religion. I used to be a Christian 'fundy' but got burned by a con man. I set up a website to expose him and I am glad that I have prevented a number of people from getting conned as well. - www.swindledforjesus.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAUTERMILCH
It would be a much better world without religion. I used to be a Christian 'fundy' but got burned by a con man. I set up a website to expose him and I am glad that I have prevented a number of people from getting conned as well. - www.swindledforjesus.com...

That's an individual who did that to you, not a religion. It's like saying the deli clerk shorted you on pastrami in your sandwich so he could make a few extra dollars, therefore pastrami is bad and the world would be a better place if we didn't have pastrami as a tool to rip people off..

[edit on 21-12-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LAUTERMILCH

This is typical of Christians. Oral Roberts just died a few days ago. The last 20 or so years of my poor Grandmother's life she sent that man thousands of dollars from her little monthly check, and actually went hungry so he could live high on the hog. In my town, at the local Kroger store, there are always these kids sitting there, taking "donations" for "poor African Kids." I informed them that their dollars went to fund warlords, but all I got was blank stares from them. Brainwashed? Sure seemed like it.
Time for this racket to stop.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

It is the number one reason for wars - always has been.

Wrong. This lie gets passed around incessantly but it is not true. Check out THIS LIST of wars in human history. Not even 25% of them were due to religious reasons.

Also, don't forget the tens of millions of citizens killed under secular atheist governments.

Therefore, it is the number one reason for starvation and suffering.

Starvation and suffering LIKE THIS under secular, atheist regimes? (Warning: Very graphic. Do not click if you don't want to see it).

And it is the number one reason for killing innocents - and I include soldiers in this.

Incorrect. Approximately 160 million were killed in the 20th century wars alone. And the majority were not due to religious reasons.

This thread is nothing but the worn out claim that religion is the source of all evil in humanity. No idea who started the rumor that religion has caused more wars or death than anything else but it is constantly echoed and wrong. There is nothing new or unique about this thread. Just your typical generic rant spouting off false information.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It's ironic how the wars just keep increasing in numbers the more advanced in technology we get....

Also, thank you for the "starvation and torture" link...while it may be gruesome and hard to look at...it brought a tear to my eye...

A2D

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is how mass-genocide begins. You pick a political slogan such as "Down with the Witches!", "Down with Jews!", "Down with Religion!" and then you get the gullible crowds synced in to and fired up with it where they defend it as if it were their own slogan - and then, one day, you have an army set for violence.

And it all began so "innocently"...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
To the OP:

Everything in this world consists of positive and negative, i.e.: everything has a brightside and a darkside. good and bad, good vs. evil, night and day, life and death.

You are only seeing the darkside of religion while missing the brightside of it. You have to absorb both sides in order to have a broader perspective and reach an objective conclusion. I am not religious; I haven't researched extensively enough to put religion down as you have. I find myself not going into a debate I know nothing about. I can't put religion down because I don't know enough about it. I'll tell you one thing I do know: religious texts contain more wisdom than any man will ever come to know in a lifetime.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I completely agree... Didn't 9/11 happen because they thought their "god" was better than our "god"? At least that's what the gov't tells us happened lol.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join