It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with all religion!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think that religion, a manmade tool to control people, is the number one reason why people in this world do not get on together.

It is the number one reason for wars - always has been.

Therefore, it is the number one reason for starvation and suffering.

And it is the number one reason for killing innocents - and I include soldiers in this.

Surely we should get on together and help each other, as human beings?

And surely we should try to save our planet?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Attention Moderators!!!!!!
Why Is This Not In RANT?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

The reason it is not in rant is that it is the truth.

Work it out.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Many people will agree with you but these exact points have been raised time and time again on A.T.S..

Hell, John Lennon even wrote a song about it!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

I don't care if these points have been raised time and time again - isn't it time we faced the truth?

That is why it keeps coming up all the time. People never want to face the truth.

As for John Lennon - George Harrison was the best Beatle, even though John and Paul tried to outshine him.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Religion will never leave... beause pain and suffering will never leave.

Religion is an inevitible product of a sentient species.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

beause pain and suffering will never leave

And guess who makes that happen?

sure as hell aint god my friend.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I think we could help ourselves, the human race, by dumping religion.

Why don't we? Religion is what causes war, pain and suffering.

I am not saying drop your belief.

I am saying drop what some controlling men put on us. Just drop it, and see where that leaves them.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Do you think you would know anything you know now.... without what we have in the world today? How do you teach something without the example?

How do you teach 2+2=4 without the equation to represent the math problem? Who would learn anything if there wasnt a problem to solve?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

The simple fact of the matter is that it isn't religion. It's man. You said it yourself MAN-MADE...Man can make ANYTHING to serve his purpose...or cover his arse if you ask me. If you really want to get down to it, you have to get to the source, not the mask.

Sure, religion must own up to it's malformities. But, to disregard religion JUST BECAUSE of these malformities, is as simple as disregarding science as a tool for the betterment of mankind because of the atom bomb, tanks, rockets, and any other tools of war.

In fact, I think that the increase in trying to replace religion with secularism has only been the result of more violence and bloodshed.

The consumerist West has indeed made 'a schism with the whole universe'. Its own protestations notwithstanding, it is a force for belligerence in the contemporary world. It has, in effect, undertaken a relentless war to 'erase history and eliminate difference'. Having succeeded at home, it is now in the process of extending its crusade (I choose my words advisedly) abroad, utilizing its massive dominance of the global economy, global media and communications, political and even military structures. When this accumulation of power is brought to bear against traditional belief systems, especially religions, along with the cultures that both enshrine them and are enshrined by them, the resultant explosion of violence is unsurprising.

Take a look around. Inside the West, religion is locked relentlessly indoors. Increasingly, its adherents are given no place to hide even there, as their children must be yielded up for compulsory socialization in secular schools; careers are made subject, formally or informally, to opinion-tests so as to exclude traditionalists; social, state and even legal support are withdrawn from marriage in one Western country after another. In Europe, enforcement of the new anti-morality is a precondition for a state to join the EU.

And outside the West economic, political, financial and cultural muscle are used by Western powers to secularize; aid programs and international organizations are used to promote birth control, abortion and easy divorce; advertising by multinationals promotes sexualized clothing. The consequent eruptions of anger are ‘wars for religion’.

www.theosthinktank.co.uk...

A2D

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Religion is just a discription of a pattern. All thing contianed within it varified by the writer as an absolute truth. We all have our separate paths... we have all been created by our "reality tunnels" as some put it. To all of them it was... and is the truth.

Kid tested.. mother aproved!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

What I am saying is - embrace your spirituality, embrace your beliefs - ignore the people who are trying to ram religion down your throat.

People do have beliefs, and they do have spirituality, but 'religion' is killing both.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

so by teaching people god is going to save you? is eqauted to math?

lol OK

here is my rant.. "or post"

God is not real its a LIE the only reason people Starv and die is because humans are INEPT and LAZY and SELFISH.

happy?

here is a trick..

Go look in the mirror some time then think about all the things you have done wrong "even little things" KNOWINGLY

that my friend is THE HUMAN RACE.

and most of it your "wrong doing" is because you was TOLD it was wrong.. Now think if you did not LIVE the way you did and had NO ONE to tell you it was wrong?

think about mm living in a jungle? would it be WRONG to walk around BUTT NAKED?

i dont think so.. its always been about CONTROLL. become a drone do as we say but not what we do.

Money is also one of the main ways to controll your feeble little mind.

god and money = humans pathetic attempt at being The best thing on the block.

everything we KNOW and learn comes from NATURE.. it has ORDER.

humans on the other hand are confused self obsessed idiots. the very thought of being eqaul to one another makes most people SICK.

so i agree with the op

and the stupid part is this

GOD if there is "one" has a complex.. because humans dont even know WHAT GOD IS THE RIGHT ONE??

LOL yet the accept this little fact like its OK ?

I mean how bizzario can you get?

[edit on 19-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

what you're referring to is extremism and it's the minority of religious views....

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Well said

I got a direct line to the creator "if there is one" and NO ONE is gunna tell me otherwise

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

If the universe is infinite....... can you remove pain from it? Or confusion? or saddness? or stupidity?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

As far as I am concerned...everybody is equal in God...so...where is the "divide and conquer" at in that? That's not a very effective method of control if I think I'm just as equal in God's eyes as say...the pope...is it?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

You say I am referring to extremism? Yes I am.

I am referring to the church, and to the men - not women - who have set up that church.

These men are controlling and mean - get out of it right now.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

You've clearly never been to my church...which doesn't even have a traditional pastor...we're all the pastors....I guess, within your realm of reasoning, being a part of the group...and equal to everyone in that group...we're all the controllers/controlled....right?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

yes you can by facing up to REALITY.

INFINITE universe ...

Do you see bee's going about crying like a bunch of pussys??

Tell me ANY other animal on this planet that acts the way humans do? and i dont mean emotions im talking bare bones here..

Does a CAT pray to god? or any other being? NO

why is that? are they stupid? not special? have no "spirit"?

dont you see how LAME the argument is to that?

cat god
Dog god
ant god

I mean how much logic does one need to see the entire human race is being controlled LIKE robots?

for what reason? because if you bothered to wake up to the face you was born FREE you would prob ace your pants and start a riot.

the best way to keep you stupid is to destract you from the very truth you fear the most.

THE TRUH.

not pretty is it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join