It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar – A Masterpiece With A Spiritually Profound Message!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
One of the best things in this movie, is like when I first read Lord of the Rings... I really thought the good guys were going to lose.

I can definetly see the spiritual side to it. I say it was very inspiring and amazingly beautiful.

But I guess it's important to distinguish between the planet's biological, natural technology and spirituality. The deity got the animals to attack after the great tree was knocked down, so it didn't rely on all the roots and the connections to accomplish the turning point in the battle.

Take away the Yavvi's land, they would have still been connected to the source, or God, everything. It has nothing to do with the biological neural network they had. (EDit: It also has nothing to do with their beauty or the beauty of their world incidentally) That might have been a symptom of their own evolution, and letting nature evolve, but you have to see where that isn't spirituality. A Spirit at it's most basic shouldn't need anything physical to exist, not even energy.

Also, no matter how conservative we try to get this world will come and it will go. We are not even a blink in the grand scheme of things. So, that's kind of weird to me. Also, we don't need roots to be connected, do we?

Would have been funny if one of them bounced another arrow off the metal side of the plane, stood up in the middle of battle, threw his hands up in the air and said, "Forget it, nothing matters anyway! This is all an illusion!"

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Novise]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
why Avatar is one of the worst movies i have ever seen (not really, but it's a good title...)1st ats post.....
(dont read if you havent seen the movie- i'd hate to prejudice you with my perceptions)

how did Jake become paralyzed? a smokng doctor/botanist? whimpy, jealous co-workers...............except for one helicopter pilot there is not ONE human in this movie who can be considered "good" or at least free-willed.
ok.....now as far as the fantasy world of the Na-vi (navi or hopi, can't tell what import that has) you must be kidding. what we have is a militaristic, patriarchial society wherein the women have to be just as strong and violent as the men. what people have been calling "spirituality" in this movie is simply the 10 or so seconds of femininity which breaks up the war, i mean 'movie'

please understand that i am not a freemason/christian and i don't believe in this movie. it seems obvious to me that this is a "leave all your troubles behind because god will fix everything" film except in this movie god is nature (holy #, right?) and we all know nature contains 'human nature' so will never achieve such a blissful, child-like, innocent, technology-free world of peace. but they're pushing us to- let the individuals make up for the corporations' lack of spirit...yada yada......

what about the theme of going from body to body, and 'uploading' into biological beings....? this demonstrates the lack of responsibility or commitment the writers, director, etc. have to reality. think about it- the evil folks of the world can't change the world, so they put blinders on everyone by creating the internet, wherein they can make anything that they want to happen, happen (digitally of course). why bother to fix the world's hunger and such when our perceptions can simply be 'modified' with the right stimuli? or should i say "distorted".........

grown adults are talking about a movie changing the world.....are you serious? what did the matrix do except get every kid under 12 to dress in all black? that's a joke, but i can tell you right now that the Matrix movie did not open anything up in this universe- it only set a new metaphor for defining a subset of reality. avatar has many rips from the matrix (guess they must be freemasonic themes or something)..........the most obvious is the kiss of life given to jake near the end. she even kisses him on the cheeks to somehow make it seem "not-the-Matrix" (where Neo is kissed on the lips). the first thing i thought of when i saw this amazing 'woman' battling like a warrior was of course trinity from the matrix. but just like the matrix this movie pretends there is another reality (like disney and christianity) where the hero can not die, at least in his human body.

so why is this movie so dangerous? first of all because it's 3 hours long. anyone who sits in front of a screen for that long will suffer energy/spirit loss.
secondly because it promotes christianity, at least the pagan aspects. the ides that god can be a man is sooooooooooo dangerous. it has been said that Adonai (the fellow who got irate at adam and eve in the garden) was not god. that he looked aroud, saw only himself, and assumed he was all-that-is and so created the universe. but in reality Adonai was the child of Emptiness and Wisdom, two things quite beyond the senses (this is from the kabbalah, not my ass). all im saying is that by focusing on what can be seen, tasted, touched, heard, and smelled we are forever limited by our biology. you cant just stick your cord into another being and expect god to do the rest (THIS IS GOOD ADVICE FOLKS)

on the good side-
the 3d is amazing. i almost fell out of my seat when a mortar shell came off the screen.
the actor who played the brute american general was perfectly cast.

i will say wholeheartedly that if hell were this movie shown over and over again, and heaven was the last movie i went to the theater and paid to see (Milk) i'd choose hell.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by IandEye]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ava*tarGate
by Robert David

I see conspiracy theories everywhere:9/11 was an Inside Job and Pearl Harbor Was a LIHOP, A UFO Was Recovered at Roswell and the Apollo Moon Landing was a Hoax and of course the assassinations of famous people known by their three initials.Therefore, when Fox released Avatar, a mega budget film, with $500 million of other people’s money (“outside investors”), I get suspicious.

Read the rest at Dprogram.net
dprogram.net...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Some parts of that movie made me sad, but in all it was the best movie I've seen this year.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Even though this movie is SPIRITUAL, the normal person will think nothing about spirituality after this is done. The normal person just remains in their brainwashed state even after watching AVATAR. stupid sheeple

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
reply to post by loveispeace

Sometimes, I am amazed at what passes for deep and profound thought nowadays. Sometimes, I’m amazed that we managed to survive this far as a species. Witness, Avatar and the reviews of it:

Originally posted by loveispeace
The greatest underlying message in the movie is that of a green planet …It portrays humans as a greedy and self destructing technologically advanced species, while the people from Pandora, are portrayed as a much more spiritual race, needing nothing, other that their connection to Mother Pandora and GOD… The 3D aspect will only help to submerge you in a new world just as real as ours and enchanting by its beauty and soul.

Don’t see any irony in you sitting in a theatre, watching a 3D film, that cost hundreds of millions of dollars, produced with the latest technology, that preaches about the evils of technology and the superiority of returning to nature?

Hey guess what? Spirituality and connection with Mother Earth didn’t make that movie available to you. The lights that lit the theatre and the vehicle you used for transportation to the theater and the food that you ate before or after the movie, and the clothes that you wore there, and the medicines that allowed you to be healthy enough to go there, and the heat that was provided to keep you from freezing, and everything else involved with your very existence and your ability to see that movie – had nothing to do with being ‘in touch’ with nature and spirituality!

It did have something to do with ‘evil humans’ raping the planet and extracting its resources and making the life we have possible. It had everything to do with people taking ores and minerals and fuel from the Earth and making ‘evil technology’ out of them. And yeah, maybe the planet didn’t give it up willingly, but we had to take it in order to reach the level we are at. According to the philosophy of James Cameron, all we would have had to do was talk to Mother Planet and everything we needed would be provided and Paradise would be ours. Could he or his movie ever have existed if we tried to follow the beliefs set forth in his film? Do you really believe that? Does he? Unbelievable.

You think Cameron has such a great message? Well, put it to the test! Go out into the deepest woods and leave all the evils of our civilization behind. Talk to mother Earth and ask her to shelter you and provide for your needs. Take James Cameron with you. After a year, if you’re still alive, drop us a line and let us know what you think about connecting with nature.

Your arrogance is quite laughable.

Yes, one individual may not be able to make it in the wild by his lonesome. But this movie wasn't about an individual, this movie was about a society.

Imagine a society that reverted back to loving and living off of mother nature. A society most certainly can (and guess what, THEY DID FOR TENS OF THOUSANDS OF #ING YEARS) live off mother nature and the wild.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
All I have to say is that after watching this movie, I have begun a new spiritual journey. I seemed to be really lost on what to believe and what-not, but now I feel like my eyes have been opened to new possibilities.

I actually sort of found ATS after doing a little research on Pantheism (the religion that seems to be portrayed in Avatar).

So, thanks Avatar
#2 best movie of 2009 for me.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
[edit on 8-1-2010 by Jibblin]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just saw this movie two days ago and have to say it is much, much more than just a movie

I was not prepared for my own reactions and feelings that came up and that still circulate within me today. I saw illustrations relating to the invasion of every nation and their destructions by Spain, France, England and the U.S. So it is relevant to our own history too.

It brought up intense hatred of how we humans have conducted ourselves so far, and, it reiterated the reasons why Human Beings should never be allowed to venture out into the stars until we really are far more evolved in awareness and understanding than we have been these past 5 to 10,000 years.

There have been great movies in the past, some have had important messages.. think "Pay it Forward" and "What Dreams May Come".. and yet this one stands head and shoulders above anything that has been before, or likely to come in the future. So in a sense it is the equivalent of the Bugatti Veyron, the epitome of achievement that will never again be equalled by man.

Also, the concepts of connection illustrated in this film are what human beings have lost in their endless search for Materialism and Power over others. My hope is that more people begin to Awaken to their own connections again, to live as we lived so very long ago.. maybe not so much in a physical sense but certainly in a spiritual, caring and nurturing sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loveispeace

I just absolutely loved this film. It had deep spiritual messages running through out. I especially liked the way it got across that we are spirit within a body and able to move on and live still as that spirit in another body.

I could watch this film over and over it was beautifully done.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's really astounding that some people find some sort of "spiritually profound message" in this movie. There is none! Greedy westerners vs nice natives is an old theme and Avatar brings nothing new to this concept. Go see "Dances with Wolves" and see if you still dig spirituality without fancy computer graphics.

I was of the impression that the "message" in the movie was dumbed down on purpose to make it suitable for widest circulation and appreciation possible, in order to recoup investment and make profit. It appears that this approach worked really well.

Last but not least, I liked the movie as an eye candy.

PS. After I wrote this, I found this review which is close to my feelings:

goatdog.com...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think the message of it is spiritual, but you have to distinguish between technology/biology, matter, and spirituality.

The fact that the "Theme" is old has nothing again to do with spirituality.

If something was written based on the Tao Te Ching, you would then say it was not spiritual because it was based on something written before?

If you think for anything to spiritual can only be "Creative" and new then I have to disagree.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by okimas

That was well said, where do you begin to explain when there was only blindness and a endless power to control.
genetic altering is against my spiritul beliefs, I seriously boil the water I drink, but what good will that do me when everything that you buy is geneticly altered like corn..... our rice
and much more to come in the future I dont think I will watch this movie.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Avatar Cast Auditions: The Lost Tapes

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I thought avatar was just a sci-fi remake of dances with wolves.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hi, Avatar fans.

I see this movie like that:

It shows how white ( I am white! ) people always treat other
less strong and advanced people/countries !!

See what we did in India, BOTH south and north Americas,
Africa, and petrol-countries . . . etc. . . etc. . . etc. . . etc. . . etc. . .

It shows the bad things those countries/peoples and
their greedy businesses did do, and still do:
the religious, the french, the spanish, the british, the americans/USA. . .
They quite always do, very similarly what was done in Avatar ! !
They crush/bully/pollute everybody around !

Blue skies.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I just want to know, being that Avatar is a 99% clone of Dances with Wolves, was anyone effected by DwW as much as Avatar? I saw Avatar, and it didn't effect me at all. This is because Dances had already effected me in the way that Avatar was supposed to.

Dances really opened my eyes. It made me cry. Made my heart rip in half for all the blood shed on this planet, all blood shed. Not just humans, but all the living organisms on this planet. Made me realize what an evil plague humans are. Made me realize what a waste 85% of the human population is. Made me wish that people weren't so ignorant. Made my blood boil over the atrocities committed by ignorant, or evil men. Sure Avatar can do that, but Dances did it first, and without brilliant special effects.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by raistlinmajere8]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

In addition to being blatantly racist, it is naive, neo-19th-century romanticism based on ignorance of history and other cultures to suspect that those "beautiful and unspoiled spiritual" native peoples have been any less violent and ruthless to each other and to neighboring tribes than more technologically sophisticated nations and cultures. People are people. At different points in history, certain peoples happen to have more advanced technology the capacity to impose their violence with more impact than others, but if the shoe were on the other foot, don't suspect for a moment it would be any different. All peoples and races have equal capacity for violence and horror, just as they have equal capacity for compassion and spiritual profundity.

[edit on 4/13/10 by silent thunder]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join