It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar – A Masterpiece With A Spiritually Profound Message!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So, I just watched this movie last night without expecting anything other than some good CGI and I was perplexed at the amount of profound spiritual messages in it. It is an unbelievable movie that everyone should see. I decided to write an article on my blog, trying to shed some light on what I perceive as some of the symbology James Cameron decided to use in the movie.

I definitely recommend watching prior to readying this:

Avatar is a Masterpiece unlike any other… James Cameron has created his own world and submerges the viewer into a new reality that will captivate and mesmerize you for two and a half hours. The movie is not only a CGI monster, delivering some of the best photo realistic graphics ever seen; but, it is also rich with a story so spiritually profound, it can be used as a reference for metaphysical teachings from now on.

I would like to touch a little on how deep and meaningful this movie is without trying to spoil the movie:

The greatest underlying message in the movie is that of a green planet and achieving our spiritual potential. It portrays humans as a greedy and self destructing technologically advanced species, while the people from Pandora, are portrayed as a much more spiritual race, needing nothing, other that their connection to Mother Pandora and GOD.

It is hard to go into much detail without giving away much part of the plot so I would advice NOT TO CONTINUE UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE:

The people from Pandora understand the value in life, they know there’s a spirit, a soul, behind every living being and that we are part of a great wholeness. They only hunt and kill out of necessity, they understand the body is a transitional entity, while the spirit is forever. They are in complete connection with their Planet, Nature and GOD. Their advanced spiritual capabilities, allow them to feel and to communicate with every living entity on their planet. They are able to ride feel, think, and control animals by creating a connection through their tails. Once the connection is established, it is almost as if they become ONE with the animal, or the entity whom they’ve connected with.

Their connection to the tree of life is symbological to that of the Collective Consciousness. Through it, they can reach an enormous database of thoughts, actions, history, past, present and future. They pray for it, protect it and ask for guidance; for they understand the higher power behind it. In return nature heals them, cares for them and shelters them. It is a beautiful portrayal of loving and caring for the planet where they live.

I believe James Cameron has outdone himself and has set the bar way high for Hollywood and the film industry in general. This movie gains the highest possible recommendations we can give and we suggest you make your way to your local movie theater as soon as possible. The 3D aspect will only help to submerge you in a new world just as real as ours and enchanting by its beauty and soul.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
[edit on 12/19/2009 by happygolucky]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry but my topic is relating Avatar to spirituality, I hope you do not expect me to post that under such ridiculous thread which implies this movie sends a communist message...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
[edit on 12/19/2009 by happygolucky]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

The breeze through on the other post and this one is 2 different things.. WAY WAY different...

Besides, I am not sure what this movie is suppost to represent so I cant comment...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I saw it last night too and have to agree with pretty much everything you said.
SPOILER ALERT *** SPOILER ALERT *** DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET!!!!!

So what I really liked about the "twist" (warning, I'm going to give away a major plot twist, so if you haven't seen the movie, don't read past this point. Don't say I didn't warn ya!) was how it parallels the Global Consciousness Project at Princeton. This is the project whose results are indicating that there seems to be a global awareness of major earth events, usually tied to human events, but also natural ones. I believe that James Cameron incorporated that into his plot line as a way of planting the seed (so-to-speak) in peoples minds that there may in fact be something going on Earth like was on Pandora.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
James Cameron is a very capable director and I'm sure the spiritual symbology used throughout the movie was there to help create a major consciousness shift, which I believe it is already occurring. About 30 minutes ago my cousin called me, telling me how excited she was about this movie. She says she has never been so energized by a movie and that she felt like going completely green and helping save the earth. She was very moved and literally told me that the movie had expanded her awareness in an unbelievable way. Something I have tried to do on her for a long time to no avail. She also said that she loved the fact the movie was not preachy, yet it was simple for her to understand the concepts...

I believe this movie will trigger a massive shift of consciousness... Although it might be slight, it will definitely move you!

[edit on 19-12-2009 by loveispeace]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
There were and still is, people like in this Avatar movie they were called Native Americans, and if your trying to get a "spiritual message" across don't bother we have been trying for years and years.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yup - For sure !

I saw it first day first show and walked away stunned at not just the Graphics but the overall theme of the movie and the message it sends out.

WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD !

The Na'avi are a very evolved species. We would like to think of them
as backward (several times the corp top honchos in the movie refer to them as savages) however to me, thy are a far more spiritually evolved species who are in touch with their planet and share a hive/collective consciousness. The beauty is in the way they connect.
For e.g. in the movie they use the pterodactyl thingies to fly, they ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY connect the ends of their hair to the antler like thingies on the head of the pterodactyl and then channel or guide the flight pattern accordingly by thinking it. If im not wrong i remember it being referred to as a 'halo' connection.

Also later in the movie when they collectively gather to try & save Sigourney weaver, they 'connect ' to the grass like surface and one can see the lights being transferred all around them.

They live simply and believe in a mother goddess Erdywa (or something like that) which is like similar to out concept of god but in a more subtle way - like the source in the matrix movie.

Also near the ending the 'humans' in it turned out to be the real villians and not the aliens

It is definitely a MUST SEE movie to all ATS'ers especially - the graphics, the tech gadgetry, the plot , the whole new world and its landscaping etc is simply breathtaking.

Oh ! And do yourselves a favor - DO NOT watch a bad / pirated/camera print of it on a tiny 15 inch screen. GO SEE it on the Huge screen in the cinema & you will know why I made this suggestion. Downloading it off a torrent illegally will ruin the quality & reveal the story even if you subsequently watch it on the big screen.

I for one, am simply awestruck by the sheer imagination of the creators of this movie. It is the most expensive movie ever made
( $200 Million, i believe) and I think its is worth every last penny. It will become on of the all time classic movies without a doubt.

And yes, it is a movie with a message and a very profound one.

I almost ended up feeling ashamed to be a human after I walked away after watching it, and seeing the ways in which we rape our planet.

Interesting timing too - what with the climate treaty going on in Copenhagen, we need to develop more of the values, the Na'avi share for their planet.

Maybe there is hope after all.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I just got home... first thing on my mind was to go on ATS and see what other people thought of it...

What an amazing artistic statement about life... one that I find hard to find any movie, song, music and even book to compare too.

The way I understand it, is that the natives represent our own spiritual potential, one that can be awakened by learning and practicing our true connection to the universal consciousness, while the humans represent the manifestation of ego and greed.

James Cameron has really made a statement about how he sees us as a species, and what we have the potential to become. I honestly believe that every single person coming out of that movie theater wished that they were living on Pandora.

I can only suggest that anybody who hasn't seen it, SEE IT!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
something that needs to be pointed out though is that you should go and pay the extra and see the 3d version. it is the most amazing experience and you won't want to view films any other way afterwards.

hats off to james cameron who has created an absolute masterpiece! it was absolutely fantastic and i can't wait to see it again.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I believe that by portraying the Na'vi as natives from Pandora he is sending a big message about Evolution. He contrasts two completely different lifestyles, one of Na'vis with 0 technology and one of humans with all the technology in the world.

Na'vis are passionate, caring, loving to one another, much more spiritually evolved... We are greedy, power driven and all we care about is money.

I think this makes you put things into perspective in a drastic way; the question at hand is the following:
Does technology necessarily mean you are in the right path of evolution?
James Cameron definitely believes the contrary and so do I.
I believe spiritual progress should be the biggest priority, since without that knowledge we are unconscious of our actions towards earth and towards others, we are literally on a path of self destruction...

This movie is a major paradigm shift.. I'm going to go watch it again... and hope everyone goes and watches it... Watching in 3D is definitely a big PLUS... Amazing!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just got back from seeing it, very touching and moving film.

I especially like how the inhabitants of Pandora have an absolute and true deity, something they can communicate with, consistently, that would be a very nice luxury to have here on earth. I really love the line "Energy in everything is borrowed, and must be returned one day" To me, that statement makes more sense than any Christian ever could. But enough about the religious aspect, the movie just flat out kicked ass, the 3d was by far the most amazing I have ever seen, and the message is very clear. I could not agree more with Mr. Cameron's depiction of humans as a greedy and hoarding race. If things don't change (I seriously doubt they ever will.) we will be harvesting planets for resources in a couple thousand years, hell we may already be doing it, nobody can say we are or aren't for certain.

An interesting thought came to me during this movie. I thought about how it is very possible that there is a much more technologically advanced race out there than our own, very similar to how much more advanced the humans were over the natives of Pandora. I wonder if they would even look to our polluted planet for resources.

Summary: Amazing movie, go see it, don't download a pirated copy, you will cut your experience very short.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's an experience. I just saw it tonight and must say I didn't realize the deeply profound spiritual message it was going to have. I liked it for sure.

I will go back to see it on IMAX

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by loveispeace

maybe all that talk about disclosure by year's end was just a subliminal viral marketing for this movie

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It really sucks I can't see in 3D at all, ever

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Tell me about it!
I watched it in 3D today..utterly amazing, i felt like one with the Na'vi i even had a tear when the Hometree was destroyed and felt emotionally attached to their plight and strangely attracted to Neyriti, predictable story but the spiritual side of Eywa was amazing

Pandora made Earth look like crap

If i had to choose between the Humans on the dying world of Earth and the Na'vi on the beautiful unpolluted world of Pandora i'd choose the latter (of course witha permanent Avatar body)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I agree, I was very surprised at the substantive nature of Avatar. It uses the standard good guy / bad guy motif but that is only the surface. Beneath the surface is a collection of way above average concepts that I've never seen in film. I think this clearly shows that we are coming to a serious change in the world and there are clearly higher souls in the NWO who are fighting for betterment for all humanity.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

too bad that in reality no biological entity could ever have a natural coaxial cable or usb cord you could use to communicate, upload, or download and indefinitely store information

[edit on 23-12-2009 by reject]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I saw this in IMAX 3D in Seattle. The screen is 6 stories tall and 80 ft wide. Talk about an experience. I knew it was going to be good...but I didn't know it would be so moving. If you see this movie, do it as big as you can...in 3D. If you have to pay extra, do it. It's worth it.

As others have said, you become submerged. The 3D technology used is much different from the hokey stuff we are used to. The images do not come out from the screen towards you every once in a while, but stay in a constant state of 'realness'. It makes you feel like you are looking at something really happening in front of you, instead of at a screen with things coming out of it. Hard to explain, you have to experience it for yourself.

The graphics are soo good you become convinced you are watching a real world with real characters, nothing animated. To have four kids from 10-14 all want to stay and sit through another three hours right after it was over, you know it's something special!

As for the critics that say it is a similar story just being retold and predictable, well ya, in a way it is. Pocahontas and other simialr stories are popular for a reason. It's a good story to tell and a great message to send out. Nothing wrong with that. As for the predictability, I told my husband (who hadn't been able to see it) that I remembered feeling relieved during the movie that it was predictable. I was so emotionally caught up in the story and what was happening that it would have made me very anxious to think that the good guy might not win in the end. It was a feel-good movie that left you feeling like you were part of something special and we really need that as a society right now. Cameron has reminded us that we don't have to have profanity, nudity and carnage for a good film. He is a masterful storyteller and director.

I LOVED it!!!! I will see it again and encourage everyone I know to see it also. It is the next step in movies and will be the launching pad for many more to come. I compare it to Star Wars. We will look back 20 years from now and recognize it as a turning point for the film industry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join