It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask A Cop *The Video Series*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Congradulations for knowing that scotland yard was the birthplace of law enforcement. Now do you know who was the father of law enforcement? Im humming the theme to jepardy.....

Seriously how can we as citizens best help to protect your safety? Is it something as simple as changing lanes when we see a cop on the side of the road or is there something even more important we can do to assist you in getting home safely at night? Give us tips.......

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hey Semper. Seems like you are doing well so far.

Have a simple question for you this time. Off the top of your head, do you know the percentage of Police Radars that are ineffective/error prone???? I understand that the Police Forces do their best to stay on top of these things, but at any given time, how many would be out of action, and how does that affect your daily work routine?????

Just wondering, because it would be interesting to know how many tickets could possibly be disputed on the basic fact of faulty equipment and errors based on these faults.

Cheers mate!!!!

Edit:- Another quick query - if a Civilian notices an Officer in distress - i.e. is being attacked by someone/several people, and said Civilian comes to the Officers aid, and in so causes injury to the attackers, can said Civilian then be charged for Assault/Bodily Harm etc, even though they were coming to the Officers aid???? What are the Laws like surrounding this type of Incident??? Do the laws protect the Civilian coming to the Officers aid, or is it more of a grey area, up to the Officers discretion???

[edit on 20-12-2009 by TerribleTeam2]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ok, this is what is wrong with the police today. A classic example of over reaction on the part of this cop. This happens all the time and there eally is no reason for it. This paticular cop just loses it and decides he is going to cap someone for a snowball...

As a cop do you find any kind of justification in this? Do you think he should be fired? Do you think he should be charged with using a firearm in the commission of a felony? I think this is the only way this kind of crap is going to stop.

Cop admits to pulling a gun during snowball fight.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by northof8]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My long babble was more about the idea that most citizens do not know the law. It has been better for me to have a family attorney answer for me or consult with me with any matters relating to law. This includes being a witness etc. or a suspect. (Even though I have not strayed further than minor traffic laws).

My question at the bottom was not answered though which was related to the psychological training in dealing with people. I have noticed there are many times I have encountered law enforcement that are rude and irritable. I was asking if that was training or just someone having a bad day. Considering you say you only sleep for 4 hours I could see you being irritable (me too) lol.

I mean that as no disrespect but, to me they seem stressed out. On the same note two of those cousins had problems with seeing a guy that had chopped up his wife with and ax and he was released on a technicality. I am wondering if there are easily accessible ways to receive counseling for seeing something as that.

[edit on 20/12/09 by toochaos4u]

[edit on 20/12/09 by toochaos4u]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I appreciate your thread here and efforts and do believe that the vast majority of law enforcement and military have only the best of intentions.

In the United States, the only criminal law of the land is Common Law. There is no other and there isn't any need for another. There are enormous efforts to make Common Law a dirty word. The founding fathers limited criminal courts to Common Law to specifically prevent the kinds of mass criminal behavior now taking place in the legal system as a direct result of avoiding Common Law. "Misdemeanor courts" are simply criminal enterprises committing massive Common Law violations daily.

Do you understand that all traffic violations such as speeding, red light, turn signal are not law what so ever? They are fictional law of contract and in order to apply them to people fraud and deception are used. That, by itself, is a serious violation of Common Law. This deception requires courts to avoid even identifying themselves because they are usually Admiralty courts masquerading as misdemeanor criminal courts.

Wouldn't you agree that 99% of all speeding ticket and the like are simply the result of a well intending human making a mistake? Not that it's a crime to being with, but most people, are just like you, they are well intending and want to be good citizens, wouldn't you agree?

I recently had an opportunity to watch a misdemeanor pre-trial court where people enter their plea. 60+ misdemeanor tickets in the room. Nothing representing real crime. 0 "criminals" in the room except for the Judge who violated all aspects of Common Law for each individual while eagerly offering to also keep the ticket off of there record for only and additional $80 charge. In a community of less that 2,000 people they where processing 60 people a day.

What level of awareness to you think most police officers have regarding the true corrupt and criminal nature of these low level courts?

Jordan Maxwell has indicated that gangs are more and more using colors and symbols associated with certain Masonic groups. Would you agree that the gangs could be deliberate franchises with high level NWO management?

Do you feel that Police officers should really be Peace officers and not ticket salesman?

Do you feel that not hurting other people, not interfering with other peoples property and not manipulating them mentally or emotionally (misleading them in or into agreements) is sufficient "Law"?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Semper, just to preface this, I've had mostly negative encounters with police. Including being roughed up, choked, stun-gunned, and arrested for merely calling a cop a fascist (because he threatened to "kick my ass" for not showing him my ID). Granted I was being a smartass (sticking up for my rights though), but it was ultimately incumbent upon him to act more responsibly than me as a "peace officer" yet he crossed the line 10 times further than I did, not to mention costing me (and I'm not rich by any means) around $3000 and a clean record. His badge doesn't make him automatically moral/ethical/justified, his badge is an illusion created by other humans that I've never met. Sorry, I digress (I'm a bit passionate about the issue).

Here are 3 questions that stick out in my mind:

1) When you really think hard about it, do you feel that it's actually sane and acceptable for our society to give some humans (police) much more power over other humans (the rest of the populace) arbitrarily and randomly on the streets?

...Especially considering police are strangers to the populace, don't know them, and in some cases may be less intelligent/ethical/moral than an individual, yet still have the right to bust their ass and charge them money.

2) Do you feel it's right to arbitrarily slap a one-size-fits-all cash fine on people committing small petty crimes/infractions?

...This places unfair/disproportional burden on the poor while the rich can handle fines/legal fees with much more ease. Also, a lot of traffic fines amount to pointless highway robbery for mostly trivial reasons. Not to mention, police essentially muscle innocent (meaning not guilty of a serious/harm-inducing crime) civilians out of their money many many many times more than any gang or mafia.

3) What are your thoughts on consensual crimes or crimes without any victim?

...For instance- curfew law (simply being outside of your house as a crime).

BONUS QUESTION (if you care to answer):
What do you think is the biggest problem with the legal system?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I used to dislike cops until I realized that, just like everyone else they also come in different shapes, sizes and personalities. And that they too want to survive and prosper in a world that makes little sense. The recent slayings in Washington only showed that cops are people too, mortal as the next and loved by someone, somewhere. Horrible thing to happen.
Anyhow, I know it's probably been asked of you a thousand times before but the question has bugged me for over 20 years.
Does a cop have to admit he's a cop if he's undercover and someone asks if he's a cop?
I say no and most ex felons say no but there are people that call "entrapment" and what not and say that it's the law that they have to reveal that they're a cop.
I know it's stupid but like I said it's been bugging me.
No need for vid you can U2U me whatever's easier.
Bust some bad guys for me.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
OK, this one will be coming from left field. Do you think that there's animosity between police officers and correctional workers?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Could you please explain what's a "correctional worker"?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Could you please explain what's a "correctional worker"?

Thanks.

It's not just Correctional Officers(CO's) but anyone that works in correctional facilities. Jails, prisons, ect.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Dude.....you need help. I mean, I believe in a lot of conspiracies, but you are ready to climb into a hole or the looney bin one of the two. I'm a member of a small town department with a total of five full time officers and thats including the Chief.
I've not had men in black, the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, Secret Service, or anyone else show up at my office asking me to take up firearms, put blue or red reflectors in front of people's houses, arrest people with Ron Paul bumper stickers, burn anyone's house that is pro constitution, dig mass graves, or swear an oath of allegiance to a shadow government.
If a doctor did a similar post and I was a doctor I would offer my support to him as well.
Lighten up man.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
love the daisy traipsing

you say you agree with some sort of marijuana reform, if you are allowed to go more in depth as to why without violating ats policy please do

2nd question just to play devils advocate

in, i believe your second video, you discuss how we have the right to travel, yet we do not have the right to operate an automobile, as there is nothing in the constitution stating anything along those lines.

it is my belief that our law is simply how the judge interprets the laws meanings, therefore it can be argued, since travel was so vastly different when the laws were written, if they had knowledge of travel by automobiles previous to writing the laws, it is fair to presume they would have included that in the right to freedom of travel

isnt it possible this law has simply been misinterpreted by the supreme court?

if it is a misinterpretation wouldnt it be reasonable to argue the dmv is an illegal entity?

also what is your opinion on the matter? should we have freedom to drive as we please unlicensed and unregistered simply forced to abide by traffic law?

i bring this up as this is a conspiracy site, and if the above is potentially possible, then there is potentially a conspiracy regarding the existence of the dmv

edited to say, i believe when you spoke of high speed pursuit you said it didnt really matter about registration and licensing because the large majority involve stolen cars, if that is the case, why need registration

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Dramey]

edited to also add to the 1st question, not only do you seem to be in favor of reform, you have stated in a way that changing marijuana laws to some extent would be the single biggest thing to lift some of the burden of the work cops have to do, freeing them up to deal with bigger things, if this is the case in your opinion, then in your opinion, why do you feel that authorities still fight the drug war against marijuana, especially when we are in a recession and things arent really going great in this country, and we need more manpower to fight bigger things like the wars in iraq and afghanistan

do you think it could be something as simple as ego?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well done Semper.

Takes some serious kahonies to front up as you are doing here. Much respect to you.

As you know some of my own experiences with Police have been less than positive - but you also know that speaks more about the person inside the uniform and not the uniform itself.

From time spent, as a fellow Staff Member, behind the scenes getting to see a bit more of 'Semper', you're one of the good guys...irregardless of what others may tar and feather you with.

You know who you are and what you are...those who know you better do as well.

Rock on brother.

A question if I may:
Knowing a few Police Officers personally, seeing them regularly over the years...I wonder: How have your experiences, what you've seen and what you've dealt with...how have they impacted upon your own concepts of such things as Spirituality, of Faith, of God and such.
Have those experiences strengthened any *belief* or cause it to be discarded?

-E

[edit on 20-12-2009 by alien]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What do you address yourself as? Police Man or Officer? or rather, what do they.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Semper you are doing a great deed here!

I personally have not had the best experiences with law enforcement. However, your demeanor and intentions have defiantly gave me a different perspective, that not all cops are bad. I have enjoyed watching your videos answers thus far.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
First, I would like to thank you for the time you took to respond to my and other questions, and for the job that you do.

You do not need to answer this in your video, as its not really a set of questions, and I do not mean this to pick on you in any way. However, in my experience with law enforcement friends, some of what you are saying is more then a little slanted. For example:

You say that Police do not use their badges to get discounts on things.
I know that officers I spend time with pull out their badge carriers on purpose all the time so that stores, restaurants, clubs, etc. extend them professional courtesy. I have seen this so often that it actually sickens me. I've gotten to the point where I just think to myself “god here comes that badge carrier again, here comes the maneuver were they 'accidentally' push up that flap of leather to expose the badge..”. Its like clockwork.

You say that officers do not tolerate other officers breaking the law.
Yet I know that it happens A LOT, and have seen it first hand. Some refer to their badges as “Get out of jail free cards”, and pulling their badge when they get pulled over as “badge bonding”. If we all go out to a club, officers drive so that we do not have to worry about getting pulled over. I personally have been given the “special” stickers, and such, that only law enforcement or their families are allowed to display on their vehicles due to my closeness with certain officers. I am sure you know the ones of which I speak, the blue and yellow sticker, the metal PBA stickers that only officers are given (not the plastic sticker that donaters get), etc. An officer has to do something really egregious to ever get called out on the carpet about anything they do.

You say that police do not have quotas.
Yet I have been around officers who will hang out at my friends house (who is also an officer) for hours. They will carry their radios in case they get a call, and will log into their computers to clear their messages, then after several hours they have to go “write a ticket” to show that they have put in a busy day. I have learned to never allow an officer to get behind me because if he is just hunting to fill that “busy day” he will pull me over for anything he can find just to write a ticket. Showing a “busy day” is just another term for “filling the daily quota”, no matter how you wish to justify it.

You say that you have never heard of a police officer having a God Complex.
Yet they are the second biggest group to have this disorder next to Doctors. It comes from years of getting to make life and death decisions over other people. It comes from being able to order others around, and them not be able to so much as question your authority. In corrections it comes from driving inmates for years. Its an even bigger issue in the corrections arena because prisoners have NO civil rights.

You say there is no Us/Them Mentality.
Officers are the most judgmental people I have ever been around. They label people instantly into five groups:

1) Fellow officers and military (Future officers
).
2) Family ( I sort of fall into this group with several).
3) Non officers who work as medical and rescue professionals that may someday have to save their lives (I mainly fall into this group).
4) Normal professional people who may potentially be criminals but have not done anything wrong...Yet!
5) Human excrement.

There is MOST CERTAINLY an Us/Them mentality. I can even see it when I hang around with officer friends and a fellow officer shows up, there is a distinct change in the way I am treated within the group that is different then it was before the second officer arrived. At first I thought it was my imagination, but another fellow medical person, who is also friends with these officers, has noticed the same exact thing. It has gotten to such a point with one officer, that I can call and instantly tell if there is another officer hanging out, if so I get off the phone as quickly as possible to avoid the wave of smart-assedness (showing off by talking down to the non-officer) that is sure to follow.

Now you claim that this is because officers have to depend on each other over life and death situations, yet these guys all work in different departments/agencies and will NEVER be called on to defend each other. Its more like a boys in blue club, and when they get together they have to compare who has the bigger asp. I find it difficult to grasp that you have never experienced this in your years of being an officer.

A bit of help for you with some of the things that other posters are mentioning...
People keep bringing up “Oath Keepers”, its not really an organization that requires anything of their members other then you sign a pledge with them that as a law enforcement officer you will defend the constitutional rights of others even if ordered to do otherwise. Its a good ideal, but I doubt that if the time comes, it will make any difference. In my experience, Police will follow the law even if its unjust, as long as its the law its justified in their minds. It will only matter to them if it happens to someone they care about.

Here is the website and the oath:

Oath Keepers
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Others keep bringing up stuff about Admiralty Law, and other Patriot Movement nonsense. I call it Nonsense, because that is exactly what it is, which has been proven time an again in case law:

Idiot Legal Arguments
Bernard Sussman has compiled the most extensive collection ever of legal citations and rulings related to these "patriot" arguments. This exhaustive concordance will be a valuable resource to attorneys and judges who will be thankful to discover that previous courts have often dealt with these issues before. However, this guide is also useful to laymen and others outside the judicial system willing to wade through all the citations. It is particularly valuable in helping people to understand the energy and ingenuity with which these extremist individuals seek to undermine or pervert the legal system through radical reinterpretations of our society’s laws. Taken together, these arguments, frivolous though they may be, represent an assault on the judicial system by people who would like to consider themselves immune to the laws that govern modern society. In putting together this collection of precedents, Bernard Sussman has provided a great service to all who wish to see the laws preserved.

Among other things this includes:
Driving without a license.
Declaring yourself a Sovereign.
Denying US citizenship.
Forcing police to fill out questionnaires.
Courtroom flag fringe.
Eagle on the flag pole.
Claiming the US is under Admiralty Law.
Etc...

Anyway...
Good thread so far, I am quite enjoying it.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the enlightening and personable thread.

Have you ever experienced something you could not explain during the line of duty. I'm leaning toward the paranormal/UFO side of things with this question.

I'm watching the second video by clicking the "thread" option under your name so pardon me if this is a duplicate question.

Oh, what's the best way to get our of a traffic ticket if I ever get stopped by you. ( I like to drive fast)

B

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I appreciate the fact that you couldn't answer my last question, and I'll probably always be left to wonder. So here are some questions you hopefully can answer.

1. When some one breaks into your home what rights do you have to defend yourself? I have heard that you have every right to shoot an intruder in your home and I have also heard it can land you in prison. Its scary to think you could spend the rest of your life in jail when it was kill or be killed while you where in your own home. I have heard stories where the intruder sued because of injuries they received after breaking in to someone else home.

2. trying not to get into the story of what happened, I've told it here before, but after my neighbor was raped, I always felt that what she had to go through for the cops to catch the guy was more traumatic than the rape its self (personal opinion since I'm not her). All the questioning right after it had just happened, the intrusive rape kit, ect. Have you personally ever felt that your involvement was making it harder for a victim to cope or that you were adding to the trauma, even though it was to keep this from happening to someone else, and do you think its worth it in some cases?

3. Do you have the belief that you must catch the criminal at all cost no matter who gets hurt in the process? I know some people fear going to the police because if the do that person might harm them or harm them worse.Its not like you can stand watch over that person 24/7 or keep the suspect from finding out someone contacted the police.

4. Sorry last one. Does it bother you when someone you arrested didn't get as much time as felt they deserved or got more than they deserved or do you think about it much. it seems most people on ATS seem to be in agreement that sentences seem to be to long for non violent crimes and short for rapists and pedophiles. Have you ever based on what you saw at the crime scene felt that the court system failed to promote justice?

Edit to say that aside from #1 which I really want an answer to, the rest you don't don't have to take the time to address unless you want to.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

You posted right after I just did this last video...

However, I really want to answer your question and will get to it first tomorrow..

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join