Communism, there is no worse destiny for mankind.

page: 10
11
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
the only true form of Communism ever practiced on Earth was in Israel. It was called the Kibbutz system I think. It worked well for them. I think sharing the wealth is a very nice gesture. Socialism has some good points. I has a hard time competing with capitalism. I'm not going to watch all those Utube videos, give it to me in a nutshell.




posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sharing the wealth is charity. I think this is a good thing. Sharing the wealth is Philanthropy. I think this is a good thing. What is it called when much is confiscated and very little is redistributed through taxes?

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]



posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hey All,

I just got back from Cuba this weekend and went on a historic tour of the city of Havana. Alot of great info was provided.

Some good and bad points can be said about communism as per the Cuban way of life.

GOOD.
People are generally quite happy, laid back, and healthy.
They get a full university education if wanted.
Cuba has one of the best Social Security systems in Latin America: free medical treatment, education and a basic food allowance.
1 doctor for every 140 persons.
Cuba has an effective Civil Defense System in case of natural disaster or hurracanes.
1 dentist for every 1000 persons.
Very limited crime. Harsh imprisonment and punishments if convicted.
Police do not carry guns (knives and billy-clubs ONLY)
Subsidized housing and transportation is provided to all citizens by government.
48% of the workforce is made up of women.

BAD.
After your initial food allowance, to receive extra rations of foods will cost 4x the cost of your allowed purchase. example: Rice would normally cost .80 Pesos initially and would cost 2.40 Pesos if you wanted extra)
You may not sell your home for profit. Must be sold back to government.
(Good incentive to keep it maintained though)
Professional persons (doctors, engineers, etc.) you are treated as a commodity of the country and may be sent to another country for exchange of another resource.
Housing is limited. Therefore you may need to share your home with other family members.
You are only allowed so much of an item per day/month/year. For example: Should a taxi operator run out fuel for his/her vehicle they will not be able to get more until the next business day.
Things like extra Toothpaste, extra bars of soap, cellphones, calling cards, and etc. are considered luxury items and are only purchasable with Convertible Pesos.
1 Convertible Pesos = 24.00 Pesos.
Cuba has no freedom of Speech or Press.


Export of Professional services (doctors, engineers, etc.) are treated as commodities in exchange for foreign resources. (GOOD OR BAD???) Haven't really decided on that one yet.

Generally, in the point of view from a Canadian citizen, the Cuban lifestyle is not very inviting. But on the other hand, as a Canadian Citizen, I feel that I am way too well off and spoiled compared to that of Cuban people, and generally they are a whole lot happier than anyone I know living here in Canada.

Socialism/Communism would be a great wake up call for the people living in a broken democracy, because we, as a people, have become way too spoiled in Canada and USA, and take WAY too many things for granted as a nation. GIMMY GIMMY NEVER GETS..... Learn from it would ya!!!!

I don't blame the hard working entrepreneurs of our countries for rejecting the idea of socialism, but money is not a motivation tool for people anymore (especially the youth), considering that we have the opportunity to have anything and everything we could dream of (HDTV's, cellphones, fine dining, luxurious clothes, speed boats, etc). We live in a country where people feel they deserve to be born with a silver spoon in their mouth. That is a problem, and socialism might be the only salvation to straighten us out. Again, we take way too many things for granted, and need to either step up as a nation and take responsibility for ourselves or be babysat through government control.

Blame it on the parents who wanted to provide their narcissistic children with everything they didn't have. SPOILED SPOILED SPOILED we are.
SPARE THE ROD, SPOIL THE CHILD??? What a #ing load of # that is.
We did it to ourselves.

If we continue on this current trend of ours, we are heading for disaster and will be swallowed WHOLE by some other nation. Guaranteed. Soooo, either sit back in your Lazy-boy recliner and watch your privileges (That's right, I said Privileges, not RIGHTS) be taken away, or get off your lazy ass and do something benevolent instead of thinking about yourself for a change.

Peace.





posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_of_truth
 


Look you seem like a likeable person. BUT I would put you in the realm of idealism. Honestly check out Trotsky's history. Check out Lenin and his brothers history. Stalin in his early days. Realize why he transformed. No matter what you think, this is not ancient history it is really contemporary as the world functions. When you understand those Communists and what they did in Russia you then can see their prodigy right here in America and other fat Christian countries.



posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million
 


i will thank you, and also thanks for taking the time to read what i put instead of just reading what you want and not generalizing to fit your own ideas (it has been known to happen here)



posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird
 


I almost crapped my draws after reading 'Your initial food alowance."

I do give Castro some credit for at least having that after all these years of standing up to the sicko Northwoods puke crew.



posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_of_truth
 


More than welcome. We are all in this together. Like it or not.
Vendetta is a hard stick to drop.



posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PreyBird
Hey All,

I just got back from Cuba this weekend and went on a historic tour of the city of Havana. Alot of great info was provided.

Some good and bad points can be said about communism as per the Cuban way of life.

GOOD.
People are generally quite happy, laid back, and healthy.
They get a full university education if wanted.
Cuba has one of the best Social Security systems in Latin America: free medical treatment, education and a basic food allowance.
1 doctor for every 140 persons.
Cuba has an effective Civil Defense System in case of natural disaster or hurracanes.
1 dentist for every 1000 persons.
Very limited crime. Harsh imprisonment and punishments if convicted.
Police do not carry guns (knives and billy-clubs ONLY)
Subsidized housing and transportation is provided to all citizens by government.
48% of the workforce is made up of women.

BAD.
After your initial food allowance, to receive extra rations of foods will cost 4x the cost of your allowed purchase. example: Rice would normally cost .80 Pesos initially and would cost 2.40 Pesos if you wanted extra)
You may not sell your home for profit. Must be sold back to government.
(Good incentive to keep it maintained though)
Professional persons (doctors, engineers, etc.) you are treated as a commodity of the country and may be sent to another country for exchange of another resource.
Housing is limited. Therefore you may need to share your home with other family members.
You are only allowed so much of an item per day/month/year. For example: Should a taxi operator run out fuel for his/her vehicle they will not be able to get more until the next business day.
Things like extra Toothpaste, extra bars of soap, cellphones, calling cards, and etc. are considered luxury items and are only purchasable with Convertible Pesos.
1 Convertible Pesos = 24.00 Pesos.
Cuba has no freedom of Speech or Press.


Export of Professional services (doctors, engineers, etc.) are treated as commodities in exchange for foreign resources. (GOOD OR BAD???) Haven't really decided on that one yet.

Generally, in the point of view from a Canadian citizen, the Cuban lifestyle is not very inviting. But on the other hand, as a Canadian Citizen, I feel that I am way too well off and spoiled compared to that of Cuban people, and generally they are a whole lot happier than anyone I know living here in Canada.

Socialism/Communism would be a great wake up call for the people living in a broken democracy, because we, as a people, have become way too spoiled in Canada and USA, and take WAY too many things for granted as a nation. GIMMY GIMMY NEVER GETS..... Learn from it would ya!!!!

I don't blame the hard working entrepreneurs of our countries for rejecting the idea of socialism, but money is not a motivation tool for people anymore (especially the youth), considering that we have the opportunity to have anything and everything we could dream of (HDTV's, cellphones, fine dining, luxurious clothes, speed boats, etc). We live in a country where people feel they deserve to be born with a silver spoon in their mouth. That is a problem, and socialism might be the only salvation to straighten us out. Again, we take way too many things for granted, and need to either step up as a nation and take responsibility for ourselves or be babysat through government control.

Blame it on the parents who wanted to provide their narcissistic children with everything they didn't have. SPOILED SPOILED SPOILED we are.
SPARE THE ROD, SPOIL THE CHILD??? What a #ing load of # that is.
We did it to ourselves.

If we continue on this current trend of ours, we are heading for disaster and will be swallowed WHOLE by some other nation. Guaranteed. Soooo, either sit back in your Lazy-boy recliner and watch your privileges (That's right, I said Privileges, not RIGHTS) be taken away, or get off your lazy ass and do something benevolent instead of thinking about yourself for a change.

Peace.


You made a great point, most of the people that hate capitalism are spoiled children of the middle and upper classes. They don't know what it takes to create wealth, the same wealth that makes free housing, free food, free hospital services free education and free everthing for the people on wealfare. The spoild brats think money grows on trees.

I'm sure you know that the cuban government wasn't going to show the reality that Cubans are stuck in, they showed you and others what they wanted you to see, no one is allowed to roam free anywhere they want to go in Cuba, or any communist hell hole.

If Cubans were allowed to leave Cuba there would be a flood of people leaving that country and heading to Florida. Many do escape and make their way to Florida, those that get caught get sent back in tears.



posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
the only true form of Communism ever practiced on Earth was in Israel. It was called the Kibbutz system I think. It worked well for them. I think sharing the wealth is a very nice gesture. Socialism has some good points. I has a hard time competing with capitalism. I'm not going to watch all those Utube videos, give it to me in a nutshell.


In a nutshell the only place anyone can climb out of communistic poverty is through freedom of enterprize also known as Capitalism. Millions have done it and are doing it. Granted it is getting more difficult here in the US thanks to Obama and other socialists that have taken over America due to spoiled voters clueless of the harships they will face without freedom in free enterprize.



posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed

Originally posted by earthdude
the only true form of Communism ever practiced on Earth was in Israel. It was called the Kibbutz system I think. It worked well for them. I think sharing the wealth is a very nice gesture. Socialism has some good points. I has a hard time competing with capitalism. I'm not going to watch all those Utube videos, give it to me in a nutshell.


In a nutshell the only place anyone can climb out of communistic poverty is through freedom of enterprize also known as Capitalism. Millions have done it and are doing it. Granted it is getting more difficult here in the US thanks to Obama and other socialists that have taken over America due to spoiled voters clueless of the harships they will face without freedom in free enterprize.


There is a downside to complete freedom in enterprise and it is not socialistic to try and stop monopolies and out of control banking. I really don't think Obama is a socialist but he does have some socialistic ideas. I am all for Capitalism but I don't have the warped view of Socialistic countries many on here have.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PreyBird

Cuba has one of the best Social Security systems in Latin America: free medical treatment, education and a basic food allowance.
1 doctor for every 140 persons.


We treat our poultry, cattle and swine fairly well too and keep them caged up like animals. Cubans have no freedom and are caged. What is the point of living if you have no freedom?

Rice allotments and free prpagandized education thanks a whole bunch Fidel Castro!


I'll take my freedom over food alotments and free propaganda any day!



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gdeed
 


are food is poison look at all the steroids in all the food we eat look at just look its not hard to find all the gm foods that have been banned in europe but are still being sold to fat americans why because americans well eat anything, capitalism makes this because nothing matters just profits



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird
 


Thanks for the info. I want to go to Cuba. I would never call Cuba a Communist country as it is not under any form of Worker's control. The apparachniks have taken over.

The Cuban revolution was populist and Castro only came to the Communist writing comparatively late in the revolution.

Cuba is under a brutal authoritarian regime.

T



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_of_truth
reply to post by gdeed
 


are food is poison look at all the steroids in all the food we eat look at just look its not hard to find all the gm foods that have been banned in europe but are still being sold to fat americans why because americans well eat anything, capitalism makes this because nothing matters just profits


That explains why Americans voted in a bunch of Socialists who are running the country into the ground.
I just thought it was because we weren't all that smart now days.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5


Cuba is under a brutal authoritarian regime.



That's what communism is a brutal authoritarian regime. Communism is not a fun beach party from a 1960s television show as most people seem to believe.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed
 


again you add nothing to the argument all you do is make little things to make you feel like you added something in reality all you did was make you look like a fool no offense



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_of_truth

again you add nothing to the argument all you do is make little things to make you feel like you added something in reality all you did was make you look like a fool no offense


From little things come big ideas. Writing tons of manafestoes like the left likes to do in order to confuse the issues only causes us to chop down more trees for all that worthless paper the left uses.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
OOKaayy

what chile and Iran under the Shah have both proven is that rightwing governments are also capable of Brutal authoritarian regimes. The same goes for South Africa under Pik Botha and Rhodesia under Smith. Cuba and Russia do not have a monopoly on Brutal authoritarianism.

In my next post I may even give an explanation as to why the soviet union is not communist.

T



posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
OOKaayy

what chile and Iran under the Shah have both proven is that rightwing governments are also capable of Brutal authoritarian regimes. The same goes for South Africa under Pik Botha and Rhodesia under Smith. Cuba and Russia do not have a monopoly on Brutal authoritarianism.

In my next post I may even give an explanation as to why the soviet union is not communist.

T


Communism is any system that hates Capitalism and the freedom it creates for its people. There are fewer and fewer Capitalist countries, most countries control Capitalism therefore restricting freedom and prosperty to all but the upper rulling classes. That's called Socialism, a few steps above the dreadful Communism.



posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5


Cuba is under a brutal authoritarian regime.

T



Amen to that. Here in the west we call that communism. Leftwingers like to sugar coat communism and socialism and now are choking on that sugar coating.





new topics
top topics
 
11
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

log in

join