It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible New Documentary: "Quantum Communication"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

First of all, trying to circumvent the censors, of COURSE your post is going to be moderated -- AGAIN.

Secondly, how hard you believe you are right doesn't make you right. Unfortunately some of the people featured in the documentary have educational backgrounds which you do not possess. So calling them stupid proves nothing except how unreasonable you are being, and no, ad hom is not being "reasonable."

And I'm sure you have noticed most people here do not agree with your consistently pessimistic views anyway. If we all followed your lead, everyone would be miserable. I suppose that would be the only thing that would actually make you happy, everyone else being as miserable as the views you always espouse. You are about the definition of a scientific materialist, and not even one that adheres strictly to the scientific principle at that, only to the feeling of materialistic pessimism. You are certainly entitled to be as pessimistic as you want, but even this documentary tells you that your bad attitude and whining isn't going to take you very far in this life. That's the entire point they are getting at, though it has clearly gone right over your head every single time. You get what you give.

When you are positive, when you look at the world in a positive light, you will SEE it in a positive light, and you will be happy.

When you are negative, and see only negative and bad things in the world, you are cursed to being miserable until the day you change your sorry attitude.

That is the BOTTOM LINE that all this stuff you call bull is getting at, and to me and virtually everyone else here it is common sense. It's all about the "observer." Even science depends on the interpretation of a human being observer -- 100% of the time, and empirically so.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

I don't subscribe to any religion. So I'm not sure what I am a "fanatic" of.

If someone non-religious can be a fanatic, then you are equally a fanatic for repeatedly expounding pessimistic views of the universe without scientific reason for doing so. You claim things as if they are scientific when they are not even scientifically quantifiable, ie the "painful truth" (your words) that "there's nothing special about our death or conscience or lives." That is not a scientifically quantifiable statement, that is a negative attitude! Even IF anything in the documentary is bull, meet the kettle, pot, you two have a damned lot in common though you hate to see it. It is all about your attitude and what you CHOOSE to make of your life. If there is no inherent meaning to the universe (and I agree there isn't) what's to stop you from creating your own meaning since you are the observer and you are alive?

I am still waiting for scientific validation of "there's nothing special about our death or conscience or lives," or even a method by which this can even be quantified.

Maybe there's nothing special about YOURS, but that's just because of your attitude! People who actually have more confidence in themselves and recognize beauty and mystery in the universe go on to great accomplishments -- Einstein, Newton, Copernicus and so many more great minds, certainly not limited to scientific achievements but also in the arts. All of them were mystified by reality and inspired by it, not repulsed and subdued and pessimistic about the whole thing. That is a nasty, broken attitude as any good parent would hopefully teach their child at a young age.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
All I'm saying is that it's a crying shame that we don't have stupidity censors.

I know, right? Then I wouldn't have to read ANY of your posts.

Wow, now we've entered fully into the land of straw men. I argue against an inaccuracy and BAM, I'm pessimistic? OMFG you awesome.

I have encountered you enough times on this forum to know what your general outlook on life and "philosophy" consists of.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Oooh damn! Good come back! I think an eight year old used that one on me.

Your stupid

No you are!

Let me know when you grow up a bit there sweetcakes.

YOU were the one just whining about how everyone posting was stupid except for you. Yeahhhh, riiight.

See:

OK, I'm a bit drunk/cocked right now and I have been discussing the damned topic. What pisses me off the most is having my posts removed and not flipping seeing retarded posts removed.

pessimism is something I can't stand. I think life is wonderful, unique and beautiful.

I can tell. That's why you come here to poo poo on everybody that knows better than you do, right?

I'm sorry if I don't have any beliefs in magical things and perhaps this is where and how your drawing your conclusion, but then that would only make you a flaming retard for not being able to discern my outlook properly due to your biased opinionated beliefs of reality, now wouldn't it?

Nope, you just sound like an old sourpuss to me. That's why you post all this garbage here, calling us all names and getting hammered and posting and whining about how dumb we all are. You set a great example for materialists everywhere.

You've never studied philosophy much at all, have you?

[edit on 30-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Ah OK, I'm an old sourpuss because I don't believe in magical things.

The only difference between magic and science is understanding...

Nah, I'd rather stick with actually discovering new thing's by working the problem out objectively instead of 'thinking' about it.

You should think about the observations of science rather than just observing and repeating the observations...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You haven't shown a damned thing wrong, all you are doing is saying we're wrong and cussing at us. Do you see any of us calling you a "retard" despite the blatant stupidity of what you've been posting? You have your doubts, fine, but you still haven't proven a thing and don't even know what you're talking about. And despite anything we post you don't even WANT to know what you're talking about, you just want to jump up and down and throw a drunken fit.

I think philosophy is cute, but I rather like the dirty hands approach of science in discovering reality.

Science itself comes from philosophy. Which you would know if you knew anything about philosophy. But now that we know you don't bother with thinking, it's not surprising you wouldn't value philosophy anyway.

Nah, I'd rather stick with actually discovering new thing's by working the problem out objectively instead of 'thinking' about it.

Yeah, screw thinking, you don't need to think to 'work out a problem'.

The only reason you can't help but trash talk all this stuff and call it "magic" is because you don't have the foggiest understanding of it. Maybe you should learn what "respect" is and why it's important when you're brushing up on philosophical thinking. You are stuck in Aristotelian thinking but probably don't even know what that means, but you don't have to, to be ignorant. Your entire mode of thinking was debunked as soon as quantum mechanics were experimentally verified but you don't even know enough to realize it.

Check out the book "Quantum Psychology" in my sig. It explains why your materialistic views are based on assumptions about reality that have since been proven total nonsense. They stem from ancient Greece. I know you're not going to, but you can't say you weren't told. It just means you're being willfully ignorant now. But then I guess that is nothing really new either.

Summed up, you're an obnoxious troll. Don't drink and post, your true "thinking" comes out too much and gives you away.

You have no business on the philosophy forum if you think thinking is worthless.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Once again you prove nothing and take the opportunity to just talk a bunch of trash. You didn't prove anything on the pages you refer to, either, it's just more trash talk. Come on man, where did you learn how to "debate"? How are posts like that NOT trolling? You know there are standards for posting here.

"Hands on" vs. "thinking," which is going to produce the best intellectual results? HMMMM, let me think about that.. No wait, let me put my hands on that...

Are you being serious or is this some kind of obscure prank?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I already told you your philosophy (that you are unconscious of even participating in) is Aristotelian from ancient Greece...

en.wikipedia.org...

Are you even knowledgeable enough about this to tell me in your own words what this means (Aristotelianism) and how it relates to quantum mechanics?

I know, I know, this involves thinking without your hands... Just try your best.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Sure, why not, and amidst all your vitriol you ignore the fact that science came from philosophy, is based on philosophical implications, and the materialistic assumptions first made by the Greeks have now been overturned yet all your nonsense you keep spewing is based on materialistic views of the universe. That is your entire problem. Your whole way of "thinking" (ie with your hands
) is outdated trash and you're incapable of comprehending this, and refuse to see or consider anything that challenges it. You are so dense you must think you are right no matter what anyone ever says, ever.

I posted you a link.

It links you to an article that explains how this philosophy assumes "meaning" is inherent to objects. That is the original Greek basis for all your materialistic garbage.

Whether or not you "feel" thinking is worthwhile, your mind tries to do it automatically and subsequently you reveal yourself to be of a mindset that is determined by this outdated philosophy.

I could say more but I'm afraid if I say anything too close to terms and ideas you already "feel" you are familiar with, you'll just automatically start puking all over this thread page again.

So since you are unwittingly practicing philosophy anyway, why don't you look this stuff up and educate yourself?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Does "mindless" mean asking you to consider something you have no clue about?

en.wikipedia.org...

Can you tell me what Aristotelianism and materialism in general even mean to you?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

No, it isn't a straw-man, and furthermore, you can't call it a straw-man if you don't even understand what it means.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join