It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible New Documentary: "Quantum Communication"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I'm not talking about looking for their material possessions. I'm talking about the spiritual and philosophical texts they left behind. If all you are concerned with is material objects and material gain, it's little wonder that you don't find any value here. If all you want is material gain, have at it, my friend. You have your whole life to amass as much crap as you can before you die, then you won't have anything.

Says the man behind the computer.

Maybe the real reason there are so many "skeptics" here, is because underneath their criticisms is faith in the belief that the universe itself is meaningless and dead and dumbly mechanical with no inherent order at all.

Or perhaps because some people look into all claims as best they can rather than prematurely applauding them? I personally find the universe and reality to be one of the most wondrous thing's, but I don't sensationalize the wonderment of the universe by any means.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
Not excuses, just being realistic, I have three kids, the youngest being two weeks old. My time is simply more important spent with them rather than four days on the internet.

Well then can you stop with the meaningless arguing?

As annoying as your bizarrely confrontational attitude is I’m actually interested in your opinion on the material…can you discuss some specifics?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Hi JayinAR, thanks for the final part as I it was missing from the top thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Hi Sirnex, I too am perplexed as to why you are trying to fight your corner as it is just a matter of opinion. Please just stop and agree to disagree. All these negative vibes will not be good for your family life and your two week old baby. I can appreciate your time limits, so use it constructively and just leave this subject as none of it can be proven it is just that people believe what they believe and you coming up with a book to refute it will not change their opinions. If it is true about the 'Weak Force' actually being a 'Psychic Energy' as is portrayed in part 10 then time will tell as these guys get own to experimentation. Just chill out and do the things you want to do with your kids....This is not a flaming thread from me only trying to be objective.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

If it is true about the 'Weak Force' actually being a 'Psychic Energy' as is portrayed in part 10

Yea, according to the laws of physics, it isn't true and without this force we wouldn't exist as we exist if we could exist at all. Tiller make's a fun claim about this force:

Chapter 1 introduces the power of weak electromagnetic forces to govern cellular behavior in the brain and in biological systems. The author then calls attention to an ancient way to treat bodily disturbances by accessing acupuncture points that have recently been shown to activate weak electromagnetic forces.
source

The weak force is already active and if ever wasn't we wouldn't be around to reactivate it with a bunch of needles. If you want some factual information rather than sensationalized made up hoopla then read up on the weak force. source

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Well then can you stop with the meaningless arguing?

It's not meaningless to me when someone argues a baseless unfounded opinion of me.

As annoying as your bizarrely confrontational attitude is

Yes, I can be quiet confrontational. I don't really put up with much and it doesn't take much to set me off arguing. lol. My wife and I aren't allowed to discuss religion and politics even though we both hold the same opinions and views on the subjects. I suppose I'm just a little more openly aggressive in my views.

I’m actually interested in your opinion on the material

I'm actually surprised given our discussion in another thread. Given your opinions in the other thread, I would assume that this film would be confirmation for you on your views. I appreciate your interest then.

can you discuss some specifics?

I brought up earlier the sensationalized and erroneous claim given just mere seconds into the beginning of the first clip on the nature of the Fifth Solvay Conference. v01i0 brought up the lack of information obtainable by so called 'experts' through out the film. Paradox. raised a very good question in regards to the "pendant" experiment.

There are so many different points and inconsistencies that I really don't know where to begin. Take the claim in part 12, I can find no scientific backing that there are nine levels of the cosmos. What evidence does the film present for this claim? Literally nothing nor is any evidence obtainable elsewhere. I can't find it for the life of me and they omit any such evidence. If you have any specific points in the film that interest you specifically, I'll be more than happy to take a crack at it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
the spaced out brunettes pretty good lookin lol. the narrator sounds like he's stoned high too, which is fitting with this docu, but seriously... i think i got something out of it. sure a decent amount of it is BS as some more irritated and skeptical posters have pointed out, but nonetheless it was a good way to spend a few hours of my life at dark thirty in the morning. to tell you the truth i dont remember half of what they talked about, it just had that stuff that sticks with you

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thank you so much for this - a much needed synthesis, one I've been waiting for.

...I do find the narrator's voice to be a bit off-putting and droning, but know it's difficult to find the right "tone" for this kind of stuff. My sense at this point is that a slightly manipulative BBC/CBC news anchor approach might be most effective... My 2c.

Thanks again,
sofi

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I watched the entire video and thought it was informative on some topics and then completely wrong on others. As far as I know, the experimental data in the video is completely true. I have read about some of those experiments, but the heart sending signals was a completely foreign concept to me. I had seen the heartbeat sensor in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but didn't realize it was real until I watched this video and looked up verification.

I have to say that a lot of the speculation and theory building in the movie sounds either wrong or non-scientific. I have read several books on quantum mechanics, and I can clearly see that several points of speculation(a soul mate, a language of the universe, a psychic force) can not be inspired by merely considering quantum mechanics.

As far as I can tell, the only claim the movie makes that can be related to quantum mechanics is the fact that there are non-local, instantaneous effects in psychic ability just as there are non-local reduction effects in quantum mechanics. It is too bad that the movie didn't make this point, as it would be a valid one.

The biggest problem I have with the movie is what Tiller said about his theory of faster than light communication. He kept talking about signals traveling at the speed of light squared or the speed of light cubed as if they were speeds. The speed of light squared(or cubed) is not a speed at all.

Let me demonstrate:
Based on the way Tiller was doing the math
(1000 m/s) = (1 km/s)
square both sides to get
(1000000 m/s) = (1 km/s) which is impossible

When you square speeds you must have it in terms of
(distance squared)/(time squared) which is not a speed.
E = mc^2 works only because energy is supposed to be in terms of a particular mass times a particular speed squared.

Based on my complaints it probably sounds like I didn't enjoy the video, but in all truth I did. I feel like there was enough factual information that I could sift out to make it worthwhile. In particular, learning that the heart reacted to precognition before the brain was very interesting. Also, learning about bio photon experiments was cool too.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by theorhetoric1]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Hi Sirnex, Thanks for the links to the weak force and
Tiller. It was well above my head as it made no sense, gobbledikook to me so I still don't know anything. Probably need to take a Physics course to understand it....That's why the layperson doesn't know anything about physics as it is hard to take in and understand. I wish someone would let us into the secrets that we can all understand?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Everything is Connected
All is by design
We are All One~
check out the paper - Living from the Heart
www.eventtemples.com
it really concides with the unified knowledge in these videos...!

LOVE

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAAAHAHA
Wow, i really really enjoyd that. I have for some time now, been trying to get my head around that part, and i gotta tell you, that really helped me. Where do you guys come up with theese???? Thank you for posting that.

I send you my loving feelings

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Removed: I went off topic and have nothing more to add to the thread.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by nunya13]

[edit on 21-12-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Given your opinions in the other thread, I would assume that this film would be confirmation for you on your views. I appreciate your interest then.

My opinions in the other thread are based on experience with psycholinguistic brain damage studies, but I don’t know much professional experience with physics.

The mind is separate from the physical reality, this is a fundamental fact I believe is logically and scientifically undeniable.

But does the mind create reality? Not so sure about that one…

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

The mind is separate from the physical reality, this is a fundamental fact I believe is logically and scientifically undeniable.

I disagree and so appears does the very scientific definition of mind and the various topics of mind research by neuroscience and other fields of science. As inquired in the other thread in question, you've still not put forth any evidence for this opinion.

But does the mind create reality? Not so sure about that one…

At least we can agree on something. I tend to view the belief that human consciousness is what creates reality as a mild form of narcissism. I'll argue against such views by stating that it isn't human consciousness, it's instead aliens from tau ceti that create reality.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I disagree and so appears does the very scientific definition of mind and the various topics of mind research by neuroscience and other fields of science. As inquired in the other thread in question, you've still not put forth any evidence for this opinion.

Science does not in any way disagree with the fact that the mind is separate from the brain; in fact in my experience it supports it.

Science may support it, but logic proves it.

The brain cannot feel, it creates a message that is felt.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

The brain cannot feel, it creates a message that is felt.

Message felt by what? Are you trying to state that a lack of full understanding of the complete inner workings of the brain is what give's rise to a disembodied entity in which no conclusive evidence for exists? I don't particularly enjoy debating with 'gap theorists'.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
oh wow! typical new-age stuff which starts by mentioning some very well known names in science, invoke some of their theories and then completely fall down the rabbit hole of nonsensical pseudo science with new terms and logic invented by the author.

i got fed-up with the narator's voice and their soul mate stuff after the 7th part. seriously when you're trying to sensationalize the electric field of the body (like we didn't already have EEG or EKGs for almost a century) and you're trying to apply quantum-anything to the whole human or to the whole brain that smells like dirt.

oh well critical thinking and basic science isn't being taught in schools anymore so why not just make up our own science and "facts"??

and of course you'll say "skeptics just don't understand this profound stuff" blah. ok well you sure do understand all this because you've clearly ascended into a higher dimension
of course you've come back to earth form so that you can guide those who need it
right!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

I think what you meant was,

"Oh, great! A bunch of stuff I don't already agree with. I don't share views with this documentary, and I don't particularly care to, it's too mushy and empowering for my bad ass, so I'm just going to trash talk it now. Everyone who believes there is anything to this documentary is stupid and I laugh at you. You are all still stuck here on Earth so I am better than you all."

I think that's a pretty accurate translation, but then again, I was just reading between the lines.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Message felt by what?

Exactly.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join