It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible New Documentary: "Quantum Communication"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow... I was all prepared to do a complete full rebuttal thread to this 'mockumentary', but the sheer amount of erroneous information and quotations taken out of context and misrepresentations of quantum mechanics is a full books worth. I don't know if I have that much patience and time to write such a lengthy response. This coming from just the first clip!

I might still attempt it, but this is going to take much longer than I thought it would and if I do attempt it, I might as well write it in book format and get it published if possible. Would be kind of cool to make money off the ignorance and purposeful deceit and misrepresentations of others!

All I can offer is a word of advice: Research the claims, do a little fact checking and you will come away from this 'mockumentary' a hell of a lot smarter than before when you blindly applauded it.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Well I certainly hope you DO create a rebuttal thread!
Otherwise, you seem to resemble one of the ATSIS that you like to talk about.

Either do it or don't.
Don't spout crap about how uber intelligent you are without bringing it to the table.

PS - I'd be more than interested in seeing you "rebutt" the experiments that are conducted throughout these videos. Thanks in advance.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Well I certainly hope you DO create a rebuttal thread!
Otherwise, you seem to resemble one of the ATSIS that you like to talk about.

Believe me, I want to do a rebuttal badly. I mean, let's take the opening sequence of the 'mockumentary' and it's claims of the Fifth Solvay Conference. The 'mockumentary' lays claim through sensationalism.

From the video: 0:48

"A new proposal of mind over matter was admitted to try to resolve inexplicable behaviors in quantum mechanics."

This may seem nit picky and unimportant, but it is quiet important as this opening sequence is laying the very foundation of the rest of the 'mockumentary'. If they manage to outright lie and sensationalize the aim of the conference right in the beginning of the film, then how seriously can the rest of the film be taken?

The Fifth Solvay Conference never discussed any implications of mind over matter at all. What was discussed was a newly formulated quantum theory. You can read the various aspects discussed at that conference from this link. Even the claim that these 'secrets' were discovered at the conference is bogus BS. These aspect of quantum theory were not discovered at the conference, they were discussed at the conference.

Either do it or don't.
Don't spout crap about how uber intelligent you are without bringing it to the table.

As I explained, I do want to do it, but for reasons clearly defined I don't have the time nor patience to go into such great length of detail to explain everything that needs to be explained. I also never once made any claim to the level of intelligence in comparison to anyone here in this thread. All I did was offer a word of advice that perhaps people should exercise a smidgen of personal accountability when it come's to learning new information. No one will judge you for taking the initiative to check the 'facts' claimed by this 'mockumentary'.

PS - I'd be more than interested in seeing you "rebutt" the experiments that are conducted throughout these videos. Thanks in advance.

Refute, not rebutt; Sorry to nitpick. There is no experiment in regards to quantum mechanics that discusses any aspect of Mind having any effect on the outcome of the experiments. Why don't you give me just one experiment and I'll break it down as simplistically as I can for you to understand. I hate to say this, but your attack on me is quiet silly as the attack is born from a fault of your own intention. It is of no consequence of my own if you wish to remain lazy and decide not to heed the advice given to check the facts.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

There was no attack.
Sorry you perceived it that way.
I just gave you a thumbs down as you are behaving hypocritically.

And what is this, a bait and switch? Look man, I haven't made any claims here. You stated that you wished to create a proper rebuttal and that's all I'm trying to hold you to. If you can't, then you shouldn't speak about it as if you can.

Furthermore, I never said that I wouldn't check the facts of the "mockumentary", as you term it. As of right now, I'm still watching the videos. Thusfar, I am pleasantly surprised by them.
If, after having finished the videos, I decide that I need to do any further investigation on the matter, I will, thank you very much.
This isn't a life and death situation here, I am free to do as I will, as are you.

But a little integrity is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Text
Text Black
We live on a planet that has 6 billion minds on it, there are bound to be the ones that are more open to thinking differently.
We live in a universe that has the potential of being what ever it wants to be or what ever we want it to be.
The people of this world all 6 billion has the potential to be and believe what ever the universe has to offer us the only thing needed is the willingness to see beyond your own boundaries or limited beliefs that each and ever one of us hold dear to our hearts.

It really does not matter, what any one of us believe, for as they say knowledge is key it does not matter what limited understanding one might have or hard evidence is needed. We all believe what we want to believe, regardless of fact or fiction the universe creates all that there is regardless of what any one of us believe to be true or not.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey there, I just wanted to personally thank you for posting this series. It has truly helped me to explain why some things happen in my life and understand more about the nature of all things. An addition to this is, well, I don't want to say it because it's illegal but.. look up the documentary "'___': The Spirit Molecule". '___' is naturally produced in our brains and released right before the time of death; alot of the experiences people have had with this drug tie right into this documentary. Just thought I would share that.
(I do not condone or promote the illegal use of substances in any way, shape, or form)

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Please do elaborate on why this is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Seriously... Please don't tell me that you are going to put some religious spin on it. Why can't you believe that we are divine and that WE can affect our reality/universe. This is what the people in control don't want us to know. I am grateful that these types of documentaries are coming out in order to wake us up. It could be the biggest conspiracy of all ages. You are a god/goddess and they don't want you to know!

Open your mind... the truth will come out one way or another.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

There was no attack.
Sorry you perceived it that way.
I just gave you a thumbs down as you are behaving hypocritically.

Learn how to use the word hypocrite.

Look man, I haven't made any claims here.

Not sure why your whining about that as I never mentioned that you had made any claims.

You stated that you wished to create a proper rebuttal and that's all I'm trying to hold you to. If you can't, then you shouldn't speak about it as if you can.

Well, your quiet right, I did state I wanted to do a rebuttal to this 'mockumentary', I was going to do the rebuttal either the night I mentioned it or this morning. Yet after getting all comfortable sitting down and ready and reviewing the film, I realized just how daunting and immense this task was for me.

Hey, I have three kids sitting around wanting to go out in the snow, redecorate the tree and what not. I initially thought the rebuttal wouldn't be that tasking, and after realizing it was I made a new post admitting to as much. There is no hypocrisy there at all. I just simply do not have the time a week before Christmas to devote to such a lengthy rebuttal. Maybe after the New Year I'll take a crack at it when my time is more freed up.

It's not that I can't refute the 'mockumentary', it's that I have no time in which to refute it at this moment properly.

Furthermore, I never said that I wouldn't check the facts of the "mockumentary", as you term it.

I never said that you wouldn't, I simply suggested that perhaps people applaud the film prematurely, that perhaps they should perform fact checking first. You want to talk about integrity with me?

As of right now, I'm still watching the videos. Thusfar, I am pleasantly surprised by them.
If, after having finished the videos, I decide that I need to do any further investigation on the matter, I will, thank you very much.

I honestly hope you do, then you can dispose of that smug arrogant surprise and realize the futility of this little spat between you an I.

This isn't a life and death situation here, I am free to do as I will, as are you.

I agree, and I freely choose to deny ignorance where ever I may see it. Not to applaud it. I study and research this topic and various others on an almost daily basis just for the fun of it. Just for the sake of learning new and interesting thing's. If there is any aspect in the film you don't understand or find questionable, send me a U2U.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

From your signature?

"ATSIS Members are easy to spot, they're the one's who will tell you that you just don't get it while professing a "truth" without showing the work."

-------------------------------------

What I mean by hypocritical are the repeated statements that you are going to do a long drawn out rebuttal, telling people that this is bunk (mockumentary) and then decline to do as you outlined initially. "Without showing your work."

How about lets just leave it at that? I'm not calling you a member of the "ignorance squad" (how cute)... But yeah, I think I understand the term hypocrite quite well.

Your suggestion to fact-check is duely noted. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

haha don't waste your time on that guy.

I've seen him before, just fuels arguments with his arrogant all knowing attitude.

The day this world understands the possibilities within it, will be amazing.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

But yeah, I think I understand the term hypocrite quite well.

Hm... I bet you think you understand the word misrepresenting as well to huh?

Hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
source

Now, am I acting in contradiction or not? I suppose it might be a matter of perspective here; But for the fun of it, let's lay out the statements I made and determine if they are indeed hypocritical in nature.

OK, so here is my first statement in regards to refuting the film:

"Meh, I suppose later today I'll have roughly four huge post's possibly for every video posted. That's just what I predict will end up happening based on the first three sentences in the first movie being wrong and couple that with the amount of explanation and sources to cite to prove it wrong hopefully enough to the point where arrogant ignorance can't really argue against the evidence at hand.

So, looking forward to later tonight or sometime tomorrow morning to educate the masses! "

OK, so I made a predictive comment on how lengthy the rebuttals to each clip would be based on just the opening sequence of the first clip. I then later down the line make note that I will get around to either that night or tomorrow morning.

Here is what I said earlier today:

"Wow... I was all prepared to do a complete full rebuttal thread to this 'mockumentary', but the sheer amount of erroneous information and quotations taken out of context and misrepresentations of quantum mechanics is a full books worth. I don't know if I have that much patience and time to write such a lengthy response. This coming from just the first clip!"

OK, so I was certainly prepared to refute the film, but after setting up to do so I realized just how daunting and tasking such a refutation would be. As was earlier told to you by me, I have three kids, I just simply don't have that much time for such exhaustive work.

I later go on to state:

"I might still attempt it, but this is going to take much longer than I thought it would and if I do attempt it, I might as well write it in book format and get it published if possible. Would be kind of cool to make money off the ignorance and purposeful deceit and misrepresentations of others!"

That I might indeed still attempt the rebuttal when I have the time for a proper rebuttal.

Let's move back to your claim:

"I just gave you a thumbs down as you are behaving hypocritically. "

Let me re-post that definition you claim you are well aware of.

Hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Now, what exactly does contradiction mean and we would have to know what it means as it's very important to the definition of hypocrite.

Contradiction: a proposition, statement, or phrase that asserts or implies both the truth and falsity of something b : a statement or phrase whose parts contradict each other source

Interesting don't you think? When my statements are taken into context, they don't appear to be contradictory or hypocritical at all. See, when something is stated and then corrected, there is no contradiction going on. I made a mistake and simply corrected that mistake. You made a mistake and now I had to take the time to correct your mistake so you could see that mistake and quit misrepresenting me.

Your suggestion to fact-check is duely noted. Thanks.

All I can do is give the advice. It's up to you how you wish to apply that advice. Either heed it or continue applauding every little thing you hear.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
reply to post by JayinAR

haha don't waste your time on that guy.

I've seen him before, just fuels arguments with his arrogant all knowing attitude.

The day this world understands the possibilities within it, will be amazing.

You then don't understand my opinions and arguments. I've continuously made mention numerous time's that I am certainly open minded to all possibilities, but the reason of argumentation is very sound. I just don't run around applauding erroneous information as if it were written on the back of the tablets that contain the ten commandments.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I didn't misrepresent anything.

Let me give you a run-down of how I received your posts thusfar.
1) Guy comes in who obviously believes that he has enough knowledge on this subject that he considers the videos laughable even though he hasn't watched them yet.
2) But that's cool because he is going to watch them anyways and then offer a rebuttal. Maybe I'll get to learn something here afterall.
3) Excuses, excuses, excuses. Yet he is still posting that these videos are bunk (has he still not watched them?)
4) His signature is hilarious considering the fact that he has really done NOTHING in this thread other than to say the content is bogus.

So, well done!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

On the previous page of this thread, I made some checks on the credentials of the 'experts' appearing on this film. I found out them to be somewhat obscure excluding few cases.

The 7 first parts which I viewed, only William Tiller is a professor that holds office in university:

William Tiller, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Emeritus

Stanford University

-v

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
edit: nevermind

[edit on 20-12-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

There was one more segment to the videos that you didn't link in the OP.

Here it is.

Overall I thought the videos were generally good. Of course, much of this stuff is untouchable with Science. It will be interesting to see if they can actually prove any of the stuff about the conscious power that they are claiming. In that last video they are talking about setting up a network of sensors around the globe to measure the effects of human thought processes on the ionosphere.
Good meditation material overall though. Very good!

There is a genuine mystery involved when dealing with this stuff, but some of their assumptions lost me. I mean, are they really suggesting that Jesus was able to do all of those miraculous things because he understood some secret language?

Possible I guess, but I need to see much more.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I got from this video that these scientists have went out on a limb to unify the theory of the 'Subtle Force' or 'Weak Force' as something called 'Psychic Energy' that all scientists cannot explain or come up with an equation for it, so they just ignore any explanation of it.
Scientists know it is there but because they cannot imperically prove it then it gets pushed aside with no unification of how everything works.
If you skip to part 10 it is explained there but without seeing the rest of the video you might not grasp the lead up to this part without seeing the other nine parts first. It makes perfect sense to me even though it cannot be proven by an equation or empirical evidence.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by sirnex

On the previous page of this thread, I made some checks on the credentials of the 'experts' appearing on this film. I found out them to be somewhat obscure excluding few cases.

The 7 first parts which I viewed, only William Tiller is a professor that holds office in university:

William Tiller, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Emeritus

Stanford University

-v

I was surprised no one seemed interested in these phantom 'experts'. The funny thing with Tiller, a guy from another thread kept going on about how he was from MIT and I told him I could find no information of him being at MIT, but all I could find was the Standford University page you linked to.

It's great to see people applaud phantom experts, it really is. Boost's the ego!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I mean, are they really suggesting that Jesus was able to do all of those miraculous things because he understood some secret language?

Possible I guess, but I need to see much more.

Whether he existed or not, it is my belief that the story of Jesus was meant to convey this "secret knowledge" of what we humans are truly capable of. I think that is why, in the story, Jesus made a point to say that we can all do what he did. You just have to believe it. Or, have faith, if you will. (Edit: I personally do not believe the story of Jesus to be factual. But I do believe we should take heed of the messages being conveyed in it)

I don't know much about the science of it all. But it's interesting in the least to think about. There may not be evidence to back it all up but if we assume it's true, it could explain a lot of things that we humans question and wonder about all the time.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I don't know, ya' know? Like I said, I thought the videos were generally very good.
Even considering they may have misrepresented the qualifications of some of their "experts", the concepts are still cool to ponder on.

My next meditation should be a very pleasurable experience.

On a side note, I think I can possibly figure out a way to test this... and admittedly, it seems absolutely silly... I'm going to try and turn my left eye green.
I have blue eyes. I think one green and one blue would be pretty cool.

And honestly, that is about as seriously as it can be taken at this point.

Like I said though, if they can get their network of sensors up and running and actually prove that human intention creates a powerful subtle energy force, then perhaps they can get working on this idea in a more serious way.

If that happens, we may be in for some very interesting times!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join