It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Rappers Hold Their Guns Sideways?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Because its the " kill shot!! " lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't know the answer to the question and don't pretend to know. In fact, I've handled very few guns in my life; calling myself a novice would be too generous. However, while playing with my nephew's Nerf gun and target set earlier this summer I wasn't doing very well shooting in the traditional manner. There was some wind and the lightweight, foam, projectiles were being influenced by the light wind even at a short distance. I decided to try shooting via the gansta method and my game actually improved.

I'm just sayin'...

[edit on 9/2/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

there are a few theories i have:
1. they like to miss...that was a joke(not a very good one) but in all seriousness they could just aim better that way
2. it could be like you said that its for the recoil but nt cuz theyre trying to shoot bystanders but because cops tend to stand in rows
3. just copying movie and tv
or 4. they think it looks cool. just like that stupid pants round your knees thing >:/

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
How about media encouraging the dummies to be dummies to make them worse shots and therefore better targets?

Can't get your enemy to lay down their weapons? Encourage them to style over substance.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Real gun owners and enthusiast would never hold their guns sideways. Punks and criminals do though so I don't see the problem. If they want to screw themselves over in the middle of a firefight good for them I say.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by JPhish

I realize the video stance is for show, and the article explains the close in face shots seem to be easier with the side hold. But we're also looking at a real life situation where the perpetrator held his weapon in such a fashion.

Maybe the rappers and hollywood types do it for simple aesthetics, but what about the real life situations influenced by such a display?

There is one important lesson i learned as a combat diver, and that is:

You become what you practice, and you will do as you practice.

If this gangster didn't practice how to do the right things to begin with. The chances are that he will fail at doing the right things when the situation demands it of him. If you teach your mind to be cool and joke around, you will end up as the cool joke.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think is stupid, and ignarance. they think they look cool, and what they are doing teaching youngters, and giving them ideas that, that how is done, look at me I'm bad*$#.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Ive tried it and to me personally, its whatever your comfortable with... It might be harder to aim but if you teach yourself to shoot like that its no different. Its easier to hold heavy guns that way but if your shooting a whole clip its better. Holding it upside down is retarded tho...... Thats just MY opinion
edit on 2-2-2012 by dayve because: ChangeOfThought

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Rappers Hold their Gun sideways because.

Its not cool to wear a cap sideways anymore.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Ive tried it and to me personally, its whatever your comfortable with... It might be harder to aim but if you teach yourself to shoot like that its no different. Its easier to hold heavy guns that way but if your shooting a whole clip its better. Holding it upside down is retarded tho...... Thats just MY opinion
edit on 2-2-2012 by dayve because: ChangeOfThought

The proper way to hold a hand gun with just one hand, is slightly side ways.

If you reach your hand out and than make a fist, that is the natural and correct way to hold your gun with one hand.

But what most people who cant shot do, is that they try to throw the bullets out of the gun by jerking the gun with their whole arm.

This one made my laugh really hard. This guy holds the gun with he's left hand and pools the trigger with he's right hand.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/2/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: video to link

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Most have never held or used a gun before in their lives so when they do they just do as they have seen done on TV because they know no other way. It is dangerous but most have a blatant disregard for others so they dont care who they his as long as they look cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join