It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Grayson wants to send critic to jail for 5 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Mr. Grayson is my district rep and this story is mostly local, however this behavior by him in our local area is becoming far to frequent. He routinely stacked his townhalls and when he couldn't use his union cronies to stack the townhalls, he would either wait till the last minute to publically announce them our make it invite only. One townhall he couldn't get out of he canceled and made it a 10 minute teleconference taking only 2 questions. This particular story is really proving to me the mistake to elect him was mine. This is just gross abuse of power.
Rep. Grayson directs Holder to pursue Central Florida critic and enforce fines and jailtime

“Ms. Langley has deliberately masqueraded as a constituent of mine, in order to try to create the false appearance that she speaks for constituents who don’t support me,” writes Grayson. “[She] has chosen a name for her committee that is utterly tasteless and juvenile.”

I find this quote to be a form of the pot calling the kettle black, especially after his recent embarassing shenanigans during the healthcare debate.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Talk about thin skin, especially on a bloviating windbag such as Grayson! This is hilarious! This guy needs to be humiliated nationwide, and shown what he truly is.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. When I voted for him, his campaign that he ran was a great anti-waste platform. He had a record of going after war-profiteers locally and regionally. So he got my vote. Now he is trying to set a precedent that if you don't live in a politicians district it is illegal to criticize and organize to have that politician removed from office? If this Holder does push this then it will set a very dangerous precedent on one hand but a legal tool to go after ACORN and other political action comittees that do the same thing. Dangerously close to treading on free speech in m y opinion.
Mycongressmanisnuts.com
It is a fairly innocuos website and she really hasn't garnered much monetary support. The district does have alot of union membership.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by djvexd]

new topics

join