It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the BEST quotes from political philosopher's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
here are some of the BEST quotes i could find and my favored i hope you enjoy. and if you have one i dont send it to me. i will ass it =)
these quots range from mark twain to Dr king to jessy vantura.

those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable
-The JFK &RFK
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
- Mark Twain

"Dissent is the Highest Form of Patriotism."
-Thomas Jefferson

"To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men."
- Abraham Lincoln

"There is much more to being a patriot and a citizen than reciting the pledge or raising a flag."
- Jesse Ventura

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to prevail in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of
the bad people, but the
appalling silence of the good people."
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do
anything about it"
- Albert Einstein I OD'd on the Red Pill

"The illusion of freedom will? continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes
too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, pull back the curtains, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."

- Frank Zappa

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government."
-Edward Abbey

“In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds
however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
-Mark Twain

“It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”
- Mark Twain

"If we are to survive, we must have ideas, vision, and courage. These things are rarely produced by committees."
- Unknown (possabley Schlesinger)

"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
- Charles F. Browne

"If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace."
- Hamilton Fish

"I really think the Patriot Act violates our Constitution. It was, it is, an illegal act. The Congress, the Senate and the president cannot change the Constitution."
- Peter Camejo

"NAFTA and GATT have about as much to do with free trade as the Patriot Act has to do with liberty."
- Michael Badnarik

"Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief. A patriot shows their their patriotism through their actions, by their choice."
- Jesse Ventura

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth."
- Thomas J. Jackson

"There is much more to being a patriot and a citizen than reciting the pledge or raising a flag."
- Jesse Ventura

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Kierkegaard

"You should love peace as a means to new wars- and the short peace more than the long.... You say it is the good cause that hallows even war? I say unto you: it is the good war that hallows any cause. War and courage have accomplished more great things than love of the neighbor.... What matters long life? What warrior wants to be spared?"
-Nietzsche

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Vinveezy]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Vinveezy]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of Warre, where every man
is Enemy to every man; the same is consequent to the time, wherein men
live without other security, than what their own strength, and their
own invention shall furnish them withall. In such condition, there is
no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and
consequently no Culture of the Earth; no Navigation, nor use of the
commodities that may be imported by Sea; no commodious Building; no
Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force;
no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no
Letters; no Society; and which is worst of all, continuall feare, and
danger of violent death; And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty,
brutish, and short.

Thomas Hobbes: Leviathan.

I speak an open and disinterested language, dictated by no passion but that of humanity. To me, who have not only refused offers, because I thought them improper, but have declined rewards I might with reputation have accepted, it is no wonder that meanness and imposition appear disgustful. Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. ~ Thomas Paine: Rights of Man.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable."

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Kierkegaard

"You should love peace as a means to new wars- and the short peace more than the long.... You say it is the good cause that hallows even war? I say unto you: it is the good war that hallows any cause. War and courage have accomplished more great things than love of the neighbor.... What matters long life? What warrior wants to be spared?"
-Nietzsche

join