It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 signs of the apocalypse - They are happening.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

Genesis 6:3 (King James Version) 3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

My mom pointed that out to me a while back - I also questioned her on it. lol But I'm not certain if that is to be considered a "generation" but as it is worded, I would vote "yes" I think.

I've had my head stuck in Revelation, and Daniel, lately trying to pinpoint where we are in the prophecies - because where I was thinking we were, I'm thinking now that we may be further into it than I originally thought.

It is scary - exciting - scary.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out if the rapture is legit or not - most of my life, I have been a believer in the rapture but after listening to a Bible teacher that teaches the Bible 'chapter by chapter - verse by verse', I'm now questioning if it is legit.

As I told my sis, there is enough in the Bible to support both views - I was just sooooo hoping we would be outta here before the crap hits the fan.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says it all..."For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,with the voice of the archangel,and with the trump of God"-(Nothing secretive about that)-..."and the dead in Christ shall rise first,then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up in the clouds,..."-(The dead rise First!)

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 "..in a twinkling of an eye,at the last trump,..."-(That's at the very end).

Yep,a long time ago I had believed in the "secret" rapture,too,before I found out that Scripture doesn't support it at all!

Makes ya wonder what the "conspiracy" is behind so many preaching it,doesn't it? Is it just that so many are paying to hear "what their itching ears want to hear",and to make them think they won't be around when the SHTF?

Also,they would not recognize the "signs of the times"?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Hey nomorecruelty,

I am very familiar with Genesis, yet before I officially comment on your quote, I don’t believe that statement is referring to generations… I could be wrong, I will need to re-read the whole chapter again. (I don't have my bible with me atm) But I’m pretty sure it’s not referring to a generation, while those other books/chapters most certainly refer to generations by name and even give descriptive credence. But I will look at that chapter and verse.

Regarding the rest of your post… Yes, we seem to be much further along then even I thought was possible just one year ago… It is scary and exciting. That is one of the reasons I haven’t even started my part 2 on the 2012 board yet… The bad news for me is, my studies are starting to prove most of the Bible has been horrifically changed, to such a degree, if it wasn’t for the prophetic aspects and the historical aspects within the bible, you could almost throw most of it away.

(check out St. L... C 17 v 34 without saying to much let me know what you think... would be interested in your opinion)

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 31-3-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Are you asking about the "two men" part or as it might related to which are taken first - the unsaved or saved?

That verse has always stumped me - with my human mind, of course the first thing that comes to mind is the homosexual connection - which I don't think is the case - if it were, maybe it is there as a warning - I don't know. Maybe that is another old time way of saying "home" or "dwelling"?

It could be that back in those days, family members shared rooms/beds - which wasn't uncommon for my mother's generation - they had a family of 10 and their house was small and not many bedrooms.

My question comes down to - which ones are the ones who are taken first - the saved or unsaved. People that believe in the rapture say it's the saved ones - people that don't believe in the rapture say it's the unsaved. I don't know.

In all honesty, I don't know - that is one of those verses that I have to take with faith as I don't have a clue.

There is another similar verse in Matthew, spoken by Jesus on the Mount of Olives, which says:

Matthew 24:37-42
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

And then the verses in Luke:

Luke 17:31-37
In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife. 33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. 34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
From my personal experience, and I mean personal, Jesus is real. My experience started when I started walking away from my faith. I became Agnostic, Atheist, then back to Agnostic, and today I am a Christian. There is a real good reason that I am a Christian today.

I asked God for a sign to guide me. Sure enough, one day walking home from school on a quiet day. I look over my shoulder, no cars or anything. Then a car honk startled me so I jumped. On the side it read I think Jesus saves. I know what you're thinking, coincidence because that was my exact thought.

So I was really on the fence about being a Christian and Agnostic.

Now, this one happened recently. I asked God to help guide me and show me the way so that I may not be lead astray. Next day, I walk outside to get the mail and a pamphlet with Jesus on it is there. It is very, and I mean very rare that we get any pamphlets. The only pamphlets we receive are coupons and such.

This was 2 days ago!

Ever since then, I stopped questioning my faith. I also failed to mention other signs I got. I really don't want to talk about them because they are personal.

You could think it was a coincidence or not, it is up to you. I gain nothing because of your belief, I lose nothing because of your belief. What you believe is totally up to you.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
From my personal experience, and I mean personal, Jesus is real. My experience started when I started walking away from my faith. I became Agnostic, Atheist, then back to Agnostic, and today I am a Christian. There is a real good reason that I am a Christian today.

I asked God for a sign to guide me. Sure enough, one day walking home from school on a quiet day. I look over my shoulder, no cars or anything. Then a car honk startled me so I jumped. On the side it read I think Jesus saves. I know what you're thinking, coincidence because that was my exact thought.

Now, this one happened recently. I asked God to help guide me and show me the way so that I may not be lead astray. Next day, I walk outside to get the mail and a pamphlet with Jesus on it is there. It is very, and I mean very rare that we get any pamphlets. The only pamphlets we receive are coupons and such.

This was 2 days ago!

Ever since then, I stopped questioning my faith. I also failed to mention other signs I got. I really don't want to talk about them because they are personal.

You could think it was a coincidence or not, it is up to you. I gain nothing because of your belief, I lose nothing because of your belief. What you believe is totally up to you.

God works in mysterious ways

He finally got my attention with the whole 2012 thing - no, I don't believe the world is going to end in that year - but when I first heard about it, which was a year or so ago, it really, really was my 'aha' moment.

I've always been a big believer, was raised to believe in God, Heaven and the Bible - but I strayed - big time.

So now I'm making my way back - or making my way? lol

Glad you have sorted through all of your thoughts and are "back".

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

That verse has always stumped me -

Matthew 24:37-42
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

And then the verses in Luke:

Luke 17:31-37
In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife. 33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. 34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

My understanding is that,like in the days of Noah,there were those that were saved,and the rest were left,for destruction.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

To you and Equinox,...Welcome back!

And just in time,it would seem,eh?!

His spirit is very much alive and speaking to people all over the world.

I could list many times God has revealed Himself in my life as well. He is amazing!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
First Seal - Religious Conquest/False Prophets

Rumor has it that Prince Charles of Wales has converted to Islam. Evidences cited are recent actions that include dedicating mosques, dressing in traditional muslim garb, extensive quoting of the Koran, and making trips to Muslim countries where meetings occur with spiritual leaders.

Once he (or his son William) rules England he will be the head of the Anglican Church, the Church of England, a religion that is in the process of returning to its Catholic roots. The Pope recently granted a special dispensation that restores all those in the Anglican church in full communion with the Pope, the Holy See.

There are several other "'orders" that recognize the head of the British Monarchy as the head of their organization. This includes the highly exclusive Order of the Garter which is over all Freemasonry in the world. Freemasonry describes itself as a religious order.

The Jesuit order in the Catholic Church, the militant branch, created the Knights of Malta and the Illuminati. The heads of the 12 families of the Illuminati answer to the head of the the 13th family of the Illuminati which today is the Prince of Wales.

The Jesuits have been the highest order in the Catholic Church since around the time of the French and American Revolutions. The Jesuits report to the Pope and do his bidding. It is said that the last Pope will be the religious leader/false prophet that reigns alongside the Antichrist (earthly King of Kings). The Antichrist will preside on the throne of David in the soon to be rebuilt (a 3rd time) Solomon's Temple on Mount Moriah in a unified Jerusalem.

Prince Charles meets all the criteria of being the embodiment of the Antichrist. His royal line is known all the way back to the Hebrew King David. This is a requirement for the Jews to view him as the King of the future British Nation of Israel. Because of his family's corporate holdings and wealth, Prince Charles is the richest man on earth. As a consquence, in the view of all other elitists, he is recognized as the head globalist in the NWO.

British Lord Rothschild who is the Jewish Freemason head of the Illuminati order was the power behind the original creation of the state of Israel in the form of the British Mandate of Palestine in 1917. The British Monarchy, particularly the Prince of Wales, has been instrumental in bringing about the Oslo Peace Accords between the Palestinians and the Israelis. Peace between these two factions is necessary before the Temple of Solomon can be rebuilt for a third and last time.

When Prince Charles or his son William reclaim the throne of King David in the rebuilt temple of Solomon and rule under the name of the returned King Arthur (they each carry the name Arthur) with the support of the False Prophet the Pope, the age of One World Religion can be ushered in. As a consequence, one of them (Charles or William) being the head of that Universal religion will fulfill the last requirement of the personage of the Antichrist foretold in Christian prophecy.

Take a look at the prophecies of Daniel regarding the end times and read them in conjunction with the symbolism of the end times presented in the book of Revelation. Pay particular attention to the first beast that rises from the sea. Then study the symbols represented in the Coat of Arms for the Prince of Wales. All of the prophesied symbols are present in the Coat of Arms of the Prince of Wales.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Toot Sweet]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Why do many Christian Protestant sects preach The Rapture?

How many of the ministers who preach the validity of The Rapture are also Masons, i.e. members of the centuries old order of Freemasonry.

Freemasonry is steeped in the worship of Lucifer (Luciferianism), Lucifer being the fallen angel who on earth is also called the Devil and Satan.

Freemasonry is a religious order unto itself with its own desired ends, its own agenda which is in opposition to the ideals and agenda of the one true Christ.

Is it, therefore, any wonder that Freemason protestant ministers would attempt to make Christians think that they will somehow escape the persecution of the end times by preaching the blasphemy that is referred to as The Rapture?

Remember, the Illuminati are all practicing Freemasons.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If I was a believer in God/End times (which I am not) I would be so consumed by sorrow and hopelessness knowing about the billions of people that are going to burn in hell with no relief for enerity that I would not be able to carry on day to day tasks. You'd see someone sinning and only be able to picture them melting forever in a lake of fire. Pretty heavy stuff if you ask me. Apathy is a much bigger problem than getting into heaven/hell if you ask me and people use end time predictions to justify the crap the world is going through. War/famine/curroption etc, its all looked at as part of God's plan and nessacary for armageddon. I say F#%& THAT!!! How bout we fix the problems in this world before we start worrying about the next???

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
My understanding is that,like in the days of Noah,there were those that were saved,and the rest were left,for destruction.

That's a very good point - thanks !

I hadn't put that 2 and the other 2 together
to arrive at 4 on that one.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Toot Sweet

I've heard PC's name as the AC over the years - him or his son.

And I keep seeing this "Maitrya" name keep popping up - and the
"Share International" - they may be just false entities, I don't know.

It's certainly not going to be boring from this point forward, that
much I do know.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm a christian and I just thought you should know that noone knows exactly when Jesus christ will come back, in the bible it says that Christ will not return until everyone on earth has heard the word of God. I am a religious person and i do not believe that the world when end in our lifetime. I believe it will end sometime after our generation.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
If I was a believer in God/End times (which I am not) I would be so consumed by sorrow and hopelessness knowing about the billions of people that are going to burn in hell with no relief for enerity that I would not be able to carry on day to day tasks. You'd see someone sinning and only be able to picture them melting forever in a lake of fire. Pretty heavy stuff if you ask me. Apathy is a much bigger problem than getting into heaven/hell if you ask me and people use end time predictions to justify the crap the world is going through. War/famine/curroption etc, its all looked at as part of God's plan and nessacary for armageddon. I say F#%& THAT!!! How bout we fix the problems in this world before we start worrying about the next???

Any one who chooses to reject Jesus, chooses to do so on their own accord - it isn't my responsibility, nor place, to "save" them. All I, and we, as Christians, can do is try to warn people of the 'sorrow and hopelessness' that will become a certainty if this nation doesn't turn back to, and turn to, Jesus Christ.

You seem to have jumped on that wagon with the rest who choose to blame God, and Christians, for people's error in judgement.

End time predictions aren't being discussed to "justify" the "crap" that the world is going through - it only serves as a reminder that there IS hope in the midst of it all. The end time prophecies are coming to pass "because" of the "crap" that people are doing, and choosing to believe - or not believe.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by benk84
I'm a christian and I just thought you should know that noone knows exactly when Jesus christ will come back, in the bible it says that Christ will not return until everyone on earth has heard the word of God. I am a religious person and i do not believe that the world when end in our lifetime. I believe it will end sometime after our generation.

There are people that feel the same way, benk84 - I personally think that we will be here when it all comes down.

I'm still debating though - on whether I want to uncover my eyes and watch......... or react as my avatar is doing.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

To you and Equinox,...Welcome back!

And just in time,it would seem,eh?!

His spirit is very much alive and speaking to people all over the world.

I could list many times God has revealed Himself in my life as well. He is amazing!

Ah, thanks, my friend - I am so behind though.

It will take me the next forty years to regain my footing.

And my numerous repentance.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by zombie_saurus_rex

In my opinion, you are right on. And the Temple can be built next to the Dome of the Rock, as recent digs indicate that the actual Temple was located to the North and West of the mosque on the Temple Mount. This is also supported in the Book of Revelations as it is stated the courtyard will be given over to the Gentiles. See a concordance for actual scripture as this is off top of my head. Also, go to the website for the Temple Institute. Israel has an institute that does nothing but prepare for the construction of the Temple. They have reproduced ALL of the tools, relics used in the Temple according to Judaic law and tradition. They have a special farm to raise nothing but perfect red heifers for sacrifice as directed by Levitical Law, and they are now preparing a singlestone altar, hand carved and deemed Kosher by the Levite Preists...whom were tracked down by genealogical records and trained to be Levite preist. All that is left is the Temple itself. Wow.

The Temple Institute
www.templeinstitute.org...

The return to Israel and the rebuilding of Jerusalem are precursors to the great event of the rebuilding of the Holy Temple. Israel today, unlike two hundred years ago, has the means and the authority to do so. The realization of the necessity for the rebuilding of the Holy Temple and the renewal of the Divine service for the spiritual revival and redemption of all humanity, is growing day by day. Both inside Israel and abroad, the longing for the Holy Temple is becoming a powerful voice for change. May it be G-d's will that we soon begin the rebuilding of the Holy Temple, if not before the 16th of March, then not a day later!

www.templeinstitute.org...

Preparations for a Third Jewish Temple

www.templemount.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

This was 2 days ago!

Hehe, dude, i've got so many stories like those. I mean stuff that is WAY beyond chance or coincidence. I also know alot of people that i witnessed to back in the day that were riding the fence until the same sorts of things began happening to them....to the point that they are all now believers.
Holdfast to the truth and keep the faith bro! I'll meet you on the other side!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join