It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 signs of the apocalypse - They are happening.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

lol your kidding right

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
The FALSE PROPHET, who wrought miracles before the world. I often wonder if the false prophet is not a person, but the world of science and technology, seducing everyone with the latest tech. Science telling us how the future will be, and that there is no god........False prophet.

False:
# not in accordance with the fact or reality or actuality; "gave false testimony under oath"; "false tales of bravery"
# arising from error; "a false assumption"; "a mistaken view of the situation"
# erroneous and usually accidental; "a false start"; "a false alarm"
# deliberately deceptive; "false pretenses"
# delusive: inappropriate to reality or facts; "delusive faith in a wonder drug"; "delusive expectations"; "false hopes"
# fake: not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; "it isn't fake anything; it's real synthetic fur"; "faux pearls"; "false teeth"; "decorated with imitation palm leaves"; "a purse of simulated alligator hide"

Prophet:
# an authoritative person who divines the future
# someone who speaks by divine inspiration; someone who is an interpreter of the will of God

People who witness to things that they haven't witnessed are "FALSE", as they are not in accordance with Fact or Reality.

Have you EVER IN YOU LIFE seen someone magically healed without some sort of Tech or Science involved? I'm talking bible miracles, like touching someones eyes who is blind and they can see, without any surgery? Or walk, or have a withered limb become whole in front of you? Have you ever seen someone walk on water, or break one piece of bread and have it feed 5000?

If your answer is no, Guess who the false prophet is?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone mentioned...

The bible never says anything about the end of the world...

Armageddon is the end of an AGE... A new beginning.

The Rapture is more of a purification process, afterward 1000 years of peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sv_gravity 800
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

lol your kidding right

No, I've seen these before, I just wonder who comes up with it?

Remember, "If possible, even the elect would be fooled"....

First 1/4 of the population will knock off around 2 billion.
Second a 1/3 of that remainder will only leave the world with about 500,000,000 people.

Christians will not be a big part of those surviving, but they are fooled and that's a prophecy being fulfilled before your own eyes.

There is a reason Jesus is pleading..."forgive them for they know not what they do" which has to do with "they" and not "he".

Kind of like Committing suicide....sheep to the slaughter.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just wondering if this thread would fit into your post, as a sign of the end.... Imean C'mon?? Are they serious with this??? Crazy Times my friend

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would like to help clear the air and explain a little about the things
you have discussed on this thread. You can go along with what I
say or not, it has to do with what you have been taught and raised
with. Besides, this forum is filled with believers and non-believers,
so pick your side of the fence. I happen to be a Christian that studies
the Bible quite a bit, but I am not completely knowledgeable about all
of it by any means.

First of all, the 7 year tribulation period that contains the 7 seals,
7 trumpets and 7 bowls or vials, will not happen until after the Rapture
has occurred. The first half of the Tribulation period, or 3 1/2 years,
someone will sign a peace treaty between Israel and the rest of the
world. This will be the Anti-Christ. Halfway into the Tribulation period,
the Anti-Christ will break that treaty and all hell will break loose on this
planet with the 7 trumpets and 7 bowls. There will be no doubt as to
who the Anti-Christ is at that time.

The people who have died and are in their graves who believed in Jesus
and accepted Him as their Savior, AND the true believers who are still
alive on the Earth at the time of the Rapture, will ascend into Heaven with Christ.
These people are referred to as the "Church" or the "Saints".

There will be a lot of people on the Earth who will be left behind after the
Rapture. Millions of people who were unbelievers or undecided will decide
to accept Christ as their Savior at that time. They will be thinking,
"Hey, this Rapture thing really happened, it's for real and I was left behind
and I now need to finally accept Christ as my ticket to Heaven". During this
horrific time on Earth, with all of the terrible things going on here, millions
of people will decide to be followers of Christ. They will decide that in no
way shape or form will they take the mark of the beast (Anti-Christ). The
beast will kill these people by the millions. They are what is referred to as
the "Martyrs". They will martyr themselves so they can have an eternity in
Heaven with Christ. When they are killed, they will immediately ascend into Heaven with Christ. At one point of time, almost all of the people who
have accepted Christ will be gone from the earth and only those who have taken the mark of the beast will be left. There will obviously be some
Christians who will somehow survive through all of the terror going on,
and won't be martyrs. But remember, no one will be able to sell or buy
anything, not even food during the tribulation without the mark of the beast. And most importantly, once a person has accepted the mark, it is
totally irreversible. Once you have decided to follow the beast just so you can be able to buy food, it is too late. You cannot at that time accept Christ
and expect to be saved. It clearly states in the Bible that once you do that,
you are doomed for an eternity in Hell. There are only two eternities. One
is in Heaven and the other is in Hell. Seems to me a fairly simple choice to
make.

When we hear of people talking about the 144,000,it means this. There are
12 tribes of Israel. There will be 12,000 from each tribe totalling 144,000,
who will be Evangelists ON EARTH during the Tribulation period. They will
go to all parts of the earth and teach the word of God and try to convince
people to change their ways and accept Christ. These are actually Jews who have also accepted Christ and are now teaching to the world what
they have accepted, and that is, Christ is the only way to get into Heaven.
Many if not all of these will eventually be martyred with the rest of the
people who have changed their ways and haven't taken the mark of the
beast. I hope I have explained a few things that might be unclear to those
who are interested in what the Bible says about these endtime things, for
it is all there for anyone to read. I am not trying to shove my beliefs and interests down anyone's throat. Not at all. This is my belief

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
When we hear of people talking about the 144,000,it means this. There are
12 tribes of Israel. There will be 12,000 from each tribe totalling 144,000,
who will be Evangelists ON EARTH during the Tribulation period.

Well, if you actually take a look at Revelation, rather than having somebody paraphrase it for you, those 144,000 are very clearly and specifically said to all be JEWISH MALE VIRGINS. Not just random evangelists.

So unless you're a Jewish male virgin, it doesn't apply to you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Blue shift,
Yes, you are absolutely right in what you said. They will be
virgin Jewish men who have somehow not submitted to the flesh.
They will not be evangelists just picked out at random. I did state
in my post that I don't claim to know the Bible inside out. And I
probably wasn't even paraphrasing. I was merely stating my beliefs.

Peace to you and God bless you.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
After reading every post within this thread, it is apparent that several posters within this thread haven't even picked up a Bible, let alone know anything about what is being said within the Bible. It's funny, in a sad pathetic way.

There are several reasons why we "COULD/MUST" be living the last days, in our time, and why all other generations who believed it was happening in their time, why they were purposely ignoring their bibles… because the Bible would’ve told them without question why they were wrong... chief among them, the Jews must... MUST... return to their holy land before the end can begin. That only happened a little over 60 years ago...

A Generation equals 70 years not 7, or 700... The Bible says a generation equals either, 40 or 70 years... period!!! Well we know the second coming did not happen in 1988 or 2007. So that leaves, for the Bible to maintain its 100 percent accuracy, the end must come no later then 2037, yet perhaps as soon as 2017/2018. If it does not happen in either of those years, then the Bible is a LIE... however until those years come and go, I'm going to continue searching for truth, and the truth I've learned about atheist is... they equal nothing but selfish spoiled people...

I would suggest people watch this VIDEO, plus the other six... I purposely choose this person because of his mannerisms... He talks with a modern tongue, so even the most ignorant among you can understand his words. I've checked every statement he's made within his video, both within the Bible and within history books... and I'm like... this is freaken sick! This person is one of many/several video's saying the exact same thing... so to those older peeps who don't like inner city dialect, there are others who are saying the EXACT same thing... Which makes my eyebrows raise... perhaps I will create a thread about that at some other time... to busy working with other concepts to deal with that at the moment... However, no matter how many people are saying the same thing, if you do the research yourself, you too will know they are saying the truth... its pretty cool, and frightening at the same time... Anyway... I strongly recommend each person watches those video's...

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I really enjoyed your post! It was very funny and poignant! Lots of chocolate makes everything and everyone bearable. The older I get the more I see the cyles constantly repeating, doesn't anyone ever learn anything and move forward to new ideas? The recession of 1978-1982 was just as bad as now but lots of the people were either not born yet, or dead now. We got through it, it is just the cycle of business and life.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't think its the end of times, but time to get along and work together. I am sure that is God's mantra for the Bible. It's real simple. Be a good person, one that your mother, father, children, neighbors, community, friends, etc... would be proud of. This creates productivity and stability in society.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
first

give me ONE sign religion is real

thanks

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Coming back to the 7 signs, I don't think we've seen the 4 horsemen yet. i would expect to see them together, not separately. As people have pointed out, these things have been coming separately all through history. If John's description means they come together, in a massive global crisis, that's what makes it uniquely devastating.
For me, incidentally, the 1st horse represents Disease, Pestilence. So we seem to get Disease, War, Famine, coming in quick succession and merging into one another. Then Death comes along and picks up all the victims of the first three. The fact that Death only needs to appear once, to cover the lot of them, seems to mesh with the idea that all these things are coming together, to impact on a quarter of (the population of?) the world.
Then there is a pause in the devastation- ch7, the destructive winds are held back. I would suggest that this gives the world a chance to recover a little. Perhaps some sort of structure would emerge that would be able to pull things together, make society work again. Surely that structure and its leader(s) would be idolised for "saving the world"- and THAT would be the Beast. To anyone who's interested in history, compare the near-collapse of the Roman Empire in the 3rd century and the rise of Diocletian.
So my reponse to your suggestion would be- No.not yet. If the world gets hit by anything like the 4 horsemen described by John, there won't be any need to speculate on the subject- we'll all know about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Its been a while since I posted this.

Bad weather, new weather patterns, more earthquakes etc.

Anyone more "thinking I may be onto something" here ?

S

Thanks for the debate so far.
love this place.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinnyboyXI
I don't know if anyone mentioned...

The bible never says anything about the end of the world...

Armageddon is the end of an AGE... A new beginning.

The Rapture is more of a purification process, afterward 1000 years of peace.

The Bible tells us that this world will indeed end - physically it will end. God will rid this world of evil, including satan. And the new Heaven will be brought down to this planet where Jesus will reign eternally along with His Children.

Armageddon is a battle that will take place in the Valley of Megiddo. This battle will be the battle of battles between Jesus and satan.

This earth is going to be physically destroyed - and replaced with Jesus' new Heaven.
Earthquakes, floods, lightening, one hundred lb hailstones, planets, comets, stars, fire and brimstone yes again, etc.

So I guess the new motto could be ...... "Play nice or get off the planet".

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

Bad weather, new weather patterns,

And where is the description, in Revelation ch6, of bad weather and new weather patterns? If we're going to look for the various signs in this passage, why not stick more closely to what the chapter actually describes?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
first

give me ONE sign religion is real

thanks

God isn't a "religion" - God is God - He has nothing to
do with "religion". Mankind is who created all of these "religions".

So no, I guess I can't give you any proof that "religion" is "real".

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebunny
After reading every post within this thread, it is apparent that several posters within this thread haven't even picked up a Bible, let alone know anything about what is being said within the Bible. It's funny, in a sad pathetic way.

There are several reasons why we "COULD/MUST" be living the last days, in our time, and why all other generations who believed it was happening in their time, why they were purposely ignoring their bibles… because the Bible would’ve told them without question why they were wrong... chief among them, the Jews must... MUST... return to their holy land before the end can begin. That only happened a little over 60 years ago...

A Generation equals 70 years not 7, or 700... The Bible says a generation equals either, 40 or 70 years... period!!! Well we know the second coming did not happen in 1988 or 2007. So that leaves, for the Bible to maintain its 100 percent accuracy, the end must come no later then 2037, yet perhaps as soon as 2017/2018. If it does not happen in either of those years, then the Bible is a LIE... however until those years come and go, I'm going to continue searching for truth, and the truth I've learned about atheist is... they equal nothing but selfish spoiled people...

I would suggest people watch this VIDEO, plus the other six... I purposely choose this person because of his mannerisms... He talks with a modern tongue, so even the most ignorant among you can understand his words. I've checked every statement he's made within his video, both within the Bible and within history books... and I'm like... this is freaken sick! This person is one of many/several video's saying the exact same thing... so to those older peeps who don't like inner city dialect, there are others who are saying the EXACT same thing... Which makes my eyebrows raise... perhaps I will create a thread about that at some other time... to busy working with other concepts to deal with that at the moment... However, no matter how many people are saying the same thing, if you do the research yourself, you too will know they are saying the truth... its pretty cool, and frightening at the same time... Anyway... I strongly recommend each person watches those video's...

--Charles Marcello

The Bible actually gives us three "generation" time frames. The 40, the 70 and the 120.

Israel became a nation in 1948.

So it could be 2018 or possibly 2068.

Regardless, God isn't on "our" time schedule - He's on His - so He will determine the day and time.

And I don't agree that atheists are 'selfish' or 'spoiled'. I do think, however, that most have been deceived - or raised/taught at home and at school that there are more "gods" than the true one, and that they have ooodles of choices to choose from when picking a "bible".

That is unintentional ignorance, at the least - but I wouldn't call it "selfish' or "spoiled".

[edit on 30-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

I like the videos you suggested though - I'm still watching the first one - but he made it clear, at the beginning of this first video, that he is using the King James Bible as his source.

I hope he isn't talking about the "New" KJ "version".

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

The Bible actually gives us three "generation" time frames. The 40, the 70 and the 120.

I would really be interested to reading the Chapter and verse for a generation equaling 120 years... Thanks in advance...

Regarding the video's... there are several and I do mean several that are saying the EXACT same thing... That has me worried, perhaps needlessly, seeing how everyone's getting their information from the same source... However, it almost feels like a setup. Saying something long enough to enough people and it becomes true type of thing. I have checked their quotes within the Bible and cross checked their facts, and they are accurate, so perhaps I see something that aint there... but I've never seen a setup like this one before. Well that's not true, I've just never seen this kind of a setup outside of a government Op before.

--Charles Marcello

love your avatar btw... classic!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join