It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 signs of the apocalypse - They are happening.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Matthew 24
3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation, spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house. 18Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. 19How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29"Immediately after the distress of those days
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

What believers need to look for,next,in my opinion,is.

1. The Gog-Magog war,a.k.a,WW3.

and..

2. The construction of the third holy temple,which,quite possibly,could begin in March,2010.

By the way,it is also my opinion,that the third Jewish temple,will be built right beside the dome of the rock.
That way,the least amount of people,would be angered.
Which is what the anti-christ wants.
He will want to please everyone,in the beginning,everyone that counts,that is.
The plans for all of this,have been drawn up,for a long,long,long,time.

Regarding the dome of the rock again,it does not have to be destroyed,and I don't believe that it will be.
The muslims will be able to continue,to worship there.
And then,once the third temple is fully constructed,the jews will have there place to worship.
Until the midpoint of the tribulation,anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The number 666 is a man or the name of a man. It is of no use until the anit christ seat himself in the temple in the last days and proclaims himself God. Then you only use 666 as a confirmation. So this has not happened yet.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zombie_saurus_rex

In my opinion, you are right on. And the Temple can be built next to the Dome of the Rock, as recent digs indicate that the actual Temple was located to the North and West of the mosque on the Temple Mount. This is also supported in the Book of Revelations as it is stated the courtyard will be given over to the Gentiles. See a concordance for actual scripture as this is off top of my head. Also, go to the website for the Temple Institute. Israel has an institute that does nothing but prepare for the construction of the Temple. They have reproduced ALL of the tools, relics used in the Temple according to Judaic law and tradition. They have a special farm to raise nothing but perfect red heifers for sacrifice as directed by Levitical Law, and they are now preparing a singlestone altar, hand carved and deemed Kosher by the Levite Preists...whom were tracked down by genealogical records and trained to be Levite preist. All that is left is the Temple itself. Wow.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Some crazy speculation as food for thought:
--?New forced UN World Religion, forced mark of Beast, camps for dissenters
--?False prophet -- (JFK hologram?) former national leader with deadly head wound "miraculously" healed (accord to Rev) and falsely testifying to the World against Jesus Christ. (Rev describes him as was and not now is but will be)
--?Signs and wonders that deceive even some of the elect -- UFOs, "aliens" (demons) convincing even some believers by their false "miracles"

[edit on 19-12-2009 by pumpkinorange]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I had been under the impression,that the altar was already completed,however,if the news,that I read was recent,it hasn't.

Anyway,rumor has it,that certain Jewish priests,would like to begin the sacrifices,with just the altar standing,and not wait until the temple itself,is completed.

This is a bitter-sweet situation for me,I am personally against animal sacrifices,however,it all must take place,in order for Christ to return again.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by zombie_saurus_rex]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

To physically force over 6 billion people,to accept and follow,the same exact religion,would be,in a word,impossible.
Of course though,the anti-christ already knows this,which is why millions upon millions,if not more,will be slaughtered,mercilessly.

Anyway,when the day finally comes,when a one-world-government is established,one-world- religion,will soon follow.
It is all supposed to tie-in,with the age of aquarius,which we enter into next,right now,we are in the age of pisces.
Some believe that,that specific religion,that will involve the anti-christ,has been here for a long time now,Benjamin Creme speaks about it,in alot of his works.
And just about anything related to Lucis,a.k.a,Lucifer trust,talks about the new age religion.
Which according to said religion,all christians must either be converted,or killed,before assendance can be achieved.
Which is the main goal,assendence.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by zombie_saurus_rex]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by zombie_saurus_rex]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Instead, we should live life with laughter, joyous hearts, and chocolate.

That's just my opinion, and I hope it didn't come across as an attack.

Best wishes!

Very great quote. You know what? just last night I had some chocolate, and it made me very happy.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

5) Vision of martyrdom or martyrs
I dont know where you read about this, so i cant help you either.

Fifth seal is all about the whiny a**ho**s that "died" for their beliefs and now want "justice". The guy who speculated about them being the suicide bombers was not far off. (i.e., "so where are my 72 virgins and why don't you [God] kill my oppressors?" They get white robes and are told to 'chill out dude'.

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zombie_saurus_rex

The temple has already been rebuilt. It is the mosque. Seriously, these people worship the same bearded monomaniacal sky-god, a church is a mosque is a temple is a tabernacle is a teapot. I doubt this deity care too much whether it has a crescent, a cross, or a bagel on top so long as the people inside are crapping their pants in abject terror of making him slightly unhappy.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zombie_saurus_rex

To physically force over 6 billion people,to accept and follow,the same exact religion,would be,in a word,impossible.
Of course though,the anti-christ already knows this,which is why millions upon millions,if not more,will be slaughtered,mercilessly.

Soon to be "7" billion. I don't either; it all seems implausible. The UN-led obsession with GW we are witnessing seems sureal too.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elvisofdallas

I'll consider but still i don't think so.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I dunno, I think the Bangladeshis have logical reasons to be worried about the fact that their country is steadily being covered by a rising sea level.

'Course, they're brown and Dacca is less important than Miami, I suppose...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hi!
I am On The Edges' husband.

I look over these threads now and then,when I can nudge her away from the keyboard.

This is a fantastic topic, one that she and I are very attentive of.

I would simply like to recommend the video lectures of Walter Veith and his Total Onslaught series.

The man is insightful, articulate, very intelligent, and conveys the scripture, and the playing out of prophecy, occult dealings, world systems, and the bride of Christ magnificently.

He is a Seventh Day Adventist, and makes a compelling arguement for what he believes to be the truth. I tend to agree with him, and see reason in his interpretation of symbolisms far more than not.

Simply follow this link, amazingdiscoveries.tv...
and look for Total Onslaught in the Popular Tags sidebox on the page.

The series begins with the lecture "Just Another Man"

amazingdiscoveries.tv...

wherein Dr. Veith argues for the validity of Jesus Christs' claim of being the Messiah, God made flesh,slain and risen again out of unfathomable love for you and I.

I suggest playing the lectures in the Medium quality, it streams well, and Dr. Veith's presentations are always chocked full o' written references that don't come thru well in the low quality versions.

Maranatha.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

Let’s go over them, 1 at a time, and see, between us, if we can really see if we are indeed entering "the end of days"

False Prophet - I have been studying this for a while, and we were all told in various religious texts that a "false Prophet" the world would love, would appear in the final days.
Barack Obama ? The world does love him, could he be number 1 ? Thoughts please.

Conflict War - No argument here, it’s happening, and it’s about to get worse.

Famine & Drought - Again, it’s happening, moving on..........

Death - It’s everywhere. Between war and virus's, (Swine Flu being the latest 1)...again, moving on.

Vision of martyrdom or martyrs - I don’t get this one. Anyone ?

Cosmic Disturbances - Planet x, 2012, nibiru, again very suggestive ?

Prelude To The 7 Trumpets of 7 Angels & The Final Judgement - Armageddon . We can argue all day, all off the above are suggestive to this.

Reading these 7 signs. It becomes very apparent, that we are indeed on the threshold of the end of the world.

Rumour and stupidity apart, the facts are STUNNINGLY right in front of us.

Thoughts please.

So what's new? All this has been going on for centuries!

Obama? False prophet? This is bunk! Obama is nothing but a pawn in the greater scheme of things. A puppet on a string controlled by the Bildergergs etc who are part of the Evecutive Branch of the secret shadow government of the US of A.

More here...www.abovetopsecret.com...

Conflict War - No argument here, it’s happening, and it’s about to get worse.

This has been going on since the Crusades!

Famine & Drought - Again, it’s happening, moving on..........

This is also a recurring feature which has been happening throughout the ages. Nothing new here....

Death - It’s everywhere. Between war and virus's, (Swine Flu being the latest 1)...again, moving on.

This again is nothing new. World wide pandemics have occured throughout history starting from the Plague of Athens, in 430 BC. The complete details of these pandemics have been listed here where more have died than in the last few decades....en.wikipedia.org...

Cosmic Disturbances - Planet x, 2012, nibiru, again very suggestive ?

Anything 'cosmic' and we jump to conclusions like a planet-wide destruction scenario by that non existent so called sci fi planet called 'Niburu'!!!

Reading these 7 signs. It becomes very apparent, that we are indeed on the threshold of the end of the world.

No! It's not apparent that we're on the threshold of the end of the World! Life will go on till the sun becomes a Red Giant! That's when we'll start getting fried but then that's still a few billion years in the future!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by decadence

The world is not going to end soon. I am sorry.

Behold Decadence has spoken.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Would you be willing to bet that the apocalypse is coming in 2012? Let's say, 1 million dollars?

If the apocalypse doesn't come, in 2013 you pay me 1 million dollars.

If it comes, I guess you won't be needing my money

Come on, let's make it interesting

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Wallachian]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The opening event of the Tribulation is the destruction by fire of a mysterious 'Mystery Babylon'. This city will be richer and more powerful than any other. She will be THE major trading force in the world, and the major military force in the world. She will be heavily involved in 'pharmacopia', translated as sorcery. Pharmaceuticals. She will be controlling and guiding the other governments of the world. 'Come out of her, my people, that you participate not in her sins, or her punishment'. It is portrayed as a woman. An unfaithful woman. A woman is also how the Church is portrayed, as the bride of Christ.
Some think this refers to America. I don't think so, and I'll tell you why. It SAYS,quite clearly, it is a CITY. Could be San Francisco, could be LA, could be Chicago, or others. But I think it is Washington, DC. Burned by fire in one hour, probably nuclear.
If DC gets nuked, it will cause a little problem with this nations production of food for the whole world. Many will die of starvation. We are already seeing this from the ComDems causing farmers to start growing for synfuels, not foods. People already dying because of our 'fearless leaders'.
Two thirds of the population of the Earth is supposed to die. Thats' a lot of people. Not happening yet.
The coming of our twin star will definitely get peoples attention. NASA previously announced a large, incoming object, into our solar system. Then someone shut them up. Now, there are rumors of govts world-wide making underground bunkers, and cities. Why? Do they know something they are not telling us?
On one hand, things do not look that bad yet. But, hey, we have a Kenyan trying to dismantle the Constitution and set up an unelected world government, that takes precedence over us. But, it appears for the moment like the charade in Copenhagen didn't work this time. But they will keep trying until resistance sputters out. That is the way they teach.
And no other great leaders seem to be appearing now. Just the Mahdi/Kenyan. It still remains to be seen who the two witnesses are, who the anti-christ is, and for Mystery Babylon to be burned up. So, no, I doubt those seals have been broken yet. But it could happen very quickly, it will happen very quickly. And the snide non-believers will still not believe until it is too late. But my job, or our job, it simply to tell it like it is. Witness. Not convert, not save, just witness.
Don't get all worried if you are a Believer; you are on the winning team, and you will be taken care of. You are important. Very important. The whole universe is watching what is going on here now, with great interest. We, as humans, were the least, and now G-d is making us the greatest. The two witnesses will tell us what we need to do next. But I have a strong opinion that Christians are currently being called out of 'churches', or simply being driven out by the churchs' new god, Lucifer. I realized this when our famous 'pastor' lied to me, and his other pastors and deacons perjured themselves in court. What the churches are now 'teaching' is radically different than even a few years ago. What they are DOING is radically different, and has nothing to do with love. And remember, love is an action, not a warm fuzzy. They are no longer teaching the gospel, nor are they opposing the wicked bent in our owners/government. Or in the press, or in the schools. Or the rewriting of our histories. Like Swindle, they are simply teaching how to be more acceptible to everyone. Like Jesus, right? Look where it got him...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I'm sure this has been said before in response but this stuff is happening ALL THE TIME.

False Prophets - there are always going to be people leading men astray.

War - until we grow up as a species there will always be war.

Famine and Drought - until we decide that feeding everyone is more important than making a profit there will always be famine and so long as we have a variable climate droughts will take place.

Death - DUH, people are mortal, they are going to keep dying. Everyone you know who's alive today will someday be not so alive anymore. The plague wiped out almost half of Europe and the world didn't end.

Martyrs - So long as there are causes men are willing to die for there will be martyrs.

Cosmic Disturbances - Have you looked at how big the Universe is? There will always be something interesting happening in the sky.

Of course we are on the "threshold" of the end of the world, so long as it hasn't happened yet the only place we can be is on the "threshold"...

Every generation thinks it's the last, they've all been wrong. Unless we as a species do something absurdly stupid (like Nuclear War) our planet will be fine and our species will do okay as well. Even if we blow ourselves sky high the Earth will still be here and will likely recover from any damage we manage to do in our short tenure. So relax and enjoy the ride called life

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Don't freak out. The world will only end if that's what you believe. Doesn't make sense? It may never I'm afraid.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join