It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Man Convicted of Indecent Exposure for Being Naked in His Own Home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Source link..
Butt Naked

A Virginia man has been convicted of indecent exposure after prosecutors said he stood naked inside his house as a 7-year-old boy and his mother walked by.

The mother and child allegedly observed the defendant, 29-year-old Erick Williamson, first through a doorway and again through a window that had no drapes

I cant beleive this happened .

We are no longer the land of the free.

This has opened Pandora's Box

mod...I tried posting in breaking news but the time out thing would not let me post.Move if needed

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i remember this. I cannot believe he was convicted.

You can guarantee there will be an apeal.

if I were him, i would be pressing charges against the mother and son for trespassing and invasion of privacy.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

yes exactly considering that she walked by twice.
I didnt think he'd get convicted I'm shocked.
So I can go "peeping tom" on some hot chicks window, then charge her? I win both ways!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

The geezer was in his own home and they walked in his garden if i remember.

The women should never have been near his home, and walking on his land.

this story if so ffing stup1d. Its something that only can happen in an anglo american dominated world.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yeah in reading this my mouth was wide open in shock.
I remember this when it first happened, figured it was so stupid it got droped, guess not.
..I tried doing a serch and only came up with naked guy tasered .

Who was the judge in this I wonder? Would be intresting to see his record of judgements.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Man! There is no freedom now in America, i mourn that in the future i will be able to go around ¨my¨house naked without some perverted neighbor snooping in!

I agree with captaintyinknots that the guy should have pressed charges againts the mother and son!

What´s next!? Oh here´s something:

Man in Virginia convicted after neighbors discovered that the guy was indeed naked after he took a shower

We lost our freedom to go around naked in our house, we should fight to get it back!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't think theres any law against being naked in teh privacy of your own house, as long as you make it private.

if you're naked in front of an unshuttered window, you're basically showing the public your naked self, and yes, that's indecent exposure. There's no law saying no one can look at your house, since its in public view.

now, if she had to climb past a row of obscuring bushes that might be another story, but with the jacked up laws the liberals and dummycrats here keep passing, who knows.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I see. so she basically trespassed on HI property.. and why was she looking to top it off!!! I wonder why the judge didnt question why she trespassed, which technically could be viewed as breaking an entering..and the judge let her off the hook.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
I don't think theres any law against being naked in teh privacy of your own house, as long as you make it private.

if you're naked in front of an unshuttered window, you're basically showing the public your naked self, and yes, that's indecent exposure. There's no law saying no one can look at your house, since its in public view.

now, if she had to climb past a row of obscuring bushes that might be another story, but with the jacked up laws the liberals and dummycrats here keep passing, who knows.

You have a point there, but still if I was him I would press charges against her for trespassing on his property since she was in his garden.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I take that back, she wasn't in a garden on his property.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If you live in a glass house you Cannot be naked. If you have an open door to the outside or window that is not covered you cannot be naked in front of that door or window.

This man should have known better. It was not like this woman was close to his house inside his yard trying to see inside. It was obvious from the street/sidewalk. This is a clear longstanding violation of the Law.

This is Not about an injustice or privacy rights In Any Way !!

This person broke the law and he is paying for his crime. It is that simple.

How any of you people could even think this mans right were violated to me is shocking because it shows me that common people (you) have no inkling of the law.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Without seeing his home, where he was, and where the viewer was it's tough to decide.

This morning after I took my shower, I walked upstairs to my bedroom in the nude. However, I live in the country and no one could see me from the street.

When I was a kid, we had a neighbor who would stand naked by his front window and watch the kids get on the school bus. He got arrested when the cops came to observe and saw him by the front window naked.

This is an interesting case. Was he a flasher? Or what he just somebody who was naked in his own home and wasn't aware that anyone could see him?

The jury answered.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is disgraceful! It's actually laughable, but quite scary at the same time.

Washington and Jefferson fought for the right for Americans to be naked in their own homes!

Seriously though, what was the judge smoking at the time?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There is a modicum of respect needed from people living within their community. When I am naked I try to stay away from open doors and far from clear lines of site from the street, not because of modesty but because of courtesy to my neighbors. If I wish to be naked it is my right but if you can see me and it is not from your property but that which is accessed by the public that is my responsibility.

I wonder how Matthew Mcconaughey would weigh in on this...

www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
She's the one who should've been arrested and conviced of being a peeping tom. Stupid decision to charge, even worse to convict.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I live in a very rural spot with only a few neighbours. I didn't realise that someone was house sitting in the 'empty' cottage a few doors up. Early one morning I opened the curtains with nothing on my top half just as he was passing. He saw the curtains move and turned to say good morning. I don't know who got the biggest shock! I noticed afterwards he seemed to pass by more frequently. He certainly didn't put in an official complaint.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This certainly will be thrown out on appeal. Simple nudity in ones own home is a just not something to be convicted of anything for. He should be able to file charges for trespass and "peeping tom" since they were cutting through his yard.

This case would never have gone anywhere except for the fact the stupid lady was a police officers wife.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't see why you're all so riled up about this. The guy was naked with his freakin' door open and drapes not closed, so that's indecent exposure. He should know better than to do such a retarded thing. If you live in a neighborhood and you know people walk outside your house where they can easily see you, why are you walking around naked? Would any of you do this?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Frankly, I can't understand why being naked anywhere is illegal. Yeah, some people should leave their cloths on, heck some should just stay home out of sight all together, ha, but really, what's the big deal if someone is standing naked in their front window? I don't get it? They aren't doing anything wrong or disgusting. They are just standing there. Pretty innocent act to me. Where's the victim? Haven't children see naked before? Gawd, am I in trouble because I should have told my kids they were suppose to blindfold themselves while taking a bath or shower until they turned 18 or something? Funny. Yous Earthlings are hilarious. Crazy hangups, weird creatures.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

She was trespassing, and on top of that, was looking into his house. She even walked by a second time, looking......a second time! Somebody forgot to show me the rules on when I should or shouldn't be undressed in my home! I guess I've been lucky up till now!
Personally, for me to walk by an dlook into someone's window, or even an open door, I feel awkward. I feel like I'm invading their privacy. I feel I would be embarrassed if they caught me doing it, so, I don't do it. Neither should this bored woman.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join