It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Test - Are you controlled by your EGO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

I'm sort of just laughing. It's good synchronicity and if anything helps me see some ridiculousness in myself. At least some questions have prompted me to comtemplate a few things I might have not considered before, just out of not thinking of it at the minimum.

So, for what it's worth, you have my approval!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Are you controlled by your EGO?

Is that what you call those voices inside my head??

Then yeah!!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Guilty of #17,18,19,30,31,34,35,37 & 43...but I feel #17 shouldn't be on the list.
Traditional modern American marriage IS a prison and I've ALWAYS believed that as proven by every marriage I've personally observed as well as my own when I reluctantly succumbed to society!

Now....how do I get better?? lol

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
To one who feels inclined or compelled to take a self test with some 44 questions to determine their relationship with their ego, the answer should be self evident no?

Not necessarily....I actually did it to see where I might need to focus my attentions and get any advice on overcoming EGO...

(Okay...and because I've always been a quiz addict!! lmao )

[edit on 12/18/2009 by SmokeyDawn]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Excellent!!!! Beautiful response my friend!!!

Love to each and every one of yaa' You are ALL.................... ME!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Funny thing EGO. We say it with a negative little inflection too, as if the word itself is a nasty thing.

Interesting set of questions although there is one there that I found most interesting, the one about seeing yourself as bigger than your relationships. You must be. You cannot live life being only someone's partner, parent, child, etc.

These things seem to define you, but that definition is very limited because you are always much more than those things, you are you.

I've wondered for many years now whether we have no idea what ego really is and are still operating under the old and worn out perceptions of people like Freud?

So, from my perspective, Ego is the part of awareness that recognises itself. And as such it is like everything else in that it must be Balanced in life.

Consider Ego to be a spectrum type of thing, low esteem and therefore unbalanced ego at one end and overblown, big-headed, God's gift to humanity type unbalanced ego at the other end of the spectrum. In which case it would be something each of us needs to balance out in our daily lives.

Also, if ego is the part of awareness that recognises itself, then all living things would have some ego that we could observe. And, God too would have Ego since that awareness is aware of itself, just as we are to some small degree.

My $2.25 worth

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Seeking for approval is inavoidable if it's supposed to be for the better. I think it's cool when people know they're responsible for themselves and don't need to respect or fear others' perceptions of your character (probably because I lack that oh my
) and jealousy ceases to exist for one. But you should also backtrack what people like you for- like, try not to be a tool but take other guys into concideration

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join