It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Test - Are you controlled by your EGO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here's some questions you can ask yourself to determine if you are being run by your Ego. Yes to any of these questions could indicate the influence of your ego in your past or present actions.

First of all, are you starting to feel an emotion of being challenged or attacked already?

And secondly, are you hoping to find gross errors in this post already?

let's begin?

1.) Are you better than anyone else?

2.) Is anyone else better than you? Or did you feel repulsed by that question?

3.) Do you believe some races or nationalities are better than others?

2.) When someone talks to you, are you determining if it's an attack, a challenge or a compliment before responding?

3.) Do you want people to smile back when you smile at them?

4.) Do you avoid speaking to people because you don't want to be rejected?

5.) Do you look away when you walk by people?

6.) Do you get personal approval hearing about the suffering of others knowing that you did better in your life?

7.) Would you give a gift your friend who never thanks you in return?

8.) Do you enjoy watching the news? or Reality T.V.?

9.) Do you feel like you're under attack when a Boss asks you to stay late after work?

10.) Do you feel like your children are always asking something from you that you rarely have for yourself? (Time, money, attention etc..)

11.) Do you feel like your spouse is an idiot?

12.) Do you get anxious to respond to someone before hearing them finish their sentence?

13.) Do you feel that people are always out to rain on your parade?

14.) Do you hate people in the "fast' lane going the speed limit?

15.) Do you think mentally ill people are below you?

16.) Do you think one gender is better than another?

17.) Do you think that marriage is a prison?

18.) Do you do what YOU want to do, before considering doing what others ASK you to do?

19.) Does the capital "ASK" in the above question give you any feeling of oppression or being controlled?

20.) Do you think people staring at you is insulting and quite rude?

21.) Are you insulted when your boss pats you on the back?

22.) Do you hate it when other people pat themselves on the back?

23.) Do you feel bitter because you didn't get a promotion or higher pay?

24.) Are you proud at how responsible you are compared to others who seem foolish to you?

25.) Do you come into this forum looking for people to correct?

26.) Do you sneak around trying to find out other people's salaries?

27.) Do you get a warm feeling inside of you when people get fired from your office and it's not you?

28.) Do you reject the existence of the Light or the Source?

29.) Do you hate it when people tell you how much money they make?

30.) Do you use anger in response to anything at all?

31.) Have you ever raised your hand to anyone?

32.) Do you sometimes feel like walking into someone who's not paying attention or not giving you the right of way?

33.) Do you think in dwell in tomorrow and yesterday?

34.) Do you only give respect when you get respect?

35.) Do you expect the worst and believe that the worst is the truth?

36.) Do you only care about the people that have given you personal joy?

37.) Are you still reading this, hoping to tally up as many "No" answers as you can?

38.) Are you anxious to respond to this thread to tell us that you've answered NO to all of these questions.

36.) Are you glad that you have answer No to all of these questions?

37.) Do you completely dislike this thread?

37.) As a result of these questions, are you TRYING to reorganize your thinking to make yourself acceptable to YOU again?

38.) Do you think that Ego is directly linked to survival?

39.) Do you think that Ego is what makes us all different and special?

40.) Do you spend time HATING any group of people? Gays, blacks, whites, mexicans, executives, blue collars, governments, illegals?

41.) Do you think that the economy is the reason for your woes?

42.) Do you think you are somebody beyond your relationships? (husband, father, mother, brother sister, provider etc..)

43.) Do you have a hard time crying or feel emotionally bankrupt?

44.) Do you think I'm a self righteous person for creating this thread?

EDITED - I removed a question I felt was personally attacking me.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I like the last question.
Also the "do you come to this forum to see who you can correct"

There are some good questions in there. I think the average person would answer 50/50.

Whats your grading chart? Like, how many yes answers ratio to no answers make you controlled by your ego?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
InertiaZero is right. Lot's of good questions.
What comes to my mind is that ego is an everpresent element of the humans psyche.
It's like anything that lives; if you give it what it needs to grow then it will. If you do not feed it it grows weaker.
Though not feeding the ego is an unfamiliar concept to most people in the western world.
It's made it here through yoga and a thousand different forms of martial arts and hundreds of different healing systems.
Suprisingly though it's pretty far out for many.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Hey, for some people, they wouldnt know how to operate without their egos. Especially here in America. They associate ego with identity.

As if, you quit serving yourself, you no longer exist.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i dont think theres anything bad with correcting others, as long as it will help them...not for self satisfaction.

this thread is great, people ought to think about stuff like this.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

36.) Are you glad that you have answer No to all of these questions?

HEY!! This one is tricky!!

I can almost follow your thought pattern while compiling these.

Great stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Hey, for some people, they wouldnt know how to operate without their egos. Especially here in America. They associate ego with identity.

As if, you quit serving yourself, you no longer exist.

Indeed that is what they think.
Hit the nail on the head.
They think they will die if they unplug from the ego, or turn down it's volume.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
"42.) Do you think you are somebody beyond your relationships? (husband, father, mother, brother sister, provider etc..)"

What does this mean? Do I think I'm Wonderwoman or a Superstar?
What? Beyond your relationships...? Like a successful career minded person? Or an expert in a field with a degree related? What? No, I'm just a mother and family member with my inflated ego.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

There's PLENTY of "yes" for me in there no doubt. I was going to answer each, one by one, in further detail but just gave up. I don't think it will improve the thread.

After some reflection, you might just as well ask yourself if you are controlled by MY ego.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I wouldnt take offense, but yes, what you describe is ego.

Letting go of the ego, would mean you dont think of yourself as anything, but a piece of everything.
Being an expert, or a master of a trade/field shouldnt be a something that invokes pride.
Pursuing the knowledge itself, should be your goal, not praise for your achievements. Theres no need to prove what you know/achieve.

But thats my belief, personally. Some people crave that praise/recognition. But then you have to ask yourself, why do I crave acknowledgement?

I dont brag everytime I read a novel, because I did it for my own enjoyment. Why would you do the same with anything else?

Being a master chef, does not mean you will like my cooking.

See what Im getting at?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To one who feels inclined or compelled to take a self test with some 44 questions to determine their relationship with their ego, the answer should be self evident no?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Touche, my good man.

Good show.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
To one who feels inclined or compelled to take a self test with some 44 questions to determine their relationship with their ego, the answer should be self evident no?

At first glance it might appear that way, though humans are notorious for incongruencies and a lack of self awareness.
That's not directed at anyone personally. What I mean is that we would not have psychology itself if humans did not require a structured system of some sort to guage self.

No touche , here.
It's a creative way to question.
Isn't that what we are supposed to do here on the ATS?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

But what does that say about someone that needs to feel a sense of superiority by NOT answering the questions at least to himself or herself?

Actually there are 50 questions if I counted correctly. The numbering is in total chaos.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Touche, my good man.

Good show.

Good man or not (and I'm sure he is), we all know he's getting those stars JUST for being S-Dog in typical ATS celebrity affirmative action.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

But what does that say about someone that needs to feel a sense of superiority by NOT answering the questions at least to himself or herself?

Good man or not (and I'm sure he is), we all know he's getting those stars JUST for being S-Dog in typical ATS celebrity affirmative action.

Mmm, speaking of ego identification, there's a lot going in there.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Where is the grading chart?

I want to see how much better I did on the test than all you stooges.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Mmm, speaking of ego identification, there's a lot going in there.

No worry, I threw down a couple for ya just to keep from crossing the line. Please forgive my insolence.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

There's PLENTY of "yes" for me in there no doubt. I was going to answer each, one by one, in further detail but just gave up. I don't think it will improve the thread.

After some reflection, you might just as well ask yourself if you are controlled by MY ego.

Here's a twist for you. I checked on this thread hoping to find approval of my post. That's Ego too. It always wants to feel approval and that it did a Good job.

We all live in Ego every now and then, but it's helpfull to notice when it's your Ego and when it's the REAL you

[edit on 18-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

One's ego is a part of oneself, it's not separate. No one is devoid of it, though some may deny it - ego is a sliding spectrum and where one falls on that spectrum depends on the situation. IMO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join