It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Assaulted By Principal For Handing Out Flu Vaccine Fliers

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Apparently a student at Breckenridge High School in Minnesota was suspended after being physically assaulted by his principal while sitting next to the nurse while students were lined up to receive Swine Flu vaccines. He was handing students fliers on information about the side effects of the vaccine, and Robert can explain the rest:

Principal Bettin doesn't care for me too much apparently, as he hung up on me when I was asking him if they planned to release a statement. The secretary told me it was the first she had ever heard of it (yeah right, I'm the only one that called...
) I asked her if she was even at school on that date and she said yes. The county school board receptionist obviously had heard about it, as she told me "I can wait on a return to my voicemail like everyone else." No contact yet from the voicemail, but the day is young. Someone else that answered told me they had no knowledge of such an incident.

The Minnesota Department of Education told me that this issue was closed and there would be no statement. Apparently they have heard about an issue and closed the issue that the Principal, secretary, and Country School Board Reception #2 have never even dreamed of!

Sounds fishy, thought I would share.

*Edit - If this was already posted, someone please let me know and I will have this closed and redirect my results there.

[edit on 12/18/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is good of the student to stand up to illegality.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Awesome Find!

People Do not just read the caption, you MUST see this video! This is Shocking!

I Hope this boy sues the school and he releases the rest of the footage. I hope the Teacher and President go to JAIL!

I hope this is NOT a Hoax. How can we be sure without seeing the rest of the footage?

Very Interesting and Great find! Star and flag for you!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I hope this is NOT a Hoax. How can we be sure without seeing the rest of the footage?

After speaking to all those people myself, for the time being until more information comes out, I believe something is going on with this. There was definitely the reactions I would expect out of a school that wanted to keep this quieted down and not give me any information on what happened.

We will see, I'm going to keep on this until I can get an answer from someone in that state in the position to give me some form of a statement.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Another good story about our rights being taken away.
No Junior ,your not allowed to think
. Im going to keep an eye on how this plays out. Nice post .
star and flag

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I left this comment in this kids youtube profile.

every time i refresh the page, it gets deleted

Your doing a great job standing up.

Skimming through what you got though, I'm under the impression your caught up in the wrong sources though. Should know that any form of Main stream media is crap, even if they appear to be hinting in on the conspiracy stuff, they are misleading people. Right vs Left kind of concept, keep people tunnel visioned so they don't look elsewhere.

Also I think Alex Jones is a bit of a fraud. He is lacks in information, partial stories, runs around in circles. Kinda like a step up from Glen Bleck for the people with eyes that like to wonder a bit further. Alex Jones is full of too much scare mongering.

the abovetopsecret.com community and projectcamelot.org are a lot more with it imo than alex jones.

What kind of bull is this?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Just so you know, it takes time for a comment to show up in the comments section of Youtube.

I did try to contact him to see if he would like to share his story on ATS. We'll see.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This student clearly violated several code of conduct infractions. Unfortunately, students are not granted the very same freedoms and liberties while IN school or attending school events.

He was insubordinate. And he was also suspended, meaning he is suspended from all school grounds. By stepping foot on school property, he is trespassing and subject to arrest.

The kid had the right idea to want to educate and inform...but also created quite a scene.

I would have suspended the student far longer than two days and also reprimanded the teacher for ever physically engaging with the student. Instead, I would have had an on-campus school resource officer, or deputy, inform him of his actions and potential arrest.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I feel stupid now, gonna be 3 or 4 double posts if that's the case, I got it to post on the video though instead, either way I hope he reads it.

Hey folks, maybe we should mail the principal of his school asking him about it?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
This student clearly violated several code of conduct infractions. Unfortunately, students are not granted the very same freedoms and liberties while IN school or attending school events.

He was insubordinate. And he was also suspended, meaning he is suspended from all school grounds. By stepping foot on school property, he is trespassing and subject to arrest.

The kid had the right idea to want to educate and inform...but also created quite a scene.

I would have suspended the student far longer than two days and also reprimanded the teacher for ever physically engaging with the student. Instead, I would have had an on-campus school resource officer, or deputy, inform him of his actions and potential arrest.

I'm going to be a bit ignorant here, and I tend to be very abstract. I know all rights except "those that shall not be infringed" can be removed. But this also depends on who the human is presenting or representing them-self as. A person/artificial person (corporattion)? A Natural person, or a human being? Depending on who you assume you are, you gain or lose rights. This is how it works in court after all.

But here is where my ignorance kicks in... who cares if he doesn't have the rights according to the legal platform? Lets run over it all we want, because ethically, we deserve it. Enough BS.

Anything can be made law and right holding force or anything void, the only thing that gives these concepts "value" is the force of humans behind them.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Gee, maybe they should have just printed up some Pro-Vaccination fliers and had him pass both out. Gotta give the kids both sides of the controversy, don'tcha know.

The more "injustices" I look into over the past year after reading a thread here about them... the more it seems the vast majority of them are either staged or anticipated so as to evoke public sympathy when their video hits YouTube showing their oppression in action... when what you don't see is the 20 minuites (or whatever actions taken up to that point) where the victim confuses "FreeSpeech" with the right to be a "Childish Attention Demanding Obnoxious Douche-bag who makes public forums intolerable for everyone else in a 15 meter radius" 50 if they get the bullhorn.

I don't know if that's the case with this kid (yet), and I will give it due consideration. Just don't expect me to feel sorry for the guy if he brought it on himself with the intent to cause a scene and play the victim on YouTube.

---------------------------------

No Junior ,your not allowed to think

I wonder if it ever occurs to those who spout this line that other people have put thought into this, and have overwhelmingly come to the conclusion that you're wrong? Naw... must be everyone else brainwashed by some uber-national elite brainwashing conspiracy. Only the people who can agree with you could ever possibly be right, - right? Only they know how to think correctly huh?

Here's a THOUGHT! How about we make straight F- grades across the board passing grades anyhow? After all, they're not failing. They're just getting smarter in the other direction!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
I left this comment in this kids youtube profile.

every time i refresh the page, it gets deleted

Your doing a great job standing up.

Skimming through what you got though, I'm under the impression your caught up in the wrong sources though. Should know that any form of Main stream media is crap, even if they appear to be hinting in on the conspiracy stuff, they are misleading people. Right vs Left kind of concept, keep people tunnel visioned so they don't look elsewhere.

Also I think Alex Jones is a bit of a fraud. He is lacks in information, partial stories, runs around in circles. Kinda like a step up from Glen Bleck for the people with eyes that like to wonder a bit further. Alex Jones is full of too much scare mongering.

the abovetopsecret.com community and projectcamelot.org are a lot more with it imo than alex jones.

What kind of bull is this?

You're adding a url to the comment. If you look you will probably notice that when you click Post Comment button, it simply gets greyed out and still says "Post Comment" not "Comment posted" - youtube dont let urls in comments.

[edit on 18/12/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
they had a h1n1 flu vaccine clinic at my school to.
the only difference is the teachers knew the dangers and didnt take it.
neither did any of my friends and only a couple of students.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
At my school I would have been beaten with a strap - which is called punishment and discipline - for me assault is getting the living # kicked out of me in the street - thats assault buddy. Not saying you shouldn't hand out fliers - just don't exaggerate your claims in order to empower your position. There are a lot of people out there who genuinely get assaulted and have no recourse.

Be a man. You got manhandled - call it what it was and speak the truth - your truth is good enough without the need to resort to exaggerations.

You don't need to the music either.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Assault is a crime of violence against another person. In some jurisdictions, including Australia and New Zealand, assault refers to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, while in other jurisdictions, such as the United States, assault may refer only to the threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force

Wikipedia

In other words he was assaulted by force.

There is no apparent exaduration within his immediate claim.

Within our society music is used consciously or subconsciously to keep ones attention on the subject at hand. Most of us westerners have attention deficit disorter after all.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When I saw the title of this thread I was expecting there to be some story about the principal getting the student in a head lock or something along those lines.
What an absolute drama queen. Kills me that the act of pushing a person (not intending the person to fall over, just remove them from the area) is classed as assault.

And I could be wrong, but isnt it midly illegal to hand out flyers on school grounds when you dont have permission to do so?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I could walk down the street right now and grab someone by the arm to be charged with assault. I would try it to prove it to you, but I don't care to go to jail to show you the obvious.

Illegal to hand out flyers on school grounds without permission? Are you trying to make a joke?

Students pass fliers on school grounds all the time without permission from a principal or teacher. This time it just happens to be something against the status quo and something bad comes out of it. Coincidence, right? How absolutely ludicrous to even suggest such a thing as a plausible excuse for those actions.

----

All these little "crybabies" that try to stick up for what they believe in, get assaulted and/or arrested, and then the people that do whatever they're told by their leaders sit back and belittle them. TPTB must be so proud of their creations.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Er, no Im not making a joke, which is why I said 'I could be wrong'. There's got to at least be some sort of regulation, because I know you arent allowed to stick up posters without permission. Maybe thats just in the UK.

It just seems over the top, making it sound like the guys principal had done something awful when he didnt! If he had punched him or even pushed him over then fair enough, but he didnt.
If he's trying to educate & inform people then wouldnt his efforts be better spent handing out leaflets & whatnot in other places, instead of making videos on youtube about his principal 'assaulting' him because he was creating a scene.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I think your missing the point, it's not about "getting assaulted", it's the limitation of freedoms on school grounds, and the fact the principal who's supposed to be a public servant assaulted him and broke school protocol. Also the fact the principal is not an officer of the state, so he shouldn't be able to do that in the first place.

If it was about "getting assaulted", then I think he'd be complaining about getting assaulted all the time by friends for just being guys.

I agree he was creating a scene how he was handing these things out, but the school was taking inappropriate measures against him.

I gotta hand it to the kid for the passion.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Oh yea definately, fair play to him for standing up for what he believes in. But there's a time and a place for doing this sort of stuff. And lying so he could leave class and go to the place in the school where they were giving the vaccinations is not the right way to go about it.
Plus, the students who were lining up for the vaccine were missing classes, but they had permission to do so. This guy didnt, he had no intention of getting the vaccine and so had no permission not to be in class. He obviously didnt go straight back to class either seeing as he had time to film an interview with another student.

When he came back later he was told he wasnt allowed to enter the room, so his reaction was to slip under the persons arm who was blocking the door. Seems by this point he was just trying to create a scene rather than educate anyone.
As for the bit about the camera, yea bit of a harsh reaction, but this guy was acting like a complete tit by the sounds of it... and another thing I dont know if this is just a difference in regulations between the UK and america, but you can have that sort of stuff confiscated. Especially if you are refusing to put it away. Also, is he being serious claiming harassment because he parked up at the school and a police man was watching him?

As I said at the beginning of the post, fair play to him standing up for what he believes in, cant fault him for that. But he went about it the wrong way here, and the way the staff reacted says more about them than the vaccine itself. There's plenty of ways to educate people without winding everyone up and causing a scene.

new topics

top topics

join