It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq demands withdrawal of Iranian troops.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Iraq demands withdrawal of Iranian troops.

www.cnn.com

The Iraqi government Friday demanded the withdrawal of an Iranian "armed group" that it says seized an oil well in southern Iraq on Thursday night.

Iran is denying any takeover took place.The Iraqi government issued a strong statement deploring the act after Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki headed an emergency meeting of Iraq's National Security Council to discuss the situation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So what now? Is Iran trying to start a war with Iraq? Or is Iran just trying to tick the US off my flexing muscle by taking over America's most precious thing in the world, an oil well. I think Iran is really trying to make America look pretty weak and dumb by just invading the country they are occupying. Well I don't see this going anywhere such as armed conflict of war but it does look like another provocation.

www.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

So what now? Is Iran trying to start a war with Iraq? Or is Iran just trying to tick the US off my flexing muscle by taking over America's most precious thing in the world, an oil well. I think Iran is really trying to make America look pretty weak and dumb by just invading the country they are occupying. Well I don't see this going anywhere such as armed conflict of war but it does look like another provocation.

www.cnn.com

This looks more staged than real. The reason is people in the world have been waiting for a reason to launch an attack against Iran. And by them attacking an Iraqi oil well, gives them that reason. This doesn't make sense unless they attacked in northern Iraq where they have been having trouble with the terrorists that have been using that area for staging into their country. If I was them I would have waited until they had their reactor up and running.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Or, a pretty weak setup by the CIA to use as a premise for laying the foundation of action against Iran.....

Let's hope it's just some nutters in the Iranian military or some Iranian terrorists, eh?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

how does it make america look dumb. iran taking over an oil field is the equivalent and a fly landing on my cupcake. does it bother me? no not that much. and if i do get annoyed all i need to do is softly flick my hand and the fly is gone.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I rather believe it is the Iraqi government that is trying to hide the fact that the insurgency in Iraq carries on. They want us to believe that the terrorists in Iraq are in fact iranian military, to cover up their own problems and give another excuse for an atack on Iran.

I think it is going to happen soon, Iraq also needed a reason to allow the use of its airspace for a strike on Iran. So Iranian invading Iraq is the perfect way to do it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I rather believe it is the Iraqi government that is trying to hide the fact that the insurgency in Iraq carries on. They want us to believe that the terrorists in Iraq are in fact iranian military, to cover up their own problems and give another excuse for an atack on Iran.

I think it is going to happen soon, Iraq also needed a reason to allow the use of its airspace for a strike on Iran. So Iranian invading Iraq is the perfect way to do it.

I agree that it's obviously not Iranian military. The Iraqi government has gone from claiming that it was "Iranian military" to now claiming that it is "Iranian armed groups". On top of that Iran has denied that they have taken over any oil fields.

These folks just never quit.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Dont be surprised if a investagating troop of US soldiers comes under fire

with casualities.

Then we know the outcome of that.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Come on, the US and Israel have been itching to do something with Iran for months/years. Everyone knows this.

Why would Iran send over 11 soldiers to take a single oil field again?

This is a false flag if anything legitimate at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Oh man, I really wish I could comment on this.

I would like to keep my TS and SCI clearances though. And being investigated once by DHS is enough for me.

I'm not in the region currently, but based on my prior experiences....

Merry Christmas is all I will say.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The border in that area is ill-defined. They share the oil field in that area.

Based on previous experiences in the area since 2004, i'm not surprised one might have encroached on the other.

It's something diplomats will exchange notes about.

All of you salivating about an invasion of Iran (since 2006 or so), will have to keep on waiting.

top topics

join