It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mispronounces his daughters name!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sasha and Malia Hmmm..Doesn't sound like he says that?

I may forget my kids name (every once in a while )but I never mispronounce it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Or it could be that "Maya" is a shorthand nickname for the kid.

This is political?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maya means Illusion in Sanskrit
Obama is an illusion in reality

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Are you sure it is not one of those cases where the name is spelled differently then it is pronounced?

I don't pay that much attention to the president and his speeches but for a father to mispronounce his child's name...

I just gotta ask, are you sure?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
OMG ... that's gotta be a conspiracy !

...... #2...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
One of the greatest things about ATS is that everyone can post their thoughts and opinions, be they genius or abject idiocy. Hence the latter isn't against the T&C.

A wise policy that on occasions such as this one, seriously backfires.

Oh and not for nothing, but one should really spell their username right before bringing this crucial information to our attention.

[edit on 18 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sometime my Dad calls me the cat's name.

So what.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Man, there is ATS and there is plain 'looking for nothing'
Come on....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Sometime my Dad calls me the cat's name.

So what.

Exactly. My dad would go thru all the kids, then the pets, and finally ask, "Hey, what's your name? If I'm looking at you, I'm talking to you!"

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Man, don't ever let me become POTUS then because I'll confuse the heck out of people when I talk about my daughter to the Media. My dissenters will be having a mud-slinging frenzy thinking that I have a secret illegitimate child that I am hiding in the closet when I call her by several different names (I almost never use my daughter's first name. I call her by a shortened version of her middle name, or her full middle name, and sometimes even refer to her by her nicknames, and sometimes mistakenly use her online pseudonym.).

Aren't there more important things to worry about in the world than trying to put another notch in your "See! FoxNews was right! Obama is the Anti-Christ" bedpost?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What are you suggesting?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Maybe she's not his daughter?Just another stage prop in the obama show.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Aren't there more important things to worry about in the world than trying to put another notch in your "See! FoxNews was right! Obama is the Anti-Christ" bedpost?

Well there's the recovery
Cap and tax
health care
illegal immigrants
and my favorite climate change
but I think those are all bollocks so, no.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Maybe she's not his daughter?Just another stage prop in the obama show.

If anything, all I think that this clip shows is that Obama is human after all.

That actually has the effect of making people endear him more rather than dislike him.

If someone had pointed out every Bushism that ever happened, trying to link it to something more nefarious they would have died from exhaustion! Yet even those that despised Bush's policies and felt he was a horrible POTUS couldn't help but like the guy every time he would insert his own foot into his mouth because it made him human. He was like the retarded step-child of America that made everyone feel a little better about themselves because by comparison he made the dullest of us seem like Einstein by comparison.

Minor slips of speech happen to the best of us hundreds of times a day. When a POTUS does it, it doesn't make people hate them (their policies do that all on their own). Instead, it actually reaffirms to the People that the POTUS is human too, just like the rest of us. It's actually those little slips of speech that makes us like them in spite of what their policies may be.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Bush was fun to watch(try)to speak.I almost always got a chuckle.But this guy tries to be too perfect,so I love it when he screws up but not in an awe isn't that cute kind of way.Maybe because he doesn't "talk"he reads.Could it be he was reading this off a teleprompter and they spelled his daughters name wrong?Uh yeah.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

LOL

LOL

LOL

ahahahahahaahahahaahahaahaah!!

ok, that is all...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I was going to write something mean and then your white guy gangster wannabe with a squirt gun avatar scared me.(the hoody is a bit much)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I was gonna write something meaningful but then I found out you put way too much stock in avatars, so I figured, whats the point...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Could be a nickname. Could be anything really.
Btw I thought that idoit was supposed to be ironic. It makes sense.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hahaha, my dad has never forgotten my name, but he use to forget my age. Glad to see that I'm not the only person with a forgetful father.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join