It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill: Kill Em

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
BBC story

A draft law currently going through parliament in Uganda has prompted controversy far beyond East Africa.

These are some of the provisions of the Anti-Homosexuality Bill:

Gay men and lesbians convicted of having sex would be sentenced, at minimum, to life in prison.
Homosexuals who have sex with a minor may receive the death penalty.
Anyone who knows of homosexual activity taking place and fails to report it risks up to three years in prison.

The bill is currently in committee prior to a Second Reading in parliament that is due to happen in February.

It is expected to become law soon after that.

The bill was introduced by an MP named David Bahati.

Well once the hard core christians get there hands on this Uganda will become a shining beacon to all narrow minded petty people world wide

[edit on 18-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
no one's going to know or care about this law.

What about the dozens of Muslim countries that have the death penalty for homosexual acts? Where are the gay-rights people there?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To me,your thinking that Christians want to kill everyone who doesn't believe the way they do is a glaring example of "narrow-mindedness"!

True Christians believe the word of God when it says "ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

(It's through faith,by grace,that we have been saved,not of works,lest no man should boast...)

Even if someone were to live a completely blameless life,the Bible says "unless a man be born again,he cannot inherit the kingdom of God". Only through accepting Christ as our Savior are we redeemed.(Just so you know!)

This is a horrible bill! And if they do this,what will they deem next to be worthy of death? It opens the door to very dangerous policy in other areas as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Story here

Mega-minister Rick Warren has become a reluctant actor in the most instructive morality play of his highly televised ministry.

Where the preaching against homosexuality goes too far
Under the influence of Ugandan evangelical preachers, the country's parliament is considering a sinister step. Leaders are mulling over imposing the death penalty or life imprisonment for "aggravated homosexuality." Another Ugandan proposal would jail anyone found to be "aiding and abetting" a homosexual. Presumably, that could mean a doctor who dares to treat gay patients infected with HIV could be locked up. Maybe so could a pastor who counsels a gay parishioner, or a family that accepts a gay child, instead of turning him over to authorities. Pink triangles, anyone?

Sorry but this is a Christian sponsored Bill... So it seems you jumped to narrow minded conclusions...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Story here

Mega-minister Rick Warren has become a reluctant actor in the most instructive morality play of his highly televised ministry.

Where the preaching against homosexuality goes too far
Under the influence of Ugandan evangelical preachers, the country's parliament is considering a sinister step. Leaders are mulling over imposing the death penalty or life imprisonment for "aggravated homosexuality." Another Ugandan proposal would jail anyone found to be "aiding and abetting" a homosexual. Presumably, that could mean a doctor who dares to treat gay patients infected with HIV could be locked up. Maybe so could a pastor who counsels a gay parishioner, or a family that accepts a gay child, instead of turning him over to authorities. Pink triangles, anyone?

Sorry but this is a Christian sponsored Bill... So it seems you jumped to narrow minded conclusions...

OK First off you need a swift kick to your head for posting such BS.

Go to RickWarren.com and READ his post... here's an excerpt...

But because I didn't rush to make a public statement, some erroneously concluded that I supported this terrible bill, and some even claimed I was a sponsor of the bill. You in Uganda know that is untrue.

Ya know, because you slam a Christian you fugger... you need a great slap upside your head for spreading disinfo. Go check your sources ... FREAK.

You speak from such Piety like Rick Warren wouldn't be immediately BANISHED from any Christian organization for even CONSIDERING something like sponsoring a bill that kills gays.

Anyone that condones killing a homo is NOT a Christian so get back to hell you slithering sh!t covered serpent.

Sheesh. When will Christian bashers understand that REAL Christians AREN'T like that. EVER. Or they aren't Christians.

Ban Me ... like I care for a site that allows this rampant crap disinfo to continue.

EDit to ADD : Your USMC Avatar is an absolute DISGRACE to your country and uniform ... I don't believe for an instant that you are USMC you disrespectful piece of work.

[edit on 12·18·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sorry,but Rick Warren does not speak for the Christians with eyes to see that he does not preach the gospel!

In any case,he definetly does not represent me or my views!

From
falseteachersexposed.blogspot.com...

QUOTE:

..."Rick Warren is bringing teachers of the ‘NEW AGE’ into his church. Joel Osteen is teaching that man determines his own destiny. Billy Graham started this teaching with his ‘Hour of Decision’ broadcast and Pope Benedict is telling his world audience that we should admire and revere Mohammed. Christ preached an entirely different message."....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Unfortunately, there are MANY fake Christians ... they give Christianity a bad name. Don't go lumping us all in one dustbin because you think that we follow these creeps. I don't much care for Rick Warren.

He did, however, moderate one of the Presidential debates... which I respect him for ... but for once. Else, I never heard of him.

If I search around internet I can find alot of damning info on alot of respected individuals. Just because it's from a blog doesn't make it so... and as I did ONE ... ONLY ONE search on Google and found Rick Warren's own .com page and the first thing I read was a public statement correcting disinfo.

I hardly lifted a finger to debunk the OP.

That is complete BS. I rarely care to make the effort to some of goofy posts made here. Most goofy posts can be looked at like a Kaleidoscope Of Kaos and I can only wonder "what are they thinking? (likely NOT)". To each his own.

Too much Christian bashing. If they say they are Christian and not behaving like a Christian then they aren't! Simple as that. And everyone that sees them as such can know ... without doubt... they are NOT Christian.

Vet your info. Check Rick Warren's website for his side of the story. If you have dirt on him ... go for it... All I know is my gut feeling told me this OP turned into a steaming pile pretty fast. I don't know Rick Warren but I find it hard to believe any Christian would advocate killing homo's.

Make fun of them ... sure ... I always do... some of my friends have been homo's ... when I told one I wouldn't drop the soap in a certain situation... he said ... "I would" ... I looked at him and we both laughed.

I don't like the lifestyle that he and his BF have chosen... I can see they are as unstable as many other couples. I'm not his friend anymore but not completely because he's a homo. I don't really care. If he needs me, I can be a friend.

A Christian isn't going to spout what ever you think this SuperPreacher said... I'm amazed that anyone with a clue wouldn't check into this even more.

Edit to add Benny Hinn (Valley of Ben Hinnom is an EEEvil place). Jeremiah 32:35 They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molech) I'll let you do the math on this monster. People can be easily misled. Can we all say FAKE together.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 12·18·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ok, this is where i get confuse as hell, Im not a Christian, come to that i dont believe in any kind of supreme being or god for that matter, but i have read some pretty bad things i the bible, when i was looking in to the idea of becoming a Christian, some 20 years ago and this is the sort of thing that put me off.

I have only sued this video because its easier than putting all the quotes in, bellow, but i have checked them and they are true.

so that's where i get stuck, is the bible the word of god to be followed by all Christians? or is it not? I don't get it.

BTW, Im not anti gay people i an not gay, but i do have many friends whom are gay men and women.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
[edit on 18-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I guess to me the "fundamentals" are the very basis of Christianity,which would lead me to wonder just what kind of "Christian" he is.

That,and the whole "purpose-driven" life seems to put the emphasis more on "man" than on "God".(That's probably a different subject altogether!)

And believe me,I don't judge anyone as far as saying,"They're going to Hell!" But I do pray for discernment,because false prophets,like Hinn,are everywhere! I'd say most of the "successful" preachers on television are,and I'd be happy to recommend an excellent video for you to decide for yourself,if you like!

Just a bit about Rick Warren

www.newswithviews.com...

QUOTE:

Warren: "Now the word "fundamentalist" actually comes from a document in the 1920s called the Five Fundamentals of the Faith. And it is a very legalistic, narrow view of Christianity, and when I say there are very few fundamentalists, I mean in the sense that they are all actually called fundamentalist churches, and those would be quite small. There are no large ones…I am an evangelical. I'm not a member of the religious right and I'm not a fundamentalist ...Today there really aren't that many Fundamentalists left; I don't know if you know that or not, but they are such a minority; there aren't that many Fundamentalists left in America."

www.crossroad.to...

QUOTE:
...."Today there really aren't that many Fundamentalists left; I don't know if you know that or not, but they are such a minority; there aren't that many Fundamentalists left in America ... Now the word 'fundamentalist' actually comes from a document in the 1920s called the Five Fundamentals of the Faith. And it is a very legalistic, narrow view of Christianity." Quote by Rick Warren, May 2005

What are those Five Fundamentals of the Faith? [From www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/pewreligion.htm#fundamentals]

1. The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8-9).

2. The Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:27).

3. The Blood Atonement (Acts 20:28; Romans 3:25, 5:9; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 9:12-14).

4. The Bodily Resurrection (Luke 24:36-46; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 15:14-15).

5. The inerrancy of the scriptures themselves (Psalms 12:6-7; Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20).

new topics

top topics

join